Josh is right. :3 And I like my Virgo moon. Wink
lilith

Cancer Cat

View user profile http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions to Forum Members

Post  lilith on Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:28 pm

WHAT IS EVERYONE DOING.

I'm currently in the middle of midterms, so I'm going from completely bonkers to completely satisfied to feeling like a failure every now and then. My mindset around midterms strongly resembles the stability of Josh's love life.

I just had my biology midterm, and I can't believe I forgot the name of the vagina-algae:
http://www.uab.edu/researchintegrityandimages/images/questionable_practices/diatom%202%20resizing%20%28after%29.jpg
DIATOMS. I knew it as soon as I walked out the door, too.

So, what's everyone doing?
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:28 pm

lilith wrote:WHAT IS EVERYONE DOING.

I'm currently in the middle of midterms, so I'm going from completely bonkers to completely satisfied to feeling like a failure every now and then. My mindset around midterms strongly resembles the stability of Josh's love life.

I just had my biology midterm, and I can't believe I forgot the name of the vagina-algae:
http://www.uab.edu/researchintegrityandimages/images/questionable_practices/diatom%202%20resizing%20%28after%29.jpg

OMFG LOLOLOLOL UR SO FUNNY

Seriously, I hate you.
Monty

Leo Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. ARM on Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:56 pm

Looks like you struck a chord with Josh there, Clare.

Get it? Josh plays the guitar and guitars have chords!

Can I be funny, too, now?
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:34 am

*Cracking up.*

I love the "Vagina-algae". The particular image you chose there is actually really pretty too, I love the electric blue scheme it's got going on. Even if it is probably just a dye. Razz

I'm about to fix some things on the forum and post an update, along with new threads and replies I've been meaning to make for half a month now. Just an FYI for anyone reading this, because there will be a sudden surge of new content by the end of the day.

ˎ͓͜٨͓ˏ Darden Evageline.: As you said before, 'girls become bored'.

Dr. ARM: Not of me. <3

Dr. ARM has been kicked by Kira Ayase.
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty on Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:57 am

When I find a piano to drop on Clare, she'll soon be A flat Minor. *BADUNPSH*

On a serious note, I've come on in leaps and bounds. I'm about to do my Pro Tools 101 and 110 exam soon so hopefully, I should have that to add my qualifications. More music stuff is going well despite the funding for the course I was doing was dropped, I ended up getting switched and now I'm depping for about 3 different bands on guitar and bass. Smile

Lov.... Now, now. Let's not, I'd agree with Clare on it. It's about as stable as her mood swings. :3
Monty

Leo Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong on Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:30 pm

lilith wrote:WHAT IS EVERYONE DOING.

LOL! I've done the same thing before...except it was a high school final & I forgot a state. (My teacher was really big on making us memorize the location of each state on the map.) I've had the states & their capitals memorized since 5th grade, & that day I completely choked with Colorado. It wasn't until I got home that I FINALLY got the name to materialize in my brain, & then I gave myself a major mental slap. Laughing

There's nothing like midterms & finals to make you feel like a complete moron.

Dinny, I was thinking the same thing: that it was really pretty. Smile

I've been helping my dad's girlfriend organize his surprise 50th birthday party next month, & calling a variety of people to get my grandma's name off their mailing list. (STILL.)

StarFireSong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:58 pm

^ Clearly you are a good grand-daughter. Laughing

Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:29 am

Dinny wrote:^ Clearly you are a good grand-daughter. Laughing

Laughing I'm doing it because my grandma asked me to. (& I'm more than happy to do so since she's letting me live with her. Very Happy)

StarFireSong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Quick Question for Xbox 360 owners

Do you guys use HDMI or the component cords?

MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:32 pm

Does anyone here own a Ipad or Tab? If so, is it worth the money? I am going to buy my mother one (16G), and I don't really know that much about these kinda things.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:24 pm

MKing wrote:Does anyone here own a Ipad or Tab? If so, is it worth the money? I am going to buy my mother one (16G), and I don't really know that much about these kinda things.

Mac products are never worth the money. And if you really wanted it, you should really wait a bit until the price drops. Mac products are priced ludicrously more than they're actually worth (how much they cost to produce). And I mean more than other brands as well.

Speaking of stuff like that, for some reason some people I know/friends are laughing their asses of at me because I don't own a smart phone and I don't use mobile Facebook. Honestly guys, I don't give two craps about my cell phone. I want to punch those people who walk around in the streets and sit on buses etc just buried in their shitty phones instead of talking to their friends right next to them or paying attention to the surroundings. And people who neurotically check their phone every five minutes even though they should feel a vibration if they get a message. Seriously, go die in a gutter.

What really shits me is people who do that shit during dinners and stuff.

Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith on Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:22 pm

Dinny wrote:
MKing wrote:Does anyone here own a Ipad or Tab? If so, is it worth the money? I am going to buy my mother one (16G), and I don't really know that much about these kinda things.

Mac products are never worth the money. And if you really wanted it, you should really wait a bit until the price drops. Mac products are priced ludicrously more than they're actually worth (how much they cost to produce). And I mean more than other brands as well.

Speaking of stuff like that, for some reason some people I know/friends are laughing their asses of at me because I don't own a smart phone and I don't use mobile Facebook. Honestly guys, I don't give two craps about my cell phone. I want to punch those people who walk around in the streets and sit on buses etc just buried in their shitty phones instead of talking to their friends right next to them or paying attention to the surroundings. And people who neurotically check their phone every five minutes even though they should feel a vibration if they get a message. Seriously, go die in a gutter.

Ahh, I'm really with you on this one. I find it so rude when people check their phones during a date. Sometimes I'll be with my boyfriend and he'll check his phone at a bar or something, but it's because we try to get crowds going.
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:21 pm

lilith wrote:
Dinny wrote:

Ahh, I'm really with you on this one. I find it so rude when people check their phones during a date. Sometimes I'll be with my boyfriend and he'll check his phone at a bar or something, but it's because we try to get crowds going.

LOL
But nothing is more annoying than people who does it in the movie theater Shaking Head

I agree, Dinny about it being a bit too pricey, but because it's a gift for my mom that not my main concern, nothing is to pricey (when I have the money) when it comes to my mom (Momma's Boy lol). I just don't want her to be disappointed in this product because of all the hype surrounding it. I don't know anyone with a Ipad or Tab, so purchasing one would be like a blind buy. I didn't know Mac products were terrible, Thanks for the heads up. Now, I just need to figure out a plan B gift, she's really into gadgets, smartphone, Ipod touch (already have one), you know, those type of things. I WOULD NEVER EVER BUY HER CLOTHES OR SHOES, she hates when people buy her clothes or shoes.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:13 pm

MKing wrote:
lilith wrote:
Dinny wrote:

LOL
But nothing is more annoying than people who does it in the movie theater Shaking Head

I agree, Dinny about it being a bit too pricey, but because it's a gift for my mom that not my main concern, nothing is to pricey (when I have the money) when it comes to my mom (Momma's Boy lol). I just don't want her to be disappointed in this product because of all the hype surrounding it. I don't know anyone with a Ipad or Tab, so purchasing one would be like a blind buy. I didn't know Mac products were terrible, Thanks for the heads up. Now, I just need to figure out a plan B gift, she's really into gadgets, smartphone, Ipod touch (already have one), you know, those type of things. I WOULD NEVER EVER BUY HER CLOTHES OR SHOES, she hates when people buy her clothes or shoes.
She knows wsup. When you're pretty, you can make almost anything work. There's lots of choices, so you have to be picky.
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith on Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:47 pm

It's not just that, but when something doesn't fit, what a pain it can be for everyone, especially with expiration dates for returning things.
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:13 pm

lilith wrote:It's not just that, but when something doesn't fit, what a pain it can be for everyone, especially with expiration dates for returning things.
Everything I wear is purchased off the internet. If you go to the right places, they'll even do free shipping. YOu don't have to pay taxes either unless you're buying from an instate store!
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith on Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:59 am

Isn't it easier to clothes-shop for men than women though? If you get a certain waist-length size for a man, it'll fine, end-of-story. But women's jeans... what a nightmare. A 2 in one brand might be like a 6 in another.
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:16 pm

lilith wrote:Isn't it easier to clothes-shop for men than women though? If you get a certain waist-length size for a man, it'll fine, end-of-story. But women's jeans... what a nightmare. A 2 in one brand might be like a 6 in another.
That's why you gotta know your brands. I get the measurements on the stuff I want to buy. Leon will give it to you raw and uncut.
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:25 am

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
lilith wrote:Isn't it easier to clothes-shop for men than women though? If you get a certain waist-length size for a man, it'll fine, end-of-story. But women's jeans... what a nightmare. A 2 in one brand might be like a 6 in another.
That's why you gotta know your brands. I get the measurements on the stuff I want to buy. Leon will give it to you raw and uncut.

Yeah, I know pretty much about... Gap if we're talking about jeans. I really don't go shopping often. They make their jeans "stretch", so I go in and get a size 4 and it's perfect. After the end of the day it feels like I should've gotten a 2, which is frustrating. I dislike shopping because I have to go through so many slutty clothes and grandma clothes by the time I find something that's flattering, classy, isn't shaped like a box and interesting-looking all at the same time. Dept. store clothing can be made so cheaply now being mass-produced and all.

Plus, I think it's a bit easier for men to take measurements and feel okay going by just that. Women's clothing can looks weird on boobs, or fit too weirdly between waist and hips, etc. Some women have love handles, and there's no size measurement for that, etc.
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:35 am

lilith wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

Yeah, I know pretty much about... Gap if we're talking about jeans. I really don't go shopping often. They make their jeans "stretch", so I go in and get a size 4 and it's perfect. After the end of the day it feels like I should've gotten a 2, which is frustrating. I dislike shopping because I have to go through so many slutty clothes and grandma clothes by the time I find something that's flattering, classy, isn't shaped like a box and interesting-looking all at the same time. Dept. store clothing can be made so cheaply now being mass-produced and all.

Plus, I think it's a bit easier for men to take measurements and feel okay going by just that. Women's clothing can looks weird on boobs, or fit too weirdly between waist and hips, etc. Some women have love handles, and there's no size measurement for that, etc.
Have you ever tried sizing down to account for the stretching?

Believe it or not, I like girls that dressed plainly and casually. There's just something about the super fashion bitches that I don't like. I hate the word fashionista with a passion. It's too much for me when bitches try to look all fancy.

Bitches in peacoats and dufflecoats are killers. Those garments originated from the working men and military, which suggests masculinity, so the silhouette looks awful on females. The thick fabric, boxy shape, and strong shoulders are suited for men.
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:49 am

Well, went down a pant size (for now), plus didn't know they were stretch until after I bought them! Bummer.

Had a big post here, but decided just to get rid of it.
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:10 pm

lilith wrote:Well, went down a pant size (for now), plus didn't know they were stretch until after I bought them! Bummer.

Had a big post here, but decided just to get rid of it.
Maybe you just have a big AZZ like a black girl.
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:08 pm

I'm fortunate to be able to get clothes off the rack that generally fit me pretty good. I'd say guys in general don't care as much about clothing but the more I think about it...yes, it is true. I'm a bit picky myself but I can usually tell what will look good on me and what won't. When I'm 195lbs anything looks great on me. If I get bigger, shirts start to look funny because I'm fat. If I get smaller, an XL shirt gets all ruffled if tucked in or hangs funny if not tucked in. I have wide shoulders and a large chest so that can be difficult.

I dress very casual all the time. I rarely dress up. At work it is Levi's 501 blue jeans and a polo shirt pretty much every day. At home it can be jeans or a variety of different shorts (jean, board, cargo, etc) with a polo shirt, a t-shirt, a henley or whatever. I'm not big on tank-tops although I did go through a wife-beater stage years ago...lol. I have a variety of boxers but most are plaid. No cute cartoons or whatever for me. Socks are typically plain white ankle socks for work (comfort over style) and going out could be something more casual. I have quite a few pairs of argyle socks as well. I used to wear them with vans and shorts when I was younger. Stylish? Didn't care. I do have a bit of a shoe fetish. I'm not sure how many I have but I'd guess about 20 pairs. My favorite sneakers are New Balance. I have a clean white pair I wear out to run errands and a black pair for around the yard and an old black pair for cutting the grass, weed-eating, etc. I have a pair of Asics running shoes. My favorite work shoes are a pair of black leather Timberland oxfords. They are about wore out though and I have been unable to find another pair. I've been to their website, other sites and multiple stores. Dress shoes...I have quite a few pairs but I wear the black nunn-bush square toes more than any others. I have a few pairs of oxfords (gloss black, matte black, brown, etc), some Sperry top-siders that I haven't worn in forever and a few others that I rarely wear. If I'm going out to dinner (casual) I wear a pair of brown distressed leather Streetcars, a pair of 501s (hate that they're not made in USA now) and a button-up shirt with a t-shirt under it usually.

I also like nice watches. Note than when I say nice I mean average dept. store nice, not billionaire boys club nice. I don't own any expensive watches yet but maybe one day. I've been thinking about a Tag Hauer but can't justify it. I wear a Bulova or a Seiko kinetic most days. I also have a Citizen but it's a little too dressy for me. It was a gift. I do not like the current super-big rap-star watches.

I wear glasses now so I have 3 different pairs. I wear brown half-rimmed ones most days.

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:32 pm

Speaking of forgetting things.

@Dinny: What is your moon and asc sign, again?

@Star: Same question. I can't remember yours, either, I know Virgo is somewhere in there.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top