The Whatever Thread

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  Dinny on Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:00 am

mi-cuit wrote:Do any of those have a reasonably friendly learning curve?

I'm not really sure. My ex did Judo and was a beginner with Wing Chun (codeword for awesome). Judo is however useless in a real life scenario.

Ask Dr. ARM about Tae Kwon Do, since he's a black belt.
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:16 am

Dinny wrote:

I'm not really sure. My ex did Judo and was a beginner with Wing Chun (codeword for awesome). Judo is however useless in a real life scenario.

You're fucked up. Very Happy
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:43 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:

Is it? My dad who was almost a black belt in Tae Kwon Do (also did kickboxing, and various other MMA) called Judo "martial arts for pussies". Laughing
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:41 am

Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:

Is it? My dad who was almost a black belt in Tae Kwon Do (also did kickboxing, and various other MMA) called Judo "martial arts for pussies". Laughing
How long would we go before you cry if we slapped box? Very Happy

I heard they LOVE Kostya Tsyzu down there.

Anyways, this is for munk. You're just looking to burn some energy and relieve stress? Look for a place that has a punching bag and other people training. Punching bags are very relaxing to hit. It should feel as nice as a massage. After you train for a few months, they'll even let you spar (hit) people training with you to practice what you learned. Don't be surprised if the place doesn't look nice. The first gym I ever visited had blood, which people spat out from sparring, all over the restroom sink. Lots of fitness gyms hang punching bags, so that's always an option if the "traditional" way doesn't make you feel comfortable, is nowhere to be found, or too expensive.
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:27 pm

PYR books didn't want Xenoearth apparently...

Normally, something like this might go into the negativity thread, but that's just the nature of the buisness. I just need to find a publisher that has similer tastes as my own.
Argent Fang

Title : Fledgling Author/Bounty Hunter
Gemini Dog

View user profile http://www.argentfangs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:50 pm

Argent Fang wrote:PYR books didn't want Xenoearth apparently...

Normally, something like this might go into the negativity thread, but that's just the nature of the buisness. I just need to find a publisher that has similer tastes as my own.

Better luck next time, ArgentFang. If you need a Beta Reader/Editor, I've been semi-professionally editing short stories and novellas for the past year. I've kind of retired it now because it got to the point where too many people were contacting me and I just didn't have the time, but I'll make an exception for you if you need it. Very Happy

ˎ͓͜٨͓ˏ Darden Evageline.: As you said before, 'girls become bored'.

Dr. ARM: Not of me. <3

Dr. ARM has been kicked by Kira Ayase.
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:07 pm

Dinny wrote:

Better luck next time, ArgentFang. If you need a Beta Reader/Editor, I've been semi-professionally editing short stories and novellas for the past year. I've kind of retired it now because it got to the point where too many people were contacting me and I just didn't have the time, but I'll make an exception for you if you need it. Very Happy

You can if you want. I'm never opposed to having mutiple perspectives on my work and you do seem to be a good person for noticing details, a must for any sort of editor. I'll e-mail it to you if you want.
Argent Fang

Gemini Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:55 pm

Argent Fang wrote:
Dinny wrote:

You can if you want. I'm never opposed to having mutiple perspectives on my work and you do seem to be a good person for noticing details, a must for any sort of editor. I'll e-mail it to you if you want.

Yeah, please do. I'd love to get my hands into something like that. Send whatever you want (a chapter, several, outlines, an entire novel: whatever) to dinny@lavabit.com when you feel like it. Wink

Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang on Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:42 am

I sent the full thing your way. I hope that you'll like it.
Argent Fang

Gemini Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:01 am

Argent Fang wrote:I sent the full thing your way. I hope that you'll like it.

Got it, and I'm admittedly excited. Bitch is long: that's some dedication right there!

I'll do it chapter by chapter so I can really stick my hands into it. Are you OK with me actually altering the manuscript? Basically, give me a yes/no for me to go ahead and do the following corrections (people usually answer "yes" to all but the last):

Syntax/Grammar?: Yes/No
Synonyms?: Yes/No (Some people use overly repetitious language, I will substitute them with suitable synonyms)
Sentence rearrangement?: Yes/No (If you tend to start most sentences with "The" or "Then" or "He", say yes to this)
Embellishments?: Yes/No (This is a bit more elaborate, but basically, I put in flowery or emotive language in some areas where I feel like it would need a bit more (no more than one or two words), and I will generally base my decisions off the tone you're attempting to portray throughout the piece)
Additions?: Yes/No (I will actually add whole sentences to areas if necessary.)

Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang on Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:25 pm

Dinny wrote:
Argent Fang wrote:I sent the full thing your way. I hope that you'll like it.

Got it, and I'm admittedly excited. Bitch is long: that's some dedication right there!

I'll do it chapter by chapter so I can really stick my hands into it. Are you OK with me actually altering the manuscript? Basically, give me a yes/no for me to go ahead and do the following corrections (people usually answer "yes" to all but the last):

Syntax/Grammar?: Yes/No
Synonyms?: Yes/No (Some people use overly repetitious language, I will substitute them with suitable synonyms)
Sentence rearrangement?: Yes/No (If you tend to start most sentences with "The" or "Then" or "He", say yes to this)
Embellishments?: Yes/No (This is a bit more elaborate, but basically, I put in flowery or emotive language in some areas where I feel like it would need a bit more (no more than one or two words), and I will generally base my decisions off the tone you're attempting to portray throughout the piece)
Additions?: Yes/No (I will actually add whole sentences to areas if necessary.)

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and no. I'll probably come up with my own ideas for alterations and additions when I see your editing anyway.
Argent Fang

Gemini Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/stopthepresses/285298/katy-perry-calls-out-high-school-crush-in-front-of-adoring-crowd/

Katy Perry Calls Out High School Crush in Front of Adoring Crowd

On Katy Perry's new No. 1 album "Teenage Dream," she sings about adolescent milestones like beach parties and Friday-night dates, and earlier this week she lived out many teens' real-life fantasy: standing in front of a huge, adoring crowd and calling out a crush who never gave her the time of day in high school.

On Tuesday, the 25-year-old pop star returned to her alma mater, Dos Pueblos High School in Goleta, California (which she attended her freshman year before earning her GED) for a homecoming concert. With an acoustic guitar strapped around her neck, Perry started talking about the difference between teen boys and girls, and unrequited love. "It's like, don't break my heart, because I'm going to go and write a song about you," she said. "I'm so thankful that God gave me that gift."

Pointing out into the audience, she identified one specific member of the crowd and asked, "Is that Shane Lopes? You were the most popular kid in my class, but you never wanted to date me, it was always Amanda Wayne." As the crowd laughed and cheered, she adopted a bit of swagger and added, "Oh yeah, you really chose right, honey. What's up now, playa?" Becoming an international, Grammy-nominated pop star evidently does wonderful things for your self-confidence.

Perry dedicated her next song, a kiss-off anthem from her double-platinum 2008 disc "One of the Boys," to her former crush and even tweaked a lyric in the middle of the song for the occasion, singing, "I can't believe I fell in love with Shane Lopes."

At the end of the tune, she looked directly at Lopes, held up her hand -- which prominently displays her engagement ring -- and said, "That's cool, I got mine," and mockingly blew him a kiss. The singer is set to marry raunchy British comic Russell Brand, who wooed her publicly from the stage while hosting the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards.

Lopes, a former high school football star in Goleta, played quarterback at Delaware State, RadarOnline.com reports, before returning to his hometown to coach the high school team. Lopes told RadarOnline.com he was a little embarrassed when Perry turned the spotlight on him, but claims her version of events wasn't totally accurate. Calling her story "pretty fabricated," he said, "I never got the feeling that she had a crush on me. We've always been friends. I think it was more for entertainment and she was figuring out a way to segue into her next song and kinda embarrass me just for fun."

TMZ caught up with Lopes, who said he was surprised when Perry picked him out of the crowd. As it turns out, he married his high-school sweetheart and is "happy with how things turned out."

Although an anti-Perry Facebook page titled "Shane Lopes picked correctly" has popped up, Lopes said he has no hard feelings about becoming the unwitting target of Perry's performance. "I haven't seen her in awhile. ... I just know her as Katy Hudson so to see her as the famous Katy Perry is kinda hilarious!"
I didn't know she was that lame and bitter. A man can't help it whether a bitch likes him or not, nor can he control whether he's attracted or not. Shaking Head
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:29 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/stopthepresses/285298/katy-perry-calls-out-high-school-crush-in-front-of-adoring-crowd/

Katy Perry Calls Out High School Crush in Front of Adoring Crowd

On Katy Perry's new No. 1 album "Teenage Dream," she sings about adolescent milestones like beach parties and Friday-night dates, and earlier this week she lived out many teens' real-life fantasy: standing in front of a huge, adoring crowd and calling out a crush who never gave her the time of day in high school.

On Tuesday, the 25-year-old pop star returned to her alma mater, Dos Pueblos High School in Goleta, California (which she attended her freshman year before earning her GED) for a homecoming concert. With an acoustic guitar strapped around her neck, Perry started talking about the difference between teen boys and girls, and unrequited love. "It's like, don't break my heart, because I'm going to go and write a song about you," she said. "I'm so thankful that God gave me that gift."

Pointing out into the audience, she identified one specific member of the crowd and asked, "Is that Shane Lopes? You were the most popular kid in my class, but you never wanted to date me, it was always Amanda Wayne." As the crowd laughed and cheered, she adopted a bit of swagger and added, "Oh yeah, you really chose right, honey. What's up now, playa?" Becoming an international, Grammy-nominated pop star evidently does wonderful things for your self-confidence.

Perry dedicated her next song, a kiss-off anthem from her double-platinum 2008 disc "One of the Boys," to her former crush and even tweaked a lyric in the middle of the song for the occasion, singing, "I can't believe I fell in love with Shane Lopes."

At the end of the tune, she looked directly at Lopes, held up her hand -- which prominently displays her engagement ring -- and said, "That's cool, I got mine," and mockingly blew him a kiss. The singer is set to marry raunchy British comic Russell Brand, who wooed her publicly from the stage while hosting the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards.

Lopes, a former high school football star in Goleta, played quarterback at Delaware State, RadarOnline.com reports, before returning to his hometown to coach the high school team. Lopes told RadarOnline.com he was a little embarrassed when Perry turned the spotlight on him, but claims her version of events wasn't totally accurate. Calling her story "pretty fabricated," he said, "I never got the feeling that she had a crush on me. We've always been friends. I think it was more for entertainment and she was figuring out a way to segue into her next song and kinda embarrass me just for fun."

TMZ caught up with Lopes, who said he was surprised when Perry picked him out of the crowd. As it turns out, he married his high-school sweetheart and is "happy with how things turned out."

Although an anti-Perry Facebook page titled "Shane Lopes picked correctly" has popped up, Lopes said he has no hard feelings about becoming the unwitting target of Perry's performance. "I haven't seen her in awhile. ... I just know her as Katy Hudson so to see her as the famous Katy Perry is kinda hilarious!"
I didn't know she was that lame and bitter. A man can't help it whether a bitch likes him or not, nor can he control whether he's attracted or not. Shaking Head

I'll have to agree with you on that, though to be fair, I could give a shit about what she does. *shrugs*
Argent Fang

Gemini Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:29 am

Words cannot describe how badly I want this:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/50288429/

Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:06 am

Dinny wrote:Words cannot describe how badly I want this:

scratch Wait.....am I missing something here.

All you have to do in order to have your own bloody sheets is
*lean over, and whisper into Dinny's ear*

That's All
afro
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:28 pm

MKing wrote:

scratch Wait.....am I missing something here.

All you have to do in order to have your own bloody sheets is
*lean over, and whisper into Dinny's ear*

That's All
afro

WOO, SERIAL MURDERING!

Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit on Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:03 pm

I WANT THOSE SHEETS~
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:47 pm

Just don't wear a pad and turn a cartwheel.
lilith

Cancer Cat

View user profile http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:42 pm

lilith wrote:

Just don't wear a pad and turn a cartwheel.

Laughing I don't have that much blood.

So...

KILLING SPREE!

Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:24 am

SERIOUSLY, it's funny that we are on that topic because a friend of mines said some weird shit yesterday.

Normally, I don't discuss what my friends say out of their mouths, but this shit was more than worthy of a mention. So yesterday we were all out eating at Three Brothers (amazing btw), and somehow we ending up getting on the topic about a woman's period. So out of nowhere my female friend said something like "My sister only has her period 3 times a year...blah blah blah....I wish that was me", so I blurted out loud "Is that shit even normal?" I don't know much about that sort of stuff, but umm.....that shit doesn't sound healthy to me, like seriously, something has to be wrong with her insides or something.

Anyway, something else that bothered me yesterday, I complimented an acquaintance (Lib) about how sexy her eyes were (dark skinned with green eyes) and in return she was completely conceited/arrogant about the compliment.....she started going on and on about how she knows her eyes are cute and that people always tell her how cute she is.......blah blah blah. Don't get me wrong, she is a cute girl, but that's a HUGE turn off for me. I prefer girls who are modest when it comes to compliments, because that of way a guy would have no problem with continuously giving you compliments about how you look. IDK....her eyes were sexy, however, that motherfuckin breath of hers wasn't at it best tho, buuuuuutttt I let that slide because I was in such a good mood.

Doesn't that bother you, whenever you compliment somebody, and in return they shit on you? UGH!!!
Laughing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:31 am

MKing wrote:SERIOUSLY, it's funny that we are on that topic because a friend of mines said some weird shit yesterday.

Normally, I don't discuss what my friends say out of their mouths, but this shit was more than worthy of a mention. So yesterday we were all out eating at Three Brothers (amazing btw), and somehow we ending up getting on the topic about a woman's period. So out of nowhere my female friend said something like "My sister only has her period 3 times a year...blah blah blah....I wish that was me", so I blurted out loud "Is that shit even normal?" I don't know much about that sort of stuff, but umm.....that shit doesn't sound healthy to me, like seriously, something has to be wrong with her insides or something.

Anyway, something else that bothered me yesterday, I complimented an acquaintance (Lib) about how sexy her eyes were (dark skinned with green eyes) and in return she was completely conceited/arrogant about the compliment.....she started going on and on about how she knows her eyes are cute and that people always tell her how cute she is.......blah blah blah. Don't get me wrong, she is a cute girl, but that's a HUGE turn off for me. I prefer girls who are modest when it comes to compliments, because that of way a guy would have no problem with continuously giving you compliments about how you look. IDK....her eyes were sexy, however, that motherfuckin breath of hers wasn't at it best tho, buuuuuutttt I let that slide because I was in such a good mood.

Doesn't that bother you, whenever you compliment somebody, and in return they shit on you? UGH!!!
Laughing

Bout the first part: I'm inclined to think it's bad for you too, but the nurse who took my pap smear at the sexual health branch of the hospital told me otherwise. I have intense period pain, I think I mentioned it before: I'm on prescription pain meds for period pain and they make me hallucinate vividly (often very sexual hallucinations, two of which I remember in frightening detail). I get contractions not unlike the kind women get when they go into labor. My period pain has literally been so bad that my doctors have strongly advised me to get implanon to stop my period altogether, but I've been too scared because of it's side effects.

Weirdly, I had my first period when I was 10 or 11, and they were regular like clockwork from the first one. Most girls are irregular for the first few years of their puberty.

About the second part, I've never, ever met someone like that. It seems weird. It's almost courtesy/etiquette to modestly brush it off.

Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:49 pm

MKing, I know of a few birth control pills that are marketed here that gives ladies who take it a period every 3 months. I forget what it's called though, but the advert airs on TV all the time.

Geez. That girl's behavior is mind-boggling. The few occasions I've had compliments my way, I blushed furiously, lol. In a sense, I do get where she's coming from. Whenever I'm out & about or speaking on the phone to someone, they invariably ALWAYS call me an endearment, like "honey", "sweetie", "dear", or even "sunshine". (& these are from strangers.) I've remarked about it to my cousin, who gets the same thing, so... But the way your friend went about it was just...really awkward. Sheesh.

Dinny wrote:Bout the first part: I'm inclined to think it's bad for you too, but the nurse who took my pap smear at the sexual health branch of the hospital told me otherwise. I have intense period pain, I think I mentioned it before: I'm on prescription pain meds for period pain and they make me hallucinate vividly (often very sexual hallucinations, two of which I remember in frightening detail). I get contractions not unlike the kind women get when they go into labor. My period pain has literally been so bad that my doctors have strongly advised me to get implanon to stop my period altogether, but I've been too scared because of it's side effects.

Weirdly, I had my first period when I was 10 or 11, and they were regular like clockwork from the first one. Most girls are irregular for the first few years of their puberty.

Holy crap, Dinny... That sounds oh, so painful. silent My cousin has a similar problem with hers, & she takes birth control to keep it under control (& to prevent an unplanned pregnancy--she & her husband aren't ready for a baby just yet). I do recall a few years ago when she went to the doctor... She came home with a pain med prescription for her pain.

StarFireSong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:11 am

@Dinny and Star, Yeah I knew this girl (Aqua) who once said that she had to take Birth control pills to stop/control the flow of her period, because she said it was too heavy.

@Star: That girl is a friend of my close friend, so she hung out with us maybe twice, and she doesn't really speak, so that was the first time I actually heard her say anything and It left a bad taste in my mouth. I can see what you are saying Star, but I feel like if you are complimented on having a certain nice feature then......just take the compliment, and be humble about it, because it doesn't do you any favors to start acting cocky, in fact It only made me sooo turned off that I started dissecting what's not cute about her in my mind. In the end, I realize she is not as cute as she claims to be, and that's probably because she should have kept her mouth closed.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:38 pm

A co-worker of mine did the most stupidest thing possible. He went on Facebook and started bashing our supervisor, mind you I can't stand my supervisor as much as the next person, but I am not going to go on a popular site like Facebook, and start talking shit about my boss, Now he was told by another supervisor, that he is under surveillance for his behavior. They told us from the start that if we ever got involved in any sort of slandering on those kind of sites that our jobs could be on the line. Shaking Head
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:05 pm

MKing wrote:A co-worker of mine did the most stupidest thing possible. He went on Facebook and started bashing our supervisor, mind you I can't stand my supervisor as much as the next person, but I am not going to go on a popular site like Facebook, and start talking shit about my boss, Now he was told by another supervisor, that he is under surveillance for his behavior. They told us from the start that if we ever got involved in any sort of slandering on those kind of sites that our jobs could be on the line. Shaking Head

I have to agree that that is pretty damn stupid of him. Using a social networking site where you give out personal information and then bitch about your boss is never a smart idea, especially if you have co-workers that are friended to him.
Argent Fang

Gemini Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top