Secondary Elements

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Secondary Elements

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:21 pm

arm had a thread about secondary elements for each sign. It was a good thread.

Aries - ?

Taurus - ?

Gemini - ?

Cancer - ?

Leo - ?

Virgo - ?

Libra - ?

Scorpio - Fire, easiest one. Both of its rulers are considered fire planets.

Sagittarius - ?

Capricorn - ?

Aquarius - ?

Pisces - ?
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3654
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  MKing on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:45 pm

Pisces - Air (probably)
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3150
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  Dr. ARM on Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:08 pm

If I'd seen this earlier, the thread could have been saved.
avatar
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse
Posts : 115
Points : 2790
Age : 26
Location : Aristocratic Regal Mansion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  Dinny on Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:49 pm

Virgo's secondary element is air.

Taurus' secondary element is water (yes, really).

Capricorn's secondary element is fire.

Scorpio's secondary element is fire (as you've said already).

Pisces' secondary element is air (as Mking has said).

Cancer's secondary element is earth.

I don't know about the air and fire signs, though. I only bothered to remember the above. Sweat
avatar
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat
Posts : 501
Points : 3378
Age : 25
Location : Dr. ARM's Laboratory

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  Dr. ARM on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:05 pm

I would say the rest goes as such:

Aries: Earth

Gemini: Water

Leo: Water

Libra: Earth

Sagittarius: Air

Aquarius: Fire
avatar
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse
Posts : 115
Points : 2790
Age : 26
Location : Aristocratic Regal Mansion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  MKing on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:19 pm

Dr. ARM wrote:I would say the rest goes as such:

Leo: Water

Sagittarius: Air


I agree completely with these two.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3150
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  Dinny on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:21 pm

MKing wrote:
Dr. ARM wrote:I would say the rest goes as such:

Leo: Water

Sagittarius: Air


I agree completely with these two.

I'm glad you do, because I was so unsure of it.
avatar
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat
Posts : 501
Points : 3378
Age : 25
Location : Dr. ARM's Laboratory

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:52 pm

Aries - ?

Taurus - Water, in Vedic AZZtrology they consider Venus a water planet.

Gemini - ?

Cancer - ?

Leo - ?

Virgo - Air, ruled by an air planet.

Libra - Water, same reason as the bull

Scorpio - Fire, easiest one. Both of its rulers are considered fire planets.

Sagittarius - ?

Capricorn - ?

Aquarius - ?

Pisces - ?

Still unsure of all the other kids.
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3654
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  MKing on Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:08 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Libra - Water, same reason as the bull

HELL NAW. NO way in the world....Libra/Water, and Leo/Earth.

Leo is by far, water.....100% sure.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3150
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:11 pm

MKing wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Libra - Water, same reason as the bull

HELL NAW. NO way in the world....Libra/Water, and Leo/Earth.

Leo is by far, water.....100% sure.
Leo being water doesn't take it away from Libra. Their natural elements aren't the same.
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3654
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  MKing on Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:19 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
MKing wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Libra - Water, same reason as the bull

HELL NAW. NO way in the world....Libra/Water, and Leo/Earth.

Leo is by far, water.....100% sure.
Leo being water doesn't take it away from Libra. Their natural elements aren't the same.

Oh yeah!
If Libra has water, than who has earth and fire.....Gemini? Aqua?

I think water goes with Gemini best. Hmm..........

This is too confusing, I'll just stick to what ARM said.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3150
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  Dinny on Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:51 pm

What ARM said is dead on.

I would accept challenges to Aries, Sag, Gem and Aqua, but everything else is pretty set.

Papi, just to clear up about Libra, Venus is the representation of Earth. Also, if you refer to some of the restored threads here about the role of Earth in astrology, we discovered that the planet Earth (Terra) was originally Libra's ruling planet.
avatar
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat
Posts : 501
Points : 3378
Age : 25
Location : Dr. ARM's Laboratory

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  MKing on Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:57 pm

Dinny wrote:What ARM said is dead on.

Yep, I am just going to stick to what he said because the more you play around with the signs, the more confusing it gets.

The only two that I disagree with, would be.......

Aries/Earth
Aquas/Fire

UGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! FUCK IT. MOVE ON.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3150
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:05 pm

Dinny wrote:What ARM said is dead on.

I would accept challenges to Aries, Sag, Gem and Aqua, but everything else is pretty set.

Papi, just to clear up about Libra, Venus is the representation of Earth. Also, if you refer to some of the restored threads here about the role of Earth in astrology, we discovered that the planet Earth (Terra) was originally Libra's ruling planet.
You said original. Why did they change it?
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3654
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  Dinny on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:08 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:What ARM said is dead on.

I would accept challenges to Aries, Sag, Gem and Aqua, but everything else is pretty set.

Papi, just to clear up about Libra, Venus is the representation of Earth. Also, if you refer to some of the restored threads here about the role of Earth in astrology, we discovered that the planet Earth (Terra) was originally Libra's ruling planet.
You said original. Why did they change it?

Point taken. And I'm not sure, I'll try to do some research and see what I find.
avatar
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat
Posts : 501
Points : 3378
Age : 25
Location : Dr. ARM's Laboratory

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  Dr. ARM on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:15 pm

At first I was tempted to make Aquarius an Earth secondary and Libra a Fire secondary.
avatar
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse
Posts : 115
Points : 2790
Age : 26
Location : Aristocratic Regal Mansion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  MKing on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:18 am

Dr. ARM wrote:At first I was tempted to make Aquarius an Earth secondary and Libra a Fire secondary.

Now that I think about it I couldn't see Libra/Fire, so you were right on the money with that decision. But what about Aries? do you still see Aries/Earth? I want to say Aries/Water, but Leo fits there better.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3150
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  mi-cuit on Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:23 am

I definitely think it's Libra/Water Gemini/Earth. Taurus/Water I would agree to only because I can't imagine Taurus being linked to Air or Fire, so it's Water by default.

I knew there was an argument to instate Earth as the ruler of Libra, but I did not know that it was its ruler at some previous point in time. Very interesting. I'd again like to point out that Libra ascendants (which is arguably the "position" of the Earth) work better than Libra Venuses.
avatar
mi-cuit
Moderator

Cancer Cat
Posts : 172
Points : 2864
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  Dr. ARM on Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:29 am

Ariens are stubborn and headstrong. Earth seems like a solid choice.

See what I did there?

Also...

If Libra's Water, then Gemini's Fire. That leaves Aquarius with Earth.
avatar
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse
Posts : 115
Points : 2790
Age : 26
Location : Aristocratic Regal Mansion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  lilith on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:55 am

I think I'd have to switch it to earth with Gemini and fire with Aquarius. I'm biased because of the people I know though. The Gems I know are so slow and stubborn. They know what they like and are hard to negotiate with and this is with a variety of moons. I can also see Ariens with earth, too.

I don't think that the elements have to be divided up equally. If you see four signs with earth and two with water for example, so be it. If you focus too much on perfect numbers, things will get too muddled up. Virgo is kind of a mystery anyway when it comes to ruling planets. They say they are earth, but Virgo and Capricorn have always seemed "air-y" to me and Capricorn is considered as an air sign in some systems. I might even go as far as to say every earth sign has air as its secondary element, but I'd have to think about Taurus for a while.
avatar
lilith

Cancer Cat
Posts : 289
Points : 2983
Age : 30
Location : Canada

View user profile http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:19 am

Dr. ARM wrote:Ariens are stubborn and headstrong. Earth seems like a solid choice.

See what I did there?

Also...

If Libra's Water, then Gemini's Fire. That leaves Aquarius with Earth.
They generally associate cardinals with fire, fixed with earth, and mutable with air. hmm
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3654
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  Dinny on Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:00 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dr. ARM wrote:Ariens are stubborn and headstrong. Earth seems like a solid choice.

See what I did there?

Also...

If Libra's Water, then Gemini's Fire. That leaves Aquarius with Earth.
They generally associate cardinals with fire, fixed with earth, and mutable with air. hmm

Bing! Correct. There are exceptions, but you're right. Mutable seems like it could be air or water, though. But cardinals/fire and fixed/earth are virtually inarguable.
avatar
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat
Posts : 501
Points : 3378
Age : 25
Location : Dr. ARM's Laboratory

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  MKing on Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:06 pm

Aries with earth, really? I just don't see it, at all. Yes, they are stubborn and headstrong, but so are Leos. The reason why I would pick Aries as water is because there attitudes and emotions changes constantly....like the movement of water. Also, there not as patience and slow pace moving as earth traits.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3150
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:47 pm

Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dr. ARM wrote:Ariens are stubborn and headstrong. Earth seems like a solid choice.

See what I did there?

Also...

If Libra's Water, then Gemini's Fire. That leaves Aquarius with Earth.
They generally associate cardinals with fire, fixed with earth, and mutable with air. hmm

Bing!
Correct. There are exceptions, but you're right. Mutable seems like it
could be air or water, though. But cardinals/fire and fixed/earth are
virtually inarguable.
The first three signs are the greatest at
expressing what that element and quality is about.

Aries - The most fiery and pioneering.
Taurus - The most stubborn sign in the entire wheel.
Gemini - No explanation needed.

We can make a case for Cancer being the most watery one, too.

MKing wrote:Aries with earth, really? I just don't see it, at all. Yes, they are stubborn and headstrong, but so are Leos. The reason why I would pick Aries as water is because there attitudes and emotions changes constantly....like the movement of water. Also, there not as patience and slow pace moving as earth traits.
Aries and sagis are a mess. Good luck sorting them out.
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3654
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  Dr. ARM on Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:49 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:They generally associate cardinals with fire, fixed with earth, and mutable with air. hmm

On the old forum, I organized secondary elements by focusing on those qualities.

If you do that, you'll wind up dumping Earth on Scorpio and Fire on Cancer.

Are you okay with that?

On a further note, this method turns Aries into an Air secondary.

MKing wrote:Aries with earth, really? I just don't see it, at all. Yes, they are stubborn and headstrong, but so are Leos. The reason why I would pick Aries as water is because there attitudes and emotions changes constantly....like the movement of water. Also, there not as patience and slow pace moving as earth traits.

Do you propose we make them both Water secondaries?
avatar
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse
Posts : 115
Points : 2790
Age : 26
Location : Aristocratic Regal Mansion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Elements

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum