Restored: Sidereal Zodiac

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Restored: Sidereal Zodiac

Post  Dinny on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:29 am

Stalker wrote:Is anyone here into this stuff? I've read a bit about the Sidereal Zodiac, but I can't say I'm too much into it. I don't oppose it, I just don't turn to it. I'm having enough brooding with the Tropical Zodiac as it is.

I find the concept and explanation interesting, but I still can't quite identify with it. The Tropical Zodiac followers and the Sidereal Zodiac followers have this whole disagreement thing going on, of course. I think there are ways to relate to both, personally.

An intro/explanation on Sidereal Zodiac: http://www.spiritualrealist.com/ASTROLOGY/ABOUTSIDEREALASTRO/SiderealEphemExpalanation.asp

The site/further recourses and info:
http://www.spiritualrealist.com/ASTROLOGY/Astrology.asp

Stalker wrote:
Judy Tancino wrote:I realized that it was not an either/or situation; each zodiac is valuable in different circumstances.

I found that the tropical zodiac seemed to be more accurate at the personality or ego level, and that the sidereal placements resonated with the individual’s inner core, or soul identity. In other words, the tropical chart best describes that part of the personality that has adapted to our western culture in order to survive, while the sidereal chart expresses the original and authentic soul energies, nearly always hidden, which best describe who we are at the deepest levels.

I continue to find that as people grow spiritually and become more conscious, they likewise seem to outgrow the tropical placements in their natal charts as they step into their inner soul energy as shown in the sidereal placements of the same natal chart. If you have been working with your tropical chart over a long period of time, and feel it no longer fits, I suggest you run a sidereal natal chart. You may come face to face with the “side-REAL” you!

Very Happy Source

cancercrab wrote:I'd like to refresh the thread since we have a lot of new members since the last couple of posts.

What are your combinations from astro? (from the dropdown menu I chose Hindu/Lahiri geocentric) Do you feel like you identify more with the new combination, feel like either/neither, or your tropical one?

Stalker wrote:Well, as Judy Tancino stated, you can use both sidereal and tropical zodiac if you're into astrology, there's no need to choose just one. According to her, tropical is like our fundamental persona and all that, while sidereal is like our abstract energies and drives, and whatever.

"I continue to find that as people grow spiritually and become more conscious, they likewise seem to outgrow the tropical placements in their natal charts as they step into their inner soul energy as shown in the sidereal placements of the same natal chart."

...Then again, that's what progressions also are for.

Stalker wrote:Explanation on sidereal zodiac.

Stalker wrote:
The term ecliptic is mentioned often in astrology. It describes the centerline of that which we call the Zodiac, which extends some eight degrees above and below the ecliptic. In other words, the Zodiac is a belt 16° wide centered on the ecliptic.

Simply put, the ecliptic is the plane of the Earth's orbit around the Sun. A plane is merely a flat two-dimensional surface (it has length and width, but no depth). The Earth's orbit, viewed from the side (like a circle viewed from the side), is a plane. So the ecliptic is the circle (plane) of the Earth's orbit extended to infinity.

Since we live on the Earth, and not on the Sun, we seem to see the Sun moving along the ecliptic rather than the Earth. As we pear into the heavens, the Sun appears to follow its endlessly cyclic path through the center of the Zodiac. What's actually happening is that we're following our endlessly cyclic path around the Sun, and we're in the opposite sign (at least, we are from the Sun's point of view). Nevertheless, we live HERE, on the Earth, so it's only natural that HERE becomes the center of our point of view, our psyches, and our astrological system.

0° of Aries is defined in the Tropical Zodiac by the point of the Vernal Equinox, or that point where the Sun has 0° of Declination as it moves north after the Winter Solstice. The Sidereal Zodiac, however, is a system based upon the constellations themselves, and defines 0° Aries by a different system. Due to the Procession of the Equinoxes, these two zodiacs have, at this point in time, diverged almost a full sign, so that what is in Aries in the Tropical Zodiac is in Pisces in the Sidereal Zodiac.

At the Vernal Equinox, which is the beginning of spring, and also defines 0° Aries (at least in the Tropical Zodiac), the Earth's Axis of Rotation is perpendicular to the Sun, and perpendicular to the Line of Intersection between the Ecliptic and the Celestial Equator.

Wiseman wrote:Well my preference would have to be Tropical of course. I still think the sidereal zodiac has something to offer though... I don't really know what to think of it... Either way, Tropical would describe me better, although I see myself more as a conscience full of each sign at different times. It's just my chart shows which signs are more prominent especially with the aspects of which planets are under their influence, or is it the sign that's influenced by the planet? Regardless, you get my understanding.
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top