Restored: Indigo Children

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Restored: Indigo Children

Post  Dinny on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:44 am

Indigo Children Discussions
Selected quotes of the discussion - previously from the Wolf Pack Constellation Forums

Note: I'm not very draconian in filtering out the quotes, in fact I brought a majority of them over, but I tried my best to stick to the conversation as much as I can. If you need me to remove any quotes, please let me know, thanks! I just don't want topics like this to entirely die off with the forum removal. Posts are not in order of postings, I have tried my best to arrange it for an easier flow of reading.

Windandfire07 wrote:But does the notion of Indigo children ring a bell with anyone? Simply curious. If so, share your thoughts.

Pudding wrote:You can read the basics here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_child

FoxyPhoenixFire wrote:The list of characteristics for Indigo Children I feel is not as clear as it could be. I can identify with a good number of the traits on there and can do some of the things they talk about but I dont feel i am an indigo child and I need to read more to really see how this all even came about.

And whats more, I feel that we ALL as human beings possess psychic potential because we are spiritual beings. It is just some people are more physical/material than spiritual and others are more likely to embrace that side of themselves

I know a girl who can see colored auras of people, another who can tell you what a person is like if you give her their name, and I know a good number of people who have dreams that come to pass. Amongst others. I am very open to things like this-I guess because early on and throughout my short life I have witnessed such abilities in other people and myself.

I think if we are open to it we will be more aware of abilities like this-and they will seem natural. I also feel, that this is somethign we are conditioned to dispell as nonsense from when we are little and we kinda need to unbrainwash ourselves and develop that part of ourselves-because there are places where none of this is out of the ordinary.
Windandfire07 wrote:I know a girl that can see auras too, and with that and her intuition she can see the emotional and general status of the person...She even gave categories to each color she sees lol! And it has not failed her up to now. I also think we all have psychic potential, but Indigo children seem to be born already knowing how to use it...I am not an Indigo, but I know one and she told me my brother is very close to being one.

And it makes sense, because my brother is very mature and understands what adults I know still fail to understand. It looks like as though they can self-teach themselves life's experiences when they witness other people living those experiences.

Indigo children are said to be old souls, ones that have witnessed and lived many lives, and that would be an explanation for them being different and sometimes misunderstood. That is why they develop things such as abstract thinking very young, and that they usually have high confidence....Young souls are less experimented and are less apt to understand immediately life's teachings, even though they mean the best, like all of us.

People surrounded by an aura of indigo color are all Indigo children.

They have been very rare until now, since a few years ago...there are more and more coming, and I think they are sent for a reason.To save mankind from itself(being here global warming)
Dinny wrote:A friend of mine's brother can see auras, and we've known this for a long time... He and his sister are born into a native American family, and have travelled around. Their mother gave birth to her when she was sixteen I believe... I remember the story quite well, because it stunned me. She was born in an abandoned shack somewhere not far from a railroad line, her mother apparently delivered the baby herself too. I can't help but feel she may have some sort of heightened psychic awareness, because back when she was 13, she had a boyfriend whom she was very close to. This boyfriend of hers had a very deep love of nature, especially plants. He had a rose garden and he would take a rose to her every time he would see her. He died a year later in a car accident, and ever since, she's been finding roses appearing in strage places, and been having vivid dreams, often dreaming of roses too.

Both the children (brother and sister) have both been homeschooled. Ever since the brother was about ten (that's how old he was when I first met him), he's been talking about 'seeing colors', and I distinctly remember him saying he could 'see' how his sister was feeling, and she always said how weird it was that no matter what mood she was in, her little brother could sum it up at a glance.

He's 13 now, but I haven't spoken to him since last year. I wonder how that child's doing.

Those two really fascinate me though. I think Foxy was definitely right in saying that how you're brought up and the environment one is brought up in, effects how people view and relate to the metaphysical...

FoxyPhoenixFire wrote:Are you kidding? this topic is THE TRUTH!
I wish there was a way for us to know if we are indigo children. Wish I could meet your friend Because alot of what you said and wikipedia said I could identify with but I'm still being all logical (sorry virgo moon and scorpio sun) and I want and need more evidence or like concrete terms to be able to tell.

The girl I know is like that! The auras she sees are according the emotions of the person-I forget the colors she uses to categorize...I think...pink was for someone who was thinking deeply or confused. Pink or yellow...? She said her grandmother kinda nurtured that in her! Lucky her! Do you think it could be genetic(as I take this and RUN with it) because my great grandmother was a healer and I am still nurturing my intuitive/psychic side as I grow in my spirituality.

I dont see aura colors but I feel them. Sometimes people exude so much energy its amazing. I know how to read people (maybe thats just me being a scorp with a virgo moon and pisces in the 12th house..) but I can be around a person and just tell them who they are, some things they might not even know and others they never had the courage to admit. I always know exactly how a person feels about me, and when they dont know-then its all blurry to me. I always know how a person feels emotionally. There was a time I would mix other peoples feelings with my own but now I know how to kinda keep the door closed? I can deliberately not take in a persons energy or read them and kind of choose to do so when I want to(not all the time though).

I am also(but its sooo underdeveloped) a bit-how do you say it? clairvoyant. I can just kinda feel and know what the future could be like (usually there is more than one potential outcome) and I also sometimes just get energies -for example: I once felt randomly that my friend would get romantically involved with a man one summer (during spring semester) and it happened. I aslo got random energies about this girl I know and just could not pinpoint what the energy meant-but something VERY significant came to pass. The last energy I got was about an older male november sagittarius--I am yet to see how that plays out ( I told you its very under developed and random).

I am VERY misunderstood(again I thought that was the scorpio in me), and people when they look at me think Im younger than I am till they have a conversation with me then they think I am older than I am. I dont care for authority figures who seem to be there undeservingly. Okay Im done-Iv blabbed enough-

I reallly going to do more research on this-there HAS to be a way to tell. Or maybe one can be spiritual and psychic without being an Indigo...? Maybe thats more me then.

This for some reason is really close to numerology I feel...
FoxyPhoenixFire wrote:how to recognize the Indigo Child

The Indigo Child is recognizable by his or her aura and by certain other traits, according to The Indigo Children website (owned by Kryon Writings).

-They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it)
-They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.
-Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."
They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
-They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
-They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.
-They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).
-They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
-They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
-They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

Okay...so...how many of US can identify?....

And with these extras?

-Have strong self esteem, connection to source
-Have an obvious sense of self
-Refuse to follow orders or directions
-Get bored rather easily with assigned tasks
-Are rather creative
-Display strong intuition
-Have either strong or no empathy for others
-Develop abstract thinking very young
-Are gifted and/or talented, highly intelligent
-Are often identified or suspected of having ADHD
-Are frequent daydreamers
-Have very old, deep, wise looking eyes

And even deeper-how many of us have these abilities?

-Highly intelligent.
-Often very creative.
-Developmentally advanced in reading, walking, talking, etc.
-Psychic/intuitive abilities.
-Multi-dimensionally awareness; they perceive a broader range of reality.
-Telepathic abilities.
-They sense and feel energies from people or other living things (aura reading).
-Telekinesis, etc. Moving objects with their mind energy and thought.
-Awareness of scientific, historical, anthropological and spiritual knowledge not consciously learnt. Sometimes called 'knowledge bombs'.
-Awareness of past lives.
-Extremely empathic to all creatures, not just humans but animals and plants.
-They can communicate with the unseen world, spirits and angels.
-Multi-dimensional healing abilities.
-Manifest unusual artwork, languages and scripts.
-Dual consciousness; feeling part human and part extraterrestrial.
-Have a sense of mission or higher purpose.

I think some are redundant...courtesy of google..wikipedia..

There was an article about after the Indigo generation comes the crystal generation..well...Ill keep on reading....

FoxyPhoenixFire wrote:OMGGGGG

Sorry everyone I am soooo excited about this Indigo thing! I just came across this site!!

Here-let's all try this out

How can you tell if you are an Indigo? A good way to "test" yourself is to answer the following:

Are you always searching for your greater purpose in life but feel like the world isn't set up for your kind?

Do you sometimes feel wise beyond your years?
Do you have trouble conforming to the ways of society?
Do you feel out of place in today's world?
Do you perceive the world very differently than most people around you?
Do you have strong intuition about certain things that most others do not?
Do you often feel misunderstood when you try to talk to people about what's real?
Are you a truth seeker?
Do you feel like you were born to accomplish a special mission in life?
Do you feel isolated and alone in your beliefs?
Misunderstood by family?
Do you feel anti-social unless you are with people of like mind?
Are you emotionally sensitive?
Did you have a difficult childhood?

Do you often feel disempowered by too much authority?

If you can answer yes to these questions, then you are most likely an Indigo. But as you probably already realize, you still need to remove some blockages and clear some things in your biological, mental, emotional, and spiritual bodies before you can realize your true purpose and potential.(Just like we were saying Dinny!)

thanks windandfire!!!!!! this stuff is consuming me!

Pudding wrote:However, don't you find a parallel in Astrology with this phenomenon?
Let me dig out a part saying about my generation, not sure if you guys would be classified under it.

Quote:
Uranus in Capricorn - Capricorn Uranus

Those born in the generation having Uranus in Capricorn have the ability to receive intuitively from the planetary mind ways to establish a new social order. Experiences include insights of innovative ways to organize society in a collective whole. Disruption occurs by hanging on to old forms of society's governmental structures.

Quote:
-They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.
-They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).

Just a random thought.

bluescorp wrote:Cool, I didn't know so many of you are interested in Indigo Children.

Anyway, I found this website a while back, that is mean't to show birth charts of some Indigo Children, atleast thats what I think they are.

Here are some the the charts I found on the website(the images take a few moments to load on this post):

Male, Born Oct 26, 1993, 3.15am, Bath, UK

Female, 10th December 1985, 5.30pm , Dublin, Ireland

Female, 5th Feb 1997 , 8.02 pm, London

They all seem to be huddled up with each other or atleast they are all on on side of the chart. Are these Indigo charts?

Heres the link for the webpage:
http://www.childrenofthenewearth.com/free.php?page=articles_free/english_mary/article1

Dinny wrote:I read the website. Her theory is that if all of the planets are bunched up and confined to one or two single houses, that's a good indication of an indigo child. She's also talking about some sort of 'bowl' formation thing... in which you have nothing on one half of your chart, and everything is on the other half.

AquaKitty wrote:It is nice that everyone is so excited about the Indigo children stuff... I am not taking that test here, coz my I-am-royalty proclaiming Leo rising and non-conforming Aqua sun would give me a lot of "Yes" answers, but I don't think they mean much.

In fact, I don't think anyone who simply CANNOT wait in a line (one of wikipedia tests for indigo children) means much. I don't see how having an old, old soul could have anything to do with that. Rebelling without a cause is SO naive and is a sign of indiscipline, if anything.

As for psychic ability, most people do have a fair amount of that. I have had a zillion dreams come true the very next day, and that happens so frequently that now I know when I wake up that so and so dream will come true today or latest by tomorrow. I can read people quite well too, but really, it doesn't take much effort or ESP. It is just being able to see through people. Comes naturally to me, no biggie there.

But I like the idea of people who can see others' auras. That would be a gift indeed.

I don't think that anybody is BORN special. I believe that it is the work we do that makes us special. And for that, we really don't need to be pompous or rude, we just need to have a heart of gold and a will to do the right thing.

So if you ask me, all these so called indigo kids can go around thinking they are just wonderful, but the really wonderful people would always be the ones who make a difference, and for that what is needed is not arrogance, not vanity, not contempt of authority; but plain old good will and strength of character and ability to treat all as equals and the longing to leave the world a better place than when we found it. And for that, it doesn't matter when you were born or how you were brought up, all it takes is character.

