Fashion in Astrology

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fashion in Astrology

Post  MKing on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:53 am

I've always wondered about this topic.......

What sort of connection does fashion have with astrology? Is it our Asc, maybe Venus, or Neptune, even.

I came across this the other day..........

123
Astrology wrote:
Ever wondered how much your astrology sign has to do with your preferences
in fashion. In this edition of this newsletter we are
going to take a
look at how your Sun Sign might influence the taste
of male members
of the Zodiac.

Aries

Aries is a cardinal Fire sign When it
comes to they not afraid to
flash status symbols such as a Rolex watch
or expensive Egyptian
cotton shirts.. Some of them dress to
intimidate by outfitting
themselves in in blood red or midnight
black. This sexy sign loves
dashing, well-tailored clothes that boast
masculine shapes and gold
buttons as accents. Silk and velvet
appeal to their sense of
opulence. They also like to splurge on
expensive Italian shoes.

Taurus

These loving family oriented
individuals belong are ruled by the
Earth so they couldn't care less
about fashion. They are more
concerned with family projects and
saving money. The clothes they
buy to be inexpensive and easy-to care
for such as khakis, jeans,
and items made of polyester-cotton blend
fabrics.Taurus males tend
to dress casually for the office. They also
feel the most confident
unassuming colors such as taupe, brown, jade
or grey. They often
own many pairs of socks in the same color so
that they never have
to deal with a missing sock..

Gemini

These
sexy and intelligent men are ruled by Air, which means that
they
have an outfit for every occasion. They own everything from
hip-waders
to riding chaps to saffron colored robes just in case
they are
offered an unusual social invitation.Geminis have a keen
sense of
style, and prefer to dress up as the office "shark"
complete with power suit and diamond
encrusted expensive watch.
They usually wear ties in shimmering jewel
tones such as pink,
lavender, silver and gold. It is always the
Gemini wearing things
like a leopard skin cowboy boots, buckled
boots, faux lizard belts,
leopard print jackets and sharkskin suits.

Cancer

Cancer
males are ruled by water which means that they tend to hide
their
charms behind bland polyester-blend suits and loose fitting
khaki pants and T shirts.
At work, they prefer to be as unassuming
as possible, discarding the
power suit in favor of brown corduroy
jeans and a tweed jacket,
Crabs like to hang around in tracksuits
and sloppy t-shirts. These
sensual signs prefer loose clothing to
tight tailored items. Male
Cancers secretly adore uniforms,
leather jackets and pants, chaps, smoking jackets, top hats and
narrow
lapelled suits from the 50s and 60s.

Leo

The Leo male is
an enthusiastic, arrogant personality commonly
associated with the
Fire element. Male Leos are usually so good
looking that they tend to
look just as in a T-shirt and jeans as
they do in an expensive
suit.. Male Lions secretly lust after
designer clothing by Gucci Hugo Boss, Emmanual Ungaro, Armani and
Versace.
Although most of them prefer the simple dramatic effect
of a
tailored black suit paired with a crisp white cotton shirt,
they are
also attracted to two-tone fabrics such as sharkskin and
vinyl. For
more formal events, the Lion likes to dress up white tux
and red bow
tie.

Virgo

Sensible Virgo men, who are ruled by the Earth
element in are most
attracted to practical clothing. They prefer
well-tailored,
conservative suits in shades of grey, camel, navy blue
and brown.
These perfectionists never leave the house without a
well-stocked
briefcase and fully programmed computer organizer. They
would also
never be caught dead in a shirt with a missing button or a
suit
that hasn't been dry-cleaned and pressed. Theys sometimes tone
down
their tailored
suits with a sporty touch, such a two-toned leather
shoes or a
shirt in an ice-cream pastel.

Scorpio

Passionate Scorpio
males are ruled by the Water element in Western
Astrology, which means that when
it comes to fashion, they are
ruled by their emotions. A male
Scorpion might dress head-to toe
dress in sky blue to express his
creativity or confidence in a
project or all black to express his
intention to be a deadly
player at office politics.
However,
despite a tendency to be ruled by subtly shifting moods,
these
secretive control freaks also believe that they should always
appear
poised and authoritative to others. Scorpios are fond of the
colors of the
Devil: red and black. Many own stylish motorcycle
jackets, tight pants and long
coats made from the softest leathers.

Sagittarius

Playful
male Sagittarians are ruled by Fire in Western Astrology,
which means that they
consider fashion to be a way of helping them
maintain a youthful,
carefree and fun appearance. Male Archers will
avoid clothing styles
that are boast designer
labels and pick
versatile items that make them feel sex and,
confident. They prefer
loose clothing to tightly tailored outfits and
are the males at the
office who are mostly likely to show up at the
office with a shirt
untucked from the waistband. Archres are also
very eccentric and
love to collect vintage clothing, army surplus finds, mod
watches
from the sixties and shirts with Mandarin
collars. .

Capricorn

Male Capricorns are ruled by
the Earth element in traditional
Western astrology. They are blessed
them with natural good taste
and a keen eye for timeless pieces. They
tend to purchase quality,
durable items that they can mix and match
to make a strong,
personal statement. They prefer well-tailored,
conservative
clothing, in shades such as navy blue, sky blue, and
camel to more
casual looks. Although this ambitious Earth sign loves making
money,
they consider the flaunting of designer labels or a lot of
jewelry
to be tacky and indicative of the lower class. However they
love
antiques and history, so some will hang a traditional pocket
watch
from a belt or boast a rare antique coin ring on a finger.

Aquarius

Aquarian
males are confident, intellectual beings who are ruled by
Air.When
it comes to fashion, they tend to choose clothes make a
strong
personal statement about their individuality. They love silk
shirts
in brilliant colors such as purple, magenta sky-blue,
ruby-red and
emerald green. As they are ecologically minded they
also tend to
avoid clothing made by companies that are known to
exploit child
labor.
Aquarian men tend to dress slightly more casually than their
colleagues
do at work. They are fond of patterns, plaids and
pinstripes as well
as traditional fabrics such as herringbone,
tweed poplin and
seersucker..

Pisces

Pisces males are ruled by the element
of Water in traditional
Western Astrology. Although they are very
masculine they are very
sensitive, creative and in touch with their
intuition. When it
comes to fashion, they tend to choose clothing
that appeals to
their sensual side. They love plush fabrics such as
corduroy ad
velvet and prefer to wear silk or satin shirts in
shimmering shades
of dark purple, black, aqua, marine blue and foam
green.. These
ardent campers, fishermen and explorers often cram
their closets
with all kinds of all-weather gear as well as tennis,
golf and
equestrian wear. For formal events they prefer a startling
emerald
green suit or the classic look of tails and a tux.

I guess the next newsletter will address the females sense of style.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3154
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:16 am

This thread sux without visual examples.



That's the most I've ever worn in one session. I don't think I match any of those descriptions. What sign do you think that is?
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3658
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  mi-cuit on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:55 am

The newsletter does say the devil's colors ( ) and you have both red and black on.
avatar
mi-cuit
Moderator

Cancer Cat
Posts : 172
Points : 2868
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  MKing on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:59 am

PapiChuloLeon wrote:This thread sux without visual examples.

If you want people to post pictures of their style, then just say so, fool.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3154
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  Dinny on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:17 am

I like it how the description for Virgo ignored Virgoan women entirely. But it describes Dr. ARM... sort of. All of his clothes are white, black, navy, tan, grey or olive. There isn't a piece of clothing in his wardrobe that deviates from this formula besides a few flannels that he dislikes anyway.

My fashion sense is vast and varied. My favorite thing to wear are fun and playful miniskirts, with tights and/or legwarmers. I have miniskirts, tights and legwarmers of every color and style under the sun. I have a pair of "wet look" tights, crocodile skin tights, tights that look like denim, stripy tights of every color combination imaginable, classy transparent tights with floral designs etc...

I also have some light and breezy summer dresses, elegant and expensive traditional Polish dresses, huge furry winter coats, stylish safari coats, fashionable long tunics and over fifty tee-shirts that are sparkly/shiny somehow... Um, it's impossible to describe my style. I just have a few rules for myself:

1) Show off my legs OR my chest. Showing off both simultaneously is extremely tacky (i.e. a tiny dress that plunges down to show tons of cleavage, and is also extremely high on the leg). To be sexy, show your chest. To be classy, show your legs.

2) If it's not shiny, it's probably not good.

3) Fluorescent colors (highlighter shade green, yellow, orange etc) don't suit me at all and are completely out of the question.

4) Scarves are a sexy and necessary component of a winter wardrobe (I give the thumbs up to men who wear scarves well, like Papi). I am attached to my scarves.

My favorite clothes, though? Bikinis! I love bikinis, of every color, shape and style.

Edit: Some pictures of some clothes I often wear, and they're just reposts.

Spoiler:



(Extremely old, I dislike this picture. Taken late 2006.)


