Obsessions; Past and Present.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Obsessions; Past and Present.

Post  Monty on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:31 am

Who here has a particular obsession with anything now or has done in the past? How far into it did you get it?
Monty

Leo Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsessions; Past and Present.

Post  MKing on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:42 am

I have an obsession with tattoos. It not a serious obsession, where I am going to need help or anything, but it's still an obsession. I have no limit, If I see one I want....I get it. That's All.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:40 pm

I have an obsession with perfume. I have around 70 full bottles (a VERY small collection compared to some other perfume nuts). I am very very happy with my latest purchase.
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:42 pm

mi-cuit wrote:I have an obsession with perfume. I have around 70 full bottles (a VERY small collection compared to some other perfume nuts). I am very very happy with my latest purchase.
Maybe you really need them.
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:44 pm

hahaha. maybe.
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:02 pm

Hmmm, obsessions? I know this will annoy Dinny but I have a few collections. I'm a little obsessed with old VWs. I have owned approximately 60 in the last 24 years. I own two now. I have another one in the shop that I am building for a 56 yr old guy with one leg (ok, he has two but one is carbon fiber from the knee down). I also collect parts for them. It's not that I can't get rid of stuff because I do. But, I make a fair amount of play money buying and selling parts and cars.

I also collect VW How Wheels & Matchbox cars. I have a few other brands and sizes but mostly 1:64 scale. I sold off about 500 or so on ebay a few years back and I currently have about 5-600. These pics are from a while back when I had some of them in my wife's china cabinet. They are in boxes in storage now.
Spoiler:

But, my main VW obsession is probably my magazine collection. I currently have over 1200 issues plus about 300 duplicates. I sell & trade the duplicates. I have bought entire collections to get a couple issues. I have them dating back to the 1950s. I think I have about 22 different titles from around the world (USA, UK, France, Brazil, Japan, Australia, Germany, etc). I had them all cataloged on my computer and then my hard drive crashed and I didn't have a lot of file backed up. So, now I have to pay $600 to get the data retrieved. Anyway, all my magazines are bagged and some have backer boards. The are stored in a cool, dry, dark place. I do take them out frequently and read them. if any of you from outside the States wants to send me some magazines from your area let me know.

I was obsessed with a Capricorn for a few years but I finally let that go recently.

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:39 pm

@bugdust: Whoaaaaaaaaaaa! I'm in AWE. AMAZING.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arikus on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:49 pm

MKing wrote:I have an obsession with tattoos. It not a serious obsession, where I am going to need help or anything, but it's still an obsession. I have no limit, If I see one I want....I get it. That's All.

I'm going to get a tattoo!
How much do they normally cost?

(I'm going to get one that covers my shoulder down to my elbow. Roughly.)
(I've heard its about 75$ an hour)
Arikus

Title : Resourcerer
Aquarius Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:57 am

Arikus wrote:
MKing wrote:I have an obsession with tattoos. It not a serious obsession, where I am going to need help or anything, but it's still an obsession. I have no limit, If I see one I want....I get it. That's All.

I'm going to get a tattoo!
How much do they normally cost?

(I'm going to get one that covers my shoulder down to my elbow. Roughly.)
(I've heard its about 75$ an hour)

2 having/getting tattoos.

Well, it all depends really. I prefer to throw a tattoo party, because they are actually cheaper, then going to a shop. A lot of first timers rather go to a shop, which is understandable. I hate the shops, because they charge an arm, and a leg just for something simple like a small butterfly, or spider w/color. Ummm.....for something as huge as the one you want, it would cost near 300/350 dollars...done in a shop. I have a big ass Lion Head w/a crown on my right arm, and it cost me about 250. Are you getting something Tribal? I always wanted a tribal tattoo going down my right leg.

Here's a few pics (Astro tattoos) I took at my tattoo party recently.........

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arikus on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:03 am

No I personally think tribal tattoos don't look good.
And definitely not on me.

I'm going to get more of an old school tattoo. Eventually working my way up to a full sleeve.

Last edited by Arikus on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Arikus

Aquarius Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:16 am

That's Cool. So you are doing more of a free style tattoo? pieces here, and pieces there.

I think it would be a lot less cheaper if you broke each sections into small parts, some done this day, and a little bit done another day, instead of getting it done in one round. It's your first one....the process can be a bit overwhelming and quite tedious, for something of that size.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arikus on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:28 am

MKing wrote:That's Cool. So you are doing more of a free style tattoo? pieces here, and pieces there.

I think it would be a lot less cheaper if you broke each sections into small parts, some done this day, and a little bit done another day, instead of getting it done in one round. It's your first one....the process can be a bit overwhelming and quite tedious, for something of that size.

Yeah, I've been thinking about doing it in sections as well.
But I want it to be more or less coherent when its all done, not a bunch of random crap.

And, on the plus side. My arm is pretty small, I doubt it will take that long do do anything "big".
(maybe 2-3 hours?)
Arikus

Aquarius Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:50 am

bugdust wrote:I know this will annoy Dinny but I have a few collections.

Don't worry, I fixed it up for you. Also, you have good taste. I rather like VW stuff myself. I have a remote controlled VW minibus replica. Very Happy

Arikus wrote:And, on the plus side. My arm is pretty small, I doubt it will take that long do do anything "big".
(maybe 2-3 hours?)

Depends on the level of detail entirely. Tribal designs take less time than others. its the multicolored stuff with blending and gradients that takes a really long time.

I'll be getting my tattoo by the end of the year, I'm looking forward to it.

To actually address the question: I have a long-running obsession for collecting cute things: hairclips, stationery, plush dolls, accessories, etc from the Morning Glory franchise (a Korean stationery company). I actually have a list/track record from 2008 detailing everything I've ever bought from those stores, and the list is very extensive (over a hundred items).

I have an obsession with long-haired men, too. In any given TV series/cartoon/videogame, I'll always be in love with any long-haired, male character and I tend to get obsessed with them for a while after (a la Fujimoto from Ponyo), but the obsession evaporates back into normal fangirlism after I've downloaded enough pictures, movie clips and maybe even after I buy merchandise of the character. My favorite character, oddly, is also the one with the shortest hair: Near from Death Note.
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:23 am

Arikus wrote:
MKing wrote:That's Cool. So you are doing more of a free style tattoo? pieces here, and pieces there.

Yeah, I've been thinking about doing it in sections as well.
But I want it to be more or less coherent when its all done, not a bunch of random crap.

And, on the plus side. My arm is pretty small, I doubt it will take that long do do anything "big".
(maybe 2-3 hours?)

I agree, with the coherent thing. There is this one guy that I know who has a large freestyle tattoo on his chest, and I what I hate about it is how random everything appears.....from crosses, naked women, lizards, etc....It's just a bit all over the place, were else, my Aunt (Cap) has a beautiful collage of butterflies on her back, it's like a small garden of of butterflies...the shit is GORGEOUS, it's not completed, yet, she wants a few more butterflies.

Yep. I t won't take long at all for your arm. 3 hours? NO, in fact I wouldn't even say 2 hours. I have a pretty big arm, and mine's took about an hour and half. It will feel like forever, but that's only if you are getting something a bit graphic or extremely detailed.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top