To re-emphasize my point - WE ARE NOT BORN SPECIAL. WE BECOME SPECIAL BY THE WAY WE LIVE OUR LIVES.

Hugz,
Kitty.

Dinny wrote:Hold the phone.

I've been reading a bit of Nancy Ann Tappe's theories. According to her, 90% of the children she looked at in 1990 were 'Indigo Children'. Seems like its not just a few here and there, but she believes the Indigo Children are the entire generation, come to pave the way for a new age by getting rid of old ideals and changing everything as we know it.

Interesting. I thought her theories only meant Indigo Children were rare?

bluescorp wrote:Yeah, I've read that too. I also read a while that the peak of Indigo births were in the early 1990s (1990-1992 or 1993) MY GENERATION!!! Although they say that it could have only been a small few of Indigo birth at that time. It very confusing. If it was the peak time of births, then I wonder what percentage of our generation are Indigos.

Aoi wrote:Hmm...so all this new stuff is saying that my chances of being an Indigo Child is very high?

About 'auras'... I don't really know if you can actually see them...

For me, when I see people...or think of them...certain colours come up to my mind...like a background or filter that covers all their images within my mind. It's a mind thing that some people have. It's what gives people a strong memory...associating things (eg. people...animals...etc...) with colours.

Sorry. I don't buy it. I don't like the idea of being better than others. But I do like the idea that people can achieve faster (and therefore more) than others, I don't believe that people do or don't have potential for something. I believe that there is no limit on how much a potential a person has...but rather the only limit is how fast they get there.

"Not every flower survives till blooming. The most beautiful thing is not their full bloom, it is how hard they try to bloom even though they have a short life." - My own saying.

Aoi wrote:Quote: "Indigos respect the talents and abilities of each individual, but these talents do not make any one greater than anyone else. The play of ego and self-importance has no real place in the life of an Indigo."

Kill me. (took it from http://www.starchild.co.za/what.html ... it seems as though...I say the same things as them ahahaha)

FoxyPhoenixFire wrote:HEY KITTENNN! Wise words

I was reading up last night ( as you all saw I kept overposting) and I found interesting stuff.

I think some people got it confused! WindFire and I were discussing people with general abilities and spoke of the aura seeing girls we know. It was aside from the Indigo stuffies. But yes! I agree with Kitten. I dont think Indigos are better or special or any of that-i think we are spiritual beings are all capable of SO MANY THINGS we just need to find them within ourselves and unbrainwash many of what society forces down our throats.

Its a bit like having a flat chart(hiss) or numerology-master numbers. Some people just want to feel special but with almost EVERYTHING in life-it's really all potential. A tall skinny girl COULD be a model in Paris, but thats doesnt mean she WILL be if she doesnt do what she needs to do to make it happen within herself. Someone with great linguistic capabilities could work for the UN, but if they dont dedicate the time, energy and sweat to developing their capabilities into skills it will never happen. We are all sooo unique and astrology has really made me see that! We each have so manyyyy things wonderful about us-we just need to keep growing into our best selves and working towards realizing our potentials! And to me, the point of doing so is to help make our world a better place!

I try really hard when doing charts to not project what I want to be there but just read what IS there. Pudding I dont think the uranus in capi would be a good explaination Neither the planet of Uranus or the sign of Capi yield metaphysical influences. I'd be more inclined to accept Pluto being in Scorpio for the last 20ish years ....but still-we need to research it more!

Dinny you are almost right about the bowl! So good of you! You see what research can do! But I think her chart is more of a BUNDLE. A bundle shaped chart yields a person who is very focused on what THEY need to do, they are undeterred by outside influences and do not usually care what others think of them. The planets are usually squished together. Whereas a BOWL is close to a bundle but not as squished. This yields a person a bit less stubborn, still very focused, but still would want recognition from others-not so much into just their own self.

ANDDDDDD Pisces in house 12!!! Dinny! You sweet soul What a love placement!!! You are more intuitive than you might realize! You have a truly compassionate soul who wants good in the world and the best for everyone. You can really sacrifice yourself for those you love and the greater good! You have so much love to give and fear not getting it back in return. You are afraid that you want to give so much but will be taken advantage of or in the end will be abandoned because the people you sacrificed for might not be there to help you out when you need it (pout) STOP! You are a good kid! Just make sure you pick and choose wisely whom you devote yourself to and you will be fine-and let the Aries come out every now and then so you live FOR YOU!

FoxyPhoenixFire wrote:Aoi said:
I have aries in house 12. Does that make me hateful?

No-just means that you might battle between living for yourself and others, and you are prone to guilt of feeling like you are being selfish-and sometimes you can be selfish(its rare though) and then you beat yourself up for it. Or when you do something FOR YOU, you feel bad. There are times that you doubt that you cant do things, or dont have what it takes. You want so much to be invincible and in control of yourself but because you are overly ambitious when it comes to this-what you want can seem so scary and unrealistic to you. You also have this inner fear that you might not be as independent as you would like to be, you want to be your own person so your are constantly trying to make sure you are an individual and not just one of the rest. Relaxxxx-you are most definitely an individual. Even though Cancer is a clicky sign, the scorp and taurus in you will bring out your individuality! And...you can do ANYTHING you set your mind too-so dont be so hard on yourself

Windandfire07 wrote:Foxy is right, seeing auras is not an indication wether you are an indigo or not. It is only something everyone can develop if they put their minds into it, but it is not easy. Some of us are more apt to develop psychic abilities, like others are apt to develop muscles more quickly.

Indigo children are not "superior" to anyone at all. They just seem to come with unusual caracteristics and talents, and happen to grow faster in areas than other people would. The fact that they have this special gift makes them bad at things people usually find easy to do.

It is all a matter of balance. Indigos all have their own weaknesses like everyone else, but their strengths are uncommon.

And as Aqua rightly said, environment plays a major role in anyone's personal growth. Indigo children do not come with a wise-beyond-my-years package when they are birthed.

As for aura colors, it has been mentioned pink or yellow shows emotional confusion. I don't know about pink, but yellow does indicate despair and confusion. It is not necessary to say what other colors mean, since i cannot see them or understand how they work myself, even though my friend spoke of the meanings to me. I cannot claim to know the subject correctly.

Know this, though: the number of lines on your hands recflect how old your soul is and how much you have lived in your past lives(if you do not believe in reincarnation, discard that comment). The more lines you have, the more you would have lived before.

P.S: it only reflects your soul's age, not what you are right now.

cancercrab wrote:I don't mean to be the negative nancy of this whole idea, but I feel that these adults who search for indigo children are trying to live their dreams through these kids. It seems like a silly idea overall.

However, I believe in karma (almost fully), and maybe there was a big uprise of karmic happenin's from 1980 onward. Every once in a while when I'm really emotional I get a flashback-image-dejavu thing of jungle life maybe in the past, but it disappears almost as quickly as it comes, but I don't think that makes me some sort of indigo child since I was born in 1987. Also about a month ago I sat down someone and told them things were a bit too quiet in the United States, especially being in this post 9/11 society. Where was the news that spread like wildfire all over the country? Then it so happens a couple weeks later a madman ran into a university and killed 31 people with his two guns. Probably a coincidence... but really, most of those questions pertain to every adolescent that feels awkward growing up.

LeoCuspian wrote:Honestly, this is the first time I have heard about this. And to tell you the truth, if this does have any truth to it, I think I very well may be one. I have all the characteristics minus telekinesis and telepathy, although I have some uncanny abilities with knowing what people are thinking. I have been able to see auras and colors since I was about 15. I have also visually seen things that I know were not of this reality. Freaked me out when I was younger. The only other anomale is that even though I do feel different/separated when not around people I can truly connect with, I'm not antisocial. But, I am a Leo with a Sag. rising, so I can make friends with a blade of grass. Hah. I'm going to look into this more. I need to compare my chart. Thanks for the info everyone!
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top