This is typical of something I would wear in winter (boots over skinny jeans). Also, I guess you get to see ARM's wardrobe here too.
avatar
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat
Posts : 501
Points : 3382
Age : 25
Location : Dr. ARM's Laboratory

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  mi-cuit on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:39 pm

Dinny wrote: tights that look like denim

I believe the technical term is "jeggings"

I live the clashing patterns in the first picture btw. I like to do that sometimes with my clothes. I'm usually in shorts and some sort of t-shirt. The description fits me rather well. It is getting kind of childish though. I think I need a make-over, but I don't really want one.
avatar
mi-cuit
Moderator

Cancer Cat
Posts : 172
Points : 2868
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  MKing on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:01 pm

Dinny wrote:I like it how the description for Virgo ignored Virgoan
women entirely

The newsletter was directed toward the men fashion only, I guess they'll send out the female fashion newsletter next.

I agree with the Capricorn one. I am very casual, and people always assume that I am dressed up to go somewhere. I LOVE casual and formal clothes. However, I have my laid back days also.....I would probably be sporting a black tank top with some sweatpants and a pair new balances. Hmmm.....as far as colors goes.....that's quite interesting because I never noticed this before, but I have an array amount colors, but I do prefer Black.

Here's some of mines.....A few of them are pretty old. The last pic is pretty fun, cuz I was too cheap to buy it.
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3154
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:10 pm

MKing wrote:
Dinny wrote:I like it how the description for Virgo ignored Virgoan
women entirely

The newsletter was directed toward the men fashion only, I guess they'll send out the female fashion newsletter next.

I agree with the Capricorn one. I am very casual, and people always assume that I am dressed up to go somewhere. I LOVE casual and formal clothes. However, I have my laid back days also.....I would probably be sporting a black tank top with some sweatpants and a pair new balances. Hmmm.....as far as colors goes.....that's quite interesting because I never noticed this before, but I have an array amount colors, but I do prefer Black.

Here's some of mines.....A few of them are pretty old. The last pic is pretty fun, cuz I was too cheap to buy it.
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
Looks like a Gemini/Capricorn trickster with the eternalness of Pisces.


^
What sign is that?
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3658
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  MKing on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:15 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
MKing wrote:
Dinny wrote:I like it how the description for Virgo ignored Virgoan
women entirely

The newsletter was directed toward the men fashion only, I guess they'll send out the female fashion newsletter next.

I agree with the Capricorn one. I am very casual, and people always assume that I am dressed up to go somewhere. I LOVE casual and formal clothes. However, I have my laid back days also.....I would probably be sporting a black tank top with some sweatpants and a pair new balances. Hmmm.....as far as colors goes.....that's quite interesting because I never noticed this before, but I have an array amount colors, but I do prefer Black.

Here's some of mines.....A few of them are pretty old. The last pic is pretty fun, cuz I was too cheap to buy it.
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
Looks like a Gemini/Capricorn trickster with the eternalness of Pisces.


^
What sign is that?

Hmm........I would say.....Capricorn. It's enough to get the right kind of attention without being over the top. In fact, I have a Red and Black, Blac Label sweater just like that. Pretty cool, but then again, son, you always look fresh, so it doesn't matter LOL.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3154
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:25 pm

MKing wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
MKing wrote:
Dinny wrote:I like it how the description for Virgo ignored Virgoan
women entirely

The newsletter was directed toward the men fashion only, I guess they'll send out the female fashion newsletter next.

I agree with the Capricorn one. I am very casual, and people always assume that I am dressed up to go somewhere. I LOVE casual and formal clothes. However, I have my laid back days also.....I would probably be sporting a black tank top with some sweatpants and a pair new balances. Hmmm.....as far as colors goes.....that's quite interesting because I never noticed this before, but I have an array amount colors, but I do prefer Black.

Here's some of mines.....A few of them are pretty old. The last pic is pretty fun, cuz I was too cheap to buy it.
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
Looks like a Gemini/Capricorn trickster with the eternalness of Pisces.


^
What sign is that?

Hmm........I would say.....Capricorn. It's enough to get the right kind of attention without being over the top. In fact, I have a Red and Black, Blac Label sweater just like that. Pretty cool, but then again, son, you always look fresh, so it doesn't matter LOL.
For sure, bro. I like them cardigans and scarves. People around here don't really wear em.

I wonder what the josh, lilith, starfiresong, etc all look like.
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3658
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  MKing on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:29 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
For sure, bro. I like them cardigans

FUCK YEAH! I have about 3 of them.
I don't have any clear shots of my cardigans.......but this will have to do....
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3154
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:32 pm

MKing wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
For sure, bro. I like them cardigans

FUCK YEAH! I have about 3 of them.
I don't have any clear shots of my cardigans.......but this will have to do....
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
Never saw a fitted like that before.
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3658
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  MKing on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:38 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
MKing wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
For sure, bro. I like them cardigans

FUCK YEAH! I have about 3 of them.
I don't have any clear shots of my cardigans.......but this will have to do....
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
Never saw a fitted like that before.

That's another obsession I have.....Hats, Hats, and more Hats. I have a shitload of fitteds. I am not sure how many I have, but I can tell you that I have few fitted hats that I have never even worn before, so yeah, its an unhealthy obsession.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3154
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  lilith on Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:16 pm

I love all the Cancer men styles they mentioned but that will just make Tycoon call me a man even more. I love uniforms and secretary-like clothes (when it's done right), but I never wear them, just drawn to them. Leather jackets (not the butch kind), corduroy jackets, scarves (the more pattern-y, the better), etc. I don't like jeans (but have to wear them anyway) because I'm hourglass (or "sinusoidal" someone once said ) so they look weird IMO and so prefer dresses, usually summer type or a classy black one with high heels. The classier the clothes, the better. Cappy ascendant afterall, and it fits to a T. Either a pair of 4-5 inch heels/sandals or a pair of converse.

50s sweaters are great, the short ones with the slightly poofy sleeves, go great with jeans and heels. I'm very drawn to shirts like what this (great) actress is wearing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nandita_Das

A few don'ts...
Bubble dresses (not the Lady Gaga kind) are such an eyesore. Girls around here wear black non-see-through tights without any pants or skirts and it drives me up the wall, like they forgot a piece of clothing that morning. Ugg(ly) boots, skinny jeans when you have cone legs, sweatpants with words on the bum, tit curtains, etc. Oh and those gross stretchy "clubbing" shirts that have weird decorations on them. Like this: http://www.greatglam.com/misc_images/frontpagedec10andjan6EXCELLENT363.jpg - It doesn't look trendy, sexy or unique, just that you have herpes.
avatar
lilith

Cancer Cat
Posts : 289
Points : 2987
Age : 30
Location : Canada

View user profile http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  Monty on Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:50 pm

I'm not one for dramatic colours, I'm very understated when it comes to dress. I much prefer being plain but with a fine touch to it, natural colours are for me. I also despise wearing tight fitting stuff, it feels suffocating. It's easier if I post a picture, you'll see (soon enough!)
avatar
Monty

Leo Monkey
Posts : 213
Points : 2919
Age : 25
Location : Chichester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  Arikus on Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:32 pm

I wear band T-shirts, zip up sweatshirts, and jeans. I usually wear either a studded belt or a seat belt belt that's purple and black checkered. My hair is long, and has patches of bleach that look sorta like highlights.

My avatar is me. Though I may post another larger/more fully body pic later when I'm on my laptop.
avatar
Arikus

Title : Resourcerer
Aquarius Horse
Posts : 58
Points : 2688
Age : 27
Location : Insanity Ward

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  Monty on Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:45 pm

Arikus wrote:I wear band T-shirts, zip up sweatshirts, and jeans. I usually wear either a studded belt or a seat belt belt that's purple and black checkered. My hair is long, and has patches of bleach that look sorta like highlights.

My avatar is me. Though I may post another larger/more fully body pic later when I'm on my laptop.

Good man, me too! What bands do you go for?
avatar
Monty

Leo Monkey
Posts : 213
Points : 2919
Age : 25
Location : Chichester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  Arikus on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:52 pm

Monty wrote:
Arikus wrote:I wear band T-shirts, zip up sweatshirts, and jeans. I usually wear either a studded belt or a seat belt belt that's purple and black checkered. My hair is long, and has patches of bleach that look sorta like highlights.

My avatar is me. Though I may post another larger/more fully body pic later when I'm on my laptop.

Good man, me too! What bands do you go for?

I go for:
Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Emery, August Burns Red, Showbread, We Came As Romans, Sleeping With Sirens, The Devil Wears Prada, Norma Jean, UnderOath, and Paramore.
At least... Thats who I have shirts for. (generally more than one per each band)

Edit: Other than that I go for vintage style pop culture stuff. Like X-Men, Alice in Wonderland, and Mario. So long as the graphic takes up at least 70% of the shirt.
avatar
Arikus

Title : Resourcerer
Aquarius Horse
Posts : 58
Points : 2688
Age : 27
Location : Insanity Ward

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  Guest on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:19 pm

Taurus

These loving family oriented
individuals belong are
ruled by the
Earth so they couldn't care less
about fashion. They
are more
concerned with family projects and
saving money. The
clothes they
buy to be inexpensive and easy-to care
for such as
khakis, jeans,
and items made of polyester-cotton blend
fabrics.Taurus
males tend
to dress casually for the office. They also
feel the
most confident
unassuming colors such as taupe, brown, jade
or
grey. They often
own many pairs of socks in the same color so
that
they never have
to deal with a missing sock..

Hmmm...Let's see.

I do own some khakis, pants and shorts. I also own a lot of jeans. I am a pretty plain, boring dresser. I wear blue jeans mostly now if I wear long pants. I am "old=school" so I wear Levi's 501s, usually silvertabs. They are always a little tight in the crotch and don't last as long as some other brands but ... When I had a physical job, I wore Wranglers. My job now requires "casual" dress and I do go out into the factory quite a bit (I ran the entire factory today) so I wear jeans and a polo shirt most days. When I go out I usually wear a nice pair of jeans and a shirt (oxford, polo, collarless or a T), tucked in of course, a black leather belt and black leather Timberlands. If it's more formal I wear anything from chinos to a full suit. Around the yard it's usually a pair of shorts (jean, khaki, swimming), a T-shirt and either some sandals or a pair of New Balance with ankle length socks. Most of my T-shirts have VWs on them, or Caterpillar. I used to own a lot with Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Metallica, etc. When I was young all I wore were band shirts, holy jeans (faded or (gasp) stonewashed) and black high-tops (Chuck Taylors, reebok, LA Gear, Nike, etc) hey, it was the 80s-early 90s.

I do like shoes. I have about 20 pairs most of the time but I'm a little limited right now. I also have a sock fetish. I own a large drawer full. I really like different dress socks and have many, styles and patterns. I own a fair amount of argyle-style socks. My first pair was a gift from my Grandfather in Scotland when I was very little.

I have a few ties but not many. I like more subdued designs, nothing loud.

Colors? I have a lot of black t-shirts because that's just what color they are. I have more earth tone shirts but a lot of blues and such. i also have quite a few bowling style shirts. Actually, I dress a lot like Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men.

I think if you were to try to describe my "style" (or lack thereof) it would be simple and clean.

Guest

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog
Posts : 106
Points : 2765
Age : 47
Location : a little SW of the map balloon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  StarFireSong on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:37 am

Interesting thread.

My "style" is very comfort-driven. I wear a lot of colors, which is most apparent during the summer months. People have no trouble picking me out from the crowd then, lol. In winter, the colors are more muted, but no less vibrant. (They're jewel-toned in color.) Most of my shirts are plain, except a few tour t-shirts & other oddities I picked up over the years.

My pants are slacks & they're the basic colors: black, grey & one pair is a camel color. I HATE jeans (can't stand the sound they make when I walk), & I think slacks look nicer & more sophisticated than jeans do on me. My sister & my mom once gave me a pair of jeans for Christmas as a gag gift & had me wear them that day. After that, they sat in my drawer for 3 years before I wore them again, & that was only because I had to (work Halloween party thing).

I practically live in my sneakers, which are the TredSafe brand. They're the only ones I buy & the only ones I've worn since 2003, when I took a job at a grocery store & had to do a lot of running around. Since I've always had crappy balance & I'm known for slipping on floors & finding that ONE patch of ice no one else slipped on, they're the best sneakers I've ever had & I bless their wonderful slip-resistant soles.

Accessories are minimal. I wear a basic pair of silver stud earrings daily & a watch that was given to me on my 18th birthday/high school graduation party while I'm doing errands. When I feel like "dressing up", I have a few pairs of earrings that I'll put on instead, & I'll throw on some makeup (& very rarely a dash of perfume) if I want to.


I only buy clothes when I absolutely need to or when I need to inject a little variety into my outfits. That's it. I've had most of my clothes since high school, actually.

StarFireSong

Posts : 151
Points : 2784

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  MKing on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:16 pm

Here you go, Ladies!

123 Astrology wrote:
In the last newsletter we discussed the fashion taste of the male members
of the Zodiac. In this week's newsletter we are going to
take a look
at the Zodiac fashion tastes of the female members of
the horoscope
wheel.

Aries

Aries is a cardinal Fire sign in Western Astrology, which
means
these women are not afraid to flash a little flesh. They are
the
first to buy the latest and greatest trends. This sign refers
expensive
designer clothes, but will settle for any decent
imitation of
Armani, Pucci, Gucci, Ungaro and Prada. They
love
vivid shimmering fabrics in red, yellow and gold as well as
plush
velvets and gleaming silks. At work they are most likely to
wear
an offbeat mix of sweaters and skirts paired with a very high
pair
of sexy heels. They love long wool coats and pea coats in navy
and
red and are fond of black leather boots that hug their calves.

Taurus

These
loving family
oriented women are ruled by the Earth element
in Western Astrology
so they don't tend to splurge a lot of money
on fashion. The clothes
they by tend to be inexpensive and
utilitarian. They are fond of
easy-to care for items such as
khakis, jeans, sweatshirts and
polyester-blend fabrics. Taurus
Females tend to dress more casually
than most people do at the
office. They to prefer to wear a skirt or
sweater rather than a
body-restricting suit. If they do wear a suit,
it is usually in a
dull color such as brown or black. Bulls look best
in gowns with
bodices that emphasize their ample assets.

Gemini

These
sexy and cerebral women are ruled by the sign of Air, which
means
that when it comes to fashion they change their mind about
what they
want to wear every day. Their closets are well stocked
with the
appropriate outfits for any occasion. Gemini females have
a keen
sense of style and always up on the latest trends in
fashion. For
casual wear, they prefer clothes with subtle, yet
unusual touches -
velvet cuffs on shirt, an unexpected ruffle or a
bit of antique lace
on a collar. They love to dance so they prefer
loose fluid clothing
in silks, cottons and satins that flow with
them as they move. They
also like cheap street chic of a red vinyl
mini-skirt or the surprise
offered by the wearing of a bright
yellow sari to a garden
party. They also like tucking a few
blooms in their hair on a
summer's day.

Cancer

Cancer females are cardinal Water signs
which mean they can be very
insecure when it comes to their bodies
and often buy outfits on
impulse that are never seen outside the
store. These charming, but
shy individuals like to play by the rules
at work by wearing
traditional suit with below the knee hemlines.
They love to browse
through the Victoria's Secret catalogue as many
of them have secret
fetishes for costumes of all kinds. Their love
for uniforms for
example, often translates into the type of suit they
will choose to
work -- it may be military in flair and accented with
gold buttons.

Leo

The Leo female is ruled by Fire. These
drama queens love to dress
up and be admired by all. They have
exquisite and expensive
tastes
in clothing and lust after items created by Prada, Chanel, Ungaro,
Vera Wang, Pucci and
Gucci.
These confident and unconventional females often ignore the
rules
and wear what they want to work. They enjoy spicing up a power suit
by
shortening the hem and wearing a camisole beneath the suit
jacket.
They are avid collectors of lingerie and like to show it
off by
wearing fishnet stockings
or having a thong strap casually
peek out from beneath low-slung
tight jeans.

Virgo

Virgo women, who are ruled by the Earth
element combine function
with beauty. They are masters of mixing and
matching individual
pieces together to create a strong, attractive
personal statement.
They prefer well-tailored, conservative suits in
shades of silver,
white, pink, grey or lavender. As they are
perfectionists, they
never leave the house without a hair out of
place. Finicky Virgins
would also never be caught dead with a missing
button or a hole in
their stocking. Their brows are always perfectly
arched and their
nails perfectly manicured and polished in neutral
shades.

Scorpio

Scorpio females are ruled by the Water
element in which means that
when it comes to fashion, they are ruled
by their emotions. A
female Scorpio might dress head-to toe dress in
black to express
cynicism or in fire engine red to express victory.
Expensive
designer
labels such as Escada, Prada, Armani and Calvin Klein all
appeal
to these finicky individuals. As they are very sexual, they
also
like to dress provocatively, yet tastefully. Many of them
will add a
sexy touch to a conservative outfit, by unbuttoning a
blouse to
expose cleavage or donning sexy high-heels. They also
love the
sweeping drama of a velvet cape for formal occasions.

Sagittarius

Sagittarian
females are ruled by Fire which means that they dress
to look as
young as possible. Female Archers will stay away from
clothing that
is too ostentatious and status-conscious and pick
items that make
them feel sexy. They prefer loose clothing to
tightly tailored
outfits and are also fond of real and faux fur. At
the office the
female Archer is likely to be dressed a little more
eccentrically
than her colleagues in her favorite shades of brown,
dark blue red
and emerald green. As they are usually very busy,
they prefer a
sweater with a shirtdress or a pant suit that
features many pockets
so they have many places to stash their
"stuff".

Capricorn

In
traditional Western Astrology, female Capricorns are ruled by
the Earth
element. These astute are blessed them with natural good
taste and an
eye for quality and durability. They tend to purchase
timeless
individual pieces that they can mix and match together to
make a
strong, personal statement. They prefer well-tailored,
conservative
clothing in shades such as rose, grey, navy blue, sky
blue and camel.
They love gemstones, in all colors of the rainbow,
but would most
value a classic piece such as a diamond tennis
bracelet or a pendant
that sports their initials

Aquarius

Aquarian women are
graceful creatures who are ruled by the element
of Air in Western
Astrology. They tend to be imaginative, creative
nurturers that love
brilliant tones of purple, gold, sky-blue,
ruby-red and emerald
green. As they are ecologically minded they
also tend to avoid
clothing made by companies that are known to
exploit child labor.
They are fond of patterns, plaids and
pinstripes as well as unusual
fabrics such as herringbone, tweed,
seersucker and poplin. They have a
jaunty sense of style, and often
perk up an outfit by sporting a
beret, a bright hair band or a
large and funky piece of costume
jewelry.

Pisces

Pisces females are very feminine, delicate
creatures that are ruled
by the element of Water. When it comes to
fashion, they tend to
choose sensuous items that appeal to their
idealistic sense of
romance. They love the "girliness" of the pastel
colors and the
sexual allure of silk, velvet and satin fabrics.
This
sexy sign likes to dress in a way that is attractive as
possible to
the opposite sex. At the office they will often sport
higher hemlines
and lower cut blouses. They like sexy, retro-fortes
style suits with
cinched in waists and three quarter length
sleeves. For casual wear,
they prefer pirate shirts and blouses
boasting voluminous ruffles
and tight sweaters.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3154
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  Dinny on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:49 pm

So off! "Conservative" is the least likely word you'd use to describe my wardrobe, with half of the stuff being shiny, and half of the stuff being loud and bright patterns. Laughing
avatar
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat
Posts : 501
Points : 3382
Age : 25
Location : Dr. ARM's Laboratory

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  MKing on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:00 pm

Dinny wrote:So off! "Conservative" is the least likely word you'd use to describe my wardrobe, with half of the stuff being shiny, and half of the stuff being loud and bright patterns. Laughing

Try looking at your asc description, as well.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3154
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  Dinny on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:16 pm

MKing wrote:
Dinny wrote:So off! "Conservative" is the least likely word you'd use to describe my wardrobe, with half of the stuff being shiny, and half of the stuff being loud and bright patterns. Laughing

Try looking at your asc description, as well.

Pisces doesn't fit either.

The one that best describes my wardrobe is, funnily enough, Aquarius. Maybe even Gemini to a lesser extent.
avatar
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat
Posts : 501
Points : 3382
Age : 25
Location : Dr. ARM's Laboratory

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:28 pm

MKing wrote:I've always wondered about this topic.......

What sort of connection does fashion have with astrology? Is it our Asc, maybe Venus, or Neptune, even.

I came across this the other day..........

123
Astrology wrote:
Ever wondered how much your astrology sign has to do with your preferences
in fashion. In this edition of this newsletter we are
going to take a
look at how your Sun Sign might influence the taste
of male members
of the Zodiac.

Aries

Aries is a cardinal Fire sign When it
comes to they not afraid to
flash status symbols such as a Rolex watch
or expensive Egyptian
cotton shirts.. Some of them dress to
intimidate by outfitting
themselves in in blood red or midnight
black. This sexy sign loves
dashing, well-tailored clothes that boast
masculine shapes and gold
buttons as accents. Silk and velvet
appeal to their sense of
opulence. They also like to splurge on
expensive Italian shoes.

Taurus

These loving family oriented
individuals belong are ruled by the
Earth so they couldn't care less
about fashion. They are more
concerned with family projects and
saving money. The clothes they
buy to be inexpensive and easy-to care
for such as khakis, jeans,
and items made of polyester-cotton blend
fabrics.Taurus males tend
to dress casually for the office. They also
feel the most confident
unassuming colors such as taupe, brown, jade
or grey. They often
own many pairs of socks in the same color so
that they never have
to deal with a missing sock..

Gemini

These
sexy and intelligent men are ruled by Air, which means that
they
have an outfit for every occasion. They own everything from
hip-waders
to riding chaps to saffron colored robes just in case
they are
offered an unusual social invitation.Geminis have a keen
sense of
style, and prefer to dress up as the office "shark"
complete with power suit and diamond
encrusted expensive watch.
They usually wear ties in shimmering jewel
tones such as pink,
lavender, silver and gold. It is always the
Gemini wearing things
like a leopard skin cowboy boots, buckled
boots, faux lizard belts,
leopard print jackets and sharkskin suits.

Cancer

Cancer
males are ruled by water which means that they tend to hide
their
charms behind bland polyester-blend suits and loose fitting
khaki pants and T shirts.
At work, they prefer to be as unassuming
as possible, discarding the
power suit in favor of brown corduroy
jeans and a tweed jacket,
Crabs like to hang around in tracksuits
and sloppy t-shirts. These
sensual signs prefer loose clothing to
tight tailored items. Male
Cancers secretly adore uniforms,
leather jackets and pants, chaps, smoking jackets, top hats and
narrow
lapelled suits from the 50s and 60s.

Leo

The Leo male is
an enthusiastic, arrogant personality commonly
associated with the
Fire element. Male Leos are usually so good
looking that they tend to
look just as in a T-shirt and jeans as
they do in an expensive
suit.. Male Lions secretly lust after
designer clothing by Gucci Hugo Boss, Emmanual Ungaro, Armani and
Versace.
Although most of them prefer the simple dramatic effect
of a
tailored black suit paired with a crisp white cotton shirt,
they are
also attracted to two-tone fabrics such as sharkskin and
vinyl. For
more formal events, the Lion likes to dress up white tux
and red bow
tie.

Virgo

Sensible Virgo men, who are ruled by the Earth
element in are most
attracted to practical clothing. They prefer
well-tailored,
conservative suits in shades of grey, camel, navy blue
and brown.
These perfectionists never leave the house without a
well-stocked
briefcase and fully programmed computer organizer. They
would also
never be caught dead in a shirt with a missing button or a
suit
that hasn't been dry-cleaned and pressed. Theys sometimes tone
down
their tailored
suits with a sporty touch, such a two-toned leather
shoes or a
shirt in an ice-cream pastel.

Scorpio

Passionate Scorpio
males are ruled by the Water element in Western
Astrology, which means that when
it comes to fashion, they are
ruled by their emotions. A male
Scorpion might dress head-to toe
dress in sky blue to express his
creativity or confidence in a
project or all black to express his
intention to be a deadly
player at office politics.
However,
despite a tendency to be ruled by subtly shifting moods,
these
secretive control freaks also believe that they should always
appear
poised and authoritative to others. Scorpios are fond of the
colors of the
Devil: red and black. Many own stylish motorcycle
jackets, tight pants and long
coats made from the softest leathers.

Sagittarius

Playful
male Sagittarians are ruled by Fire in Western Astrology,
which means that they
consider fashion to be a way of helping them
maintain a youthful,
carefree and fun appearance. Male Archers will
avoid clothing styles
that are boast designer
labels and pick
versatile items that make them feel sex and,
confident. They prefer
loose clothing to tightly tailored outfits and
are the males at the
office who are mostly likely to show up at the
office with a shirt
untucked from the waistband. Archres are also
very eccentric and
love to collect vintage clothing, army surplus finds, mod
watches
from the sixties and shirts with Mandarin
collars. .

Capricorn

Male Capricorns are ruled by
the Earth element in traditional
Western astrology. They are blessed
them with natural good taste
and a keen eye for timeless pieces. They
tend to purchase quality,
durable items that they can mix and match
to make a strong,
personal statement. They prefer well-tailored,
conservative
clothing, in shades such as navy blue, sky blue, and
camel to more
casual looks. Although this ambitious Earth sign loves making
money,
they consider the flaunting of designer labels or a lot of
jewelry
to be tacky and indicative of the lower class. However they
love
antiques and history, so some will hang a traditional pocket
watch
from a belt or boast a rare antique coin ring on a finger.

Aquarius

Aquarian
males are confident, intellectual beings who are ruled by
Air.When
it comes to fashion, they tend to choose clothes make a
strong
personal statement about their individuality. They love silk
shirts
in brilliant colors such as purple, magenta sky-blue,
ruby-red and
emerald green. As they are ecologically minded they
also tend to
avoid clothing made by companies that are known to
exploit child
labor.
Aquarian men tend to dress slightly more casually than their
colleagues
do at work. They are fond of patterns, plaids and
pinstripes as well
as traditional fabrics such as herringbone,
tweed poplin and
seersucker..

Pisces

Pisces males are ruled by the element
of Water in traditional
Western Astrology. Although they are very
masculine they are very
sensitive, creative and in touch with their
intuition. When it
comes to fashion, they tend to choose clothing
that appeals to
their sensual side. They love plush fabrics such as
corduroy ad
velvet and prefer to wear silk or satin shirts in
shimmering shades
of dark purple, black, aqua, marine blue and foam
green.. These
ardent campers, fishermen and explorers often cram
their closets
with all kinds of all-weather gear as well as tennis,
golf and
equestrian wear. For formal events they prefer a startling
emerald
green suit or the classic look of tails and a tux.

I guess the next newsletter will address the females sense of style.
None of those fit me.
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3658
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fashion in Astrology

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum