How do you value people?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do you value people?

Post  Dinny on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:32 am

I'm feeling really pessimistic at the moment, but with Papi around, I've made it my goal not to be too obvious about my horrible insecurities more than I already have, so let's move on to the topic: How do you value people?

I value people by...

Their career and how much they earn. Rarely do people ever just land high-paying jobs, prestigious positions or bucketloads of mula. People like this often worked hard, pulled some excellent maneuvers and played all of their cards right. I do not have respect for people simply born into wealth, though.

Their philanthropy. Of any and all kinds. I don't give a crap how nice of a person you are, if you aren't sharing it with society as best as you can (assuming you actually have the means to do so of course), it's a waste of a gift. I must admit to not having done charity work for over a year, though. But I will get back onto it soonish. Philanthropy extends to donating money/time for causes, or promoting awareness about said causes.

Their appearance. And I don't mean how attractive they are or whether they wear designer labels, but I think people should take pride in their appearance to the best of their ability: that means wearing clothes that are clean and at least mildly presentable. This also means posture. I think posture is the single best indicator of self-confidence.
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you value people?

Post  Monty on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:49 am

I value people by...

Honesty/Enthusiasm I value this quite highly. I have a pet peeve about people who lie to me saying they can't be bothered to do something that's perfectly capable, when people do this to me, it makes me nothing short of furious. I very much like people who are willing follow through with even their slightest of ideas, that's an awesome trait to have. However, I certainly do not like it when people are half-hearted and half-assed about the way they approach stuff.

Loyalty I personally hate people who I cannot trust further than I can throw them. Not only does it make me feel uncomfortable but it's a bad omen to me. If I'm loyal to someone at least expect it back, I'm incredibly harsh to anyone who betrays or mocks my trust. If you have my loyalty, I'm the type who would not hesitate on taking a bullet for you any day of the week.

Extroversion Though I can understand people being shy and introverted, I very much so adore people who are extroverted. What you see is what you get, I feel secure around these types. This doesn't mean I like it when people are obnoxious and in my face but I appreciate the same types who have the same spice for life like I do.

Ego/Drive Yes, I appreciate a good size ego, just as long as it isn't unfounded. You can have an ego the size of Saturn as long as it's not built on utter nonsense otherwise it'll frustrate the hell out of me and might provide me some comedy at their expense. I personally appreciate this trait because I might have something in common with them, not for the wrong reasons. I'm a very driven person and I like to see people who have the same drives, like I said above. I can't stand unmotivated types.

Comedy I love a good laugh! Pretty simple. I don't mind serious types but if you can make me laugh then it's a start. Smile

Appearance doesn't take such a high stake to me, I've been proved wrong before. What one wears doesn't truly represent how they are, might a superficial synopsis but it doesn't account for their ability. I'm very much a person of intent, if you have that, it's good. Getting the result is a bonus.

Last edited by Monty on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Monty

Leo Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:26 am

I like this thread. I feel like we should be sitting in a circle, holding each other hands, or something .......

I value people by.......

dinny wrote:Their appearance. And I don't mean how attractive they
are or whether they wear designer labels, but I think people should take
pride in their appearance to the best of their ability: that means
wearing clothes that are clean and at least mildly presentable.
This also means posture. I think posture is the single best indicator of
self-confidence.

Appearance: I would also like to agree with this whole statement. Superficial, or not, you have to be CLEAN, or at lease appear clean looking (It's not really that hard, people). Matter of a fact, I could care less how you dress, as long as you take good care of your hygiene (especially females) then that's a major plus in my book.

Loyalty: People who know me, personally, know that I would have your back to the bitter end, so it's only natural for me to want the same in return.

Authenticity: If you are not real, then keep it moving. PERIOD.

Seriousness: I am all for goofing off, or what not, but there has to be a time when I NEED to know if you are capable of holding a serious discussion. I have baggage, just like everybody else, and I want/need to know if you can take on important issues, as serious as I can.

That's All.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:37 am

Reading your response was super interesting, Josh. It doesn't surprise me that you're a loyal person and that you value that in others.

Seriousness: I am all for goofing off, or what not, but there has to be a time when I NEED to know if you are capable of holding a serious discussion. I have baggage, just like everybody else, and I want/need to know if you can take on important issues, as serious as I can.

Why didn't I bring this up? You're totally right. I feel the same way absolutely. There are just times that have to be srs business and I can't stand people who don't have a sense/balance of when to be silly, and when to be serious.
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:05 am

I honestly expected the 'Serious' thing to be normal anyway? Well, +1 for that anyway. It's caused problems in my College band were people have done nothing for the entire rehearsal session but fuck around. I've lost my temper on a couple of occasions because they sometimes feel it's funny to halt any progress. I apologize to the music stands. </3
Monty

Leo Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:02 pm

Intriguing thread, Dinny. Smile I value people by their...

Honesty. I've been lied to too many times by people I thought I could trust with my life only to find out that I couldn't. At the same time, I like people who can apologize when they realize they were wrong. It doesn't matter how much time has passed, just as long as you apologize.

Integrity. I'm the sort of person that, if I find $1 on the bus, I'll turn it over to the bus driver. (I do it because I know people who live on a fixed income, & $1 makes a world of difference to them. I'd feel too guilty keeping it, so I give it to someone that's able to find the person that lost it.) I don't hold others to the same standard I hold for myself, but I do expect a relatively reasonable degree of integrity in the people I surround myself with.

Respect. This is a HUGE one for me. If you can't respect me or anyone else around you, not to mention respecting YOURSELF, move on. I don't like when people are themselves behind closed doors, but once they're in public, they turn into someone I don't recognize.

Trust. I've also been betrayed by someone close to me. If I can't trust you, goodbye.

Laughter. I love when people make me laugh. I like you instantly when you do. (Of course, you guys should see me most days when I'm on here. It's a pity we can't actually see each other, because I'm the sort that'll crack up at the tiniest thing. )

I like it when people make me think, or look at something in a different way. If we get into friendly debates, I love that too, because I love to argue. It's fun! Very Happy

StarFireSong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:41 pm

Tough one.

Honesty, of course.

Open-mindedness of all types of careers and studies (this isn't a response to dinny's). In school I've heard here and there ignorant views on how "useless" art is and sometimes you'll get parents trying to convince their kids not to get an English degree because there's no guaranteed job out of it.

I don't usually see this one, but an ability to throw out material possessions. I think collections are kind of cute, whether they are comic books, coins, whatever. Ones who like to hoard "things" and are particular about them... I find it self-absorbed and unaware.

An appreciation for and likeness of the outdoors.

An ability to listen more than to speak. You really know it when you meet a good listener.
lilith

Cancer Cat

View user profile http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:30 pm

Dinny wrote:I'm feeling really pessimistic at the moment, but with
Papi around, I've made it my goal not to be too obvious about my
horrible insecurities more than I already
have

Monty wrote:Comedy
I love a good laugh! Pretty simple. I don't mind serious types but if
you can make me laugh then it's a start. Smile
I don't like people who tell corny jokes to try to
win you over, but my favorite type of humor is shit talking and clowning
on others.

Monty wrote:Appearance doesn't take such a high
stake to me, I've been proved
wrong before. What one wears doesn't truly represent how they are, might
a superficial synopsis but it doesn't account for their ability. I'm
very much a person of intent, if you have that, it's good. Getting the
result is a bonus.
Appearance Girls that are 5 ft 5 - 5 ft
7 and don't weigh moar than I do, 135 pounds. 120 is the cap.
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:11 pm

^^^ Nice picture. Razz
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:14 pm

Dinny wrote:^^^ Nice picture. Razz
That's THE unamused face. What happen to you?
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:16 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:

If that's your unamused face, then my mental image of you is usually with an unamused face.

Hurr.
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:23 pm

Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

If that's your unamused face, then my mental image of you is usually with an unamused face.

Hurr.
Sure, and you're a powerpuff girl to me:
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Laughing !
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. ARM on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:20 pm

That's the face I'm familiar with.
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:29 pm

Dr. ARM wrote:That's the face I'm familiar with.
My mental image isn't off. I feel bad for you.
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:31 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:

It's slightly off. I feel more like a Blossom than I do a Buttercup, but overall, you're still right.
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. ARM on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:33 pm

Dinny certainly is a blossom.
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:50 pm

lilith wrote:I don't usually see this one, but an ability to throw out material possessions. I think collections are kind of cute, whether they are comic books, coins, whatever. Ones who like to hoard "things" and are particular about them... I find it self-absorbed and unaware.

An appreciation for and likeness of the outdoors.

An ability to listen more than to speak. You really know it when you meet a good listener.

Yes, yes, & yes.

StarFireSong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:32 pm

Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

It's slightly off. I feel more like a Blossom than I do a Buttercup, but overall, you're still right.

Why Blossom?

Buttercup is by far the most baddass one, and NO comment about bubbles.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:56 pm

MKing wrote:
Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

Why Blossom?

She wants to be the alpha female. The star of the show. You know those girls that try to be controlling and extremely dominant?
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:16 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
MKing wrote:
Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

Why Blossom?

She wants to be the alpha female. The star of the show. You know those girls that try to be controlling and extremely dominant?

Oh dinny! Always running the show.
I honestly wouldn't be surprise if Blossom was actually a Virgo.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:37 pm

MKing wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
MKing wrote:
Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

Why Blossom?

Razz I like the idea of being an alpha female, but my affinity to Blossom is because she's supposed to be the "Smart" one. She's the most intelligent out of the three, she speaks eloquently, and she's always seen reading books.

Buttercup is cool because of her abrasive personality and generally being badass, but I'm not a badass, unfortunately. I too will reserve my comments on Bubbles. Rolling Eyes
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:04 am

Dinny wrote:
MKing wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
MKing wrote:
Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

Why Blossom?

Razz I like the idea of being an alpha female, but my affinity to Blossom is because she's supposed to be the "Smart" one. She's the most intelligent out of the three, she speaks eloquently, and she's always seen reading books.

Buttercup is cool because of her abrasive personality and generally being badass, but I'm not a badass, unfortunately. I too will reserve my comments on Bubbles. Rolling Eyes
See what I mean? She can't even help it. Everything has to go her way. She has that alpha female personality ontop of being a virgo.

arm = bubbles
mking = buttercup
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:24 am

I've always wondered what bubbles is on...
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:05 am

mi-cuit wrote:I've always wondered what bubbles is on...
I don't EVEN know, but whatever she's on, must be some incredible shit. And I am almost certain that she gets her "supplies" from The Mayor.

@Leon:
son, you play too much.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top