Obsessions; Past and Present.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Obsessions; Past and Present.

Post  Monty on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:31 am

Who here has a particular obsession with anything now or has done in the past? How far into it did you get it?
avatar
Monty

Leo Monkey
Posts : 213
Points : 2889
Age : 24
Location : Chichester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsessions; Past and Present.

Post  MKing on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:42 am

I have an obsession with tattoos. It not a serious obsession, where I am going to need help or anything, but it's still an obsession. I have no limit, If I see one I want....I get it. That's All.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3124
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsessions; Past and Present.

Post  mi-cuit on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:40 pm

I have an obsession with perfume. I have around 70 full bottles (a VERY small collection compared to some other perfume nuts). I am very very happy with my latest purchase.
avatar
mi-cuit
Moderator

Cancer Cat
Posts : 172
Points : 2838
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsessions; Past and Present.

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:42 pm

mi-cuit wrote:I have an obsession with perfume. I have around 70 full bottles (a VERY small collection compared to some other perfume nuts). I am very very happy with my latest purchase.
Maybe you really need them.
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3628
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsessions; Past and Present.

Post  mi-cuit on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:44 pm

hahaha. maybe.
avatar
mi-cuit
Moderator

Cancer Cat
Posts : 172
Points : 2838
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsessions; Past and Present.

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:02 pm

Hmmm, obsessions? I know this will annoy Dinny but I have a few collections. I'm a little obsessed with old VWs. I have owned approximately 60 in the last 24 years. I own two now. I have another one in the shop that I am building for a 56 yr old guy with one leg (ok, he has two but one is carbon fiber from the knee down). I also collect parts for them. It's not that I can't get rid of stuff because I do. But, I make a fair amount of play money buying and selling parts and cars.

I also collect VW How Wheels & Matchbox cars. I have a few other brands and sizes but mostly 1:64 scale. I sold off about 500 or so on ebay a few years back and I currently have about 5-600. These pics are from a while back when I had some of them in my wife's china cabinet. They are in boxes in storage now.
Spoiler:













But, my main VW obsession is probably my magazine collection. I currently have over 1200 issues plus about 300 duplicates. I sell & trade the duplicates. I have bought entire collections to get a couple issues. I have them dating back to the 1950s. I think I have about 22 different titles from around the world (USA, UK, France, Brazil, Japan, Australia, Germany, etc). I had them all cataloged on my computer and then my hard drive crashed and I didn't have a lot of file backed up. So, now I have to pay $600 to get the data retrieved. Anyway, all my magazines are bagged and some have backer boards. The are stored in a cool, dry, dark place. I do take them out frequently and read them. if any of you from outside the States wants to send me some magazines from your area let me know.

I was obsessed with a Capricorn for a few years but I finally let that go recently.

Guest

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog
Posts : 106
Points : 2735
Age : 47
Location : a little SW of the map balloon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsessions; Past and Present.

Post  MKing on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:39 pm

@bugdust: Whoaaaaaaaaaaa! I'm in AWE. AMAZING.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3124
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsessions; Past and Present.

Post  Arikus on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:49 pm

MKing wrote:I have an obsession with tattoos. It not a serious obsession, where I am going to need help or anything, but it's still an obsession. I have no limit, If I see one I want....I get it. That's All.

I'm going to get a tattoo!
How much do they normally cost?

(I'm going to get one that covers my shoulder down to my elbow. Roughly.)
(I've heard its about 75$ an hour)
avatar
Arikus

Title : Resourcerer
Aquarius Horse
Posts : 58
Points : 2658
Age : 27
Location : Insanity Ward

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsessions; Past and Present.

Post  MKing on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:57 am

Arikus wrote:
MKing wrote:I have an obsession with tattoos. It not a serious obsession, where I am going to need help or anything, but it's still an obsession. I have no limit, If I see one I want....I get it. That's All.

I'm going to get a tattoo!
How much do they normally cost?

(I'm going to get one that covers my shoulder down to my elbow. Roughly.)
(I've heard its about 75$ an hour)

2 having/getting tattoos.

Well, it all depends really. I prefer to throw a tattoo party, because they are actually cheaper, then going to a shop. A lot of first timers rather go to a shop, which is understandable. I hate the shops, because they charge an arm, and a leg just for something simple like a small butterfly, or spider w/color. Ummm.....for something as huge as the one you want, it would cost near 300/350 dollars...done in a shop. I have a big ass Lion Head w/a crown on my right arm, and it cost me about 250. Are you getting something Tribal? I always wanted a tribal tattoo going down my right leg.

Here's a few pics (Astro tattoos) I took at my tattoo party recently.........

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3124
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsessions; Past and Present.

Post  Arikus on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:03 am

No I personally think tribal tattoos don't look good.
And definitely not on me.

I'm going to get more of an old school tattoo. Eventually working my way up to a full sleeve.


Last edited by Arikus on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Arikus

Title : Resourcerer
Aquarius Horse
Posts : 58
Points : 2658
Age : 27
Location : Insanity Ward

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsessions; Past and Present.

Post  MKing on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:16 am

That's Cool. So you are doing more of a free style tattoo? pieces here, and pieces there.

I think it would be a lot less cheaper if you broke each sections into small parts, some done this day, and a little bit done another day, instead of getting it done in one round. It's your first one....the process can be a bit overwhelming and quite tedious, for something of that size.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3124
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsessions; Past and Present.

Post  Arikus on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:28 am

MKing wrote:That's Cool. So you are doing more of a free style tattoo? pieces here, and pieces there.

I think it would be a lot less cheaper if you broke each sections into small parts, some done this day, and a little bit done another day, instead of getting it done in one round. It's your first one....the process can be a bit overwhelming and quite tedious, for something of that size.

Yeah, I've been thinking about doing it in sections as well.
But I want it to be more or less coherent when its all done, not a bunch of random crap.

And, on the plus side. My arm is pretty small, I doubt it will take that long do do anything "big".
(maybe 2-3 hours?)
avatar
Arikus

Title : Resourcerer
Aquarius Horse
Posts : 58
Points : 2658
Age : 27
Location : Insanity Ward

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsessions; Past and Present.

Post  Dinny on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:50 am

bugdust wrote:I know this will annoy Dinny but I have a few collections.

Don't worry, I fixed it up for you. Also, you have good taste. I rather like VW stuff myself. I have a remote controlled VW minibus replica. Very Happy

Arikus wrote:And, on the plus side. My arm is pretty small, I doubt it will take that long do do anything "big".
(maybe 2-3 hours?)

Depends on the level of detail entirely. Tribal designs take less time than others. its the multicolored stuff with blending and gradients that takes a really long time.

I'll be getting my tattoo by the end of the year, I'm looking forward to it.


To actually address the question: I have a long-running obsession for collecting cute things: hairclips, stationery, plush dolls, accessories, etc from the Morning Glory franchise (a Korean stationery company). I actually have a list/track record from 2008 detailing everything I've ever bought from those stores, and the list is very extensive (over a hundred items).

I have an obsession with long-haired men, too. In any given TV series/cartoon/videogame, I'll always be in love with any long-haired, male character and I tend to get obsessed with them for a while after (a la Fujimoto from Ponyo), but the obsession evaporates back into normal fangirlism after I've downloaded enough pictures, movie clips and maybe even after I buy merchandise of the character. My favorite character, oddly, is also the one with the shortest hair: Near from Death Note.
avatar
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat
Posts : 501
Points : 3352
Age : 25
Location : Dr. ARM's Laboratory

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsessions; Past and Present.

Post  MKing on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:23 am

Arikus wrote:
MKing wrote:That's Cool. So you are doing more of a free style tattoo? pieces here, and pieces there.

I think it would be a lot less cheaper if you broke each sections into small parts, some done this day, and a little bit done another day, instead of getting it done in one round. It's your first one....the process can be a bit overwhelming and quite tedious, for something of that size.

Yeah, I've been thinking about doing it in sections as well.
But I want it to be more or less coherent when its all done, not a bunch of random crap.

And, on the plus side. My arm is pretty small, I doubt it will take that long do do anything "big".
(maybe 2-3 hours?)

I agree, with the coherent thing. There is this one guy that I know who has a large freestyle tattoo on his chest, and I what I hate about it is how random everything appears.....from crosses, naked women, lizards, etc....It's just a bit all over the place, were else, my Aunt (Cap) has a beautiful collage of butterflies on her back, it's like a small garden of of butterflies...the shit is GORGEOUS, it's not completed, yet, she wants a few more butterflies.

Yep. I t won't take long at all for your arm. 3 hours? NO, in fact I wouldn't even say 2 hours. I have a pretty big arm, and mine's took about an hour and half. It will feel like forever, but that's only if you are getting something a bit graphic or extremely detailed.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3124
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obsessions; Past and Present.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum