Movies and TV Shows

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  MKing on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:21 pm

Mi-cuit

I forgot to mentioned last week how much I was upset that they actually killed off Franklin......WTH. Just when I started liking his character, the writers go and pull some crazy shit like that on us, and of all people, Jason, they let Jason kill him off. UGH!

It's funny how they are making Eric out to be a little bitch....whatever happened to baddass Eric? Where Alcide? So I think they are going to make Tara and Lafayette, some kinda of witch in the next season. I am sooooo like Hoyt more and more, I went carzy when he hit whats-his-face. Didn't really care for Sam's background story and I can't tell whether or not I like the new wicca lady. That's All
afro
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:25 am

This episode actually bored me. Never thought true blood would come to that. I really hate the fantasy kitchen sink approach the show is taking. Started with vampires, now everything else is real too. BLAH! I still love Hoyt, but everyone else is getting unbearable. It seems like they don't know what to do with Lafayette, Jesus, and Tara anymore. YAWN.
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:36 pm

mi-cuit wrote:Started with vampires, now everything else is real too.

I KNNNNOOOOOWWWWW......WTF. Now, I am just waiting for the Loch Ness Monster, and small Leprechauns to appear sooner or later. Shaking Head
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang on Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:36 am

Latest movie I've seen that was really fun for me was Kick-Ass. I love a good superhero film, especially one that actually has good characters and storyline and isn't just a movie with fancy fight scenes with boring filler scenes in-between.
Argent Fang

Title : Fledgling Author/Bounty Hunter
Gemini Dog

View user profile http://www.argentfangs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:39 am

Glee is doing a Rocky Horror Picture Show Episode! Twitch
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:07 pm

mi-cuit wrote:Glee is doing a Rocky Horror Picture Show Episode! Twitch

Shaking Head

It's September, ALREADY? It seem like we just discussed the final episode the other day.

MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:05 pm

Well, Star, you got your wish and Michael Grimm is going to be in the top 4. As much as I like Poppycock, I don't think his act was better than the other Michael. I think it's going to be between Jackie and Fighting Gravity for the win.

...............................................................................................................
I don't normally go to the movies to see dramas, bbbbbuuuuuuttttt........this looks all types of crazy (in a good way).

MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:04 pm

LOL! Yes, I did. So did you! We both have people we like in the final 4. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Michael & Jackie will be doing next week. Very Happy Jackie & Fighting Gravity? HELL NAW. Jackie & Michael FTW! Very Happy

StarFireSong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:54 am

StarFireSong wrote:LOL! Yes, I did. So did you! We both have people we like in the final 4. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Michael & Jackie will be doing next week. Very Happy Jackie & Fighting Gravity? HELL NAW. Jackie & Michael FTW! Very Happy

Laughing

You and your Michael, I will say tho, he has a cool tone of voice, I just wish he loosen up a bit more on stage, he seems a bit stiff (That's what she said LOL), overall he is a very soulful artist. HOWEVER, this is Jackie's game.....all the way.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:42 pm

LOL! Very Happy That's true, but he'll loosen up once he becomes more comfortable on a stage. His voice is golden though.

I heard that Jackie will be singing some sort of duet with Sarah Brightman in the results show tomorrow night, but I'm not sure what she'll be singing, or even if the rumor's right. We'll see in less than 20 minutes! Very Happy

StarFireSong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:04 pm

@Star: WOW I am SHOCKED......completely shocked.

I didn't see that coming at all, nice call on the final two, Star. I guess anyway you look at it the final four will have great careers ahead them. I hated most of the duets, three of them seemed sooooo random. Sarah B. wasn't at her best last night, but hey, it's Sarah B. so it's doesn't really matter. David Copperfield was AMAZING. Overall, great season for sure.

MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:31 am

Really? I was slightly disappointed Jackie didn't win, but even if she had won, I would've been disappointed that Michael didn't win. Laughing

Sarah B's voice is past its prime. (The singing voice reaches its peak in your 30s-40s. After that, it begins to sound "wide", like Sarah sounded.) It was really sad to listen to her sing with Jackie because I'm so used to hearing her sing with a more youthful tone. (Granted, I don't really follow her career, but still...) I kinda wish they harmonized in the chorus of "Time to Say Goodbye" in order to let Jackie's beautiful voice shine. I was surprised she looked so much older though. I didn't expect that. When was her most recent CD released?

I thought David Copperfield's segment was a bit lame, actually. I was kind of expecting a big to-do since he's so HUGE, but just to see what he did... Let me just say this: My grandma's a big fan of his, & SHE was disappointed.

I liked Jewel's & Michael's duet together though. "Me & Bobby McGee" is an AWESOME song. Very Happy The other 2... The most random choices I've ever seen in my life. & ATROCIOUS!

I'm really excited to see what Grimm & Jackie will do after the tour ends. Whatever happens, it's gonna be just great. Very Happy

StarFireSong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:46 am

I'm a hair behind when it comes to movie watching, but now that I've re-booted my Netflix subscription, I can now catch up. (somewhat)

The first one on my list that I'm going to watch after work is James Cameron's Avatar.
Argent Fang

Title : Fledgling Author/Bounty Hunter
Gemini Dog

View user profile http://www.argentfangs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:59 am

StarFireSong wrote:Really? I was slightly disappointed Jackie didn't win, but even if she had won, I would've been disappointed that Michael didn't win. Laughing

Sarah B's voice is past its prime. (The singing voice reaches its peak in your 30s-40s. After that, it begins to sound "wide", like Sarah sounded.) It was really sad to listen to her sing with Jackie because I'm so used to hearing her sing with a more youthful tone. (Granted, I don't really follow her career, but still...) I kinda wish they harmonized in the chorus of "Time to Say Goodbye" in order to let Jackie's beautiful voice shine. I was surprised she looked so much older though. I didn't expect that. When was her most recent CD released?

I thought David Copperfield's segment was a bit lame, actually. I was kind of expecting a big to-do since he's so HUGE, but just to see what he did... Let me just say this: My grandma's a big fan of his, & SHE was disappointed.

I liked Jewel's & Michael's duet together though. "Me & Bobby McGee" is an AWESOME song. Very Happy The other 2... The most random choices I've ever seen in my life. & ATROCIOUS!

I'm really excited to see what Grimm & Jackie will do after the tour ends. Whatever happens, it's gonna be just great. Very Happy

I knew there was something off about Sarah B, I thought maybe she was just a little off key because of how loud the crowd is inside the studio. She has some age on her (50), but she still looks amazing. I was hoping for her and Jackie to sing more in harmony, as well, I did love the last note tho, no matter how awful you sing that song you must nail the last note. I am not really sure about Sarah B latest release, I don't really fellow her music much. I have recently seen her in Repoman The Genetic Opera LOL. It's a very different /odd/random kinda movie, so much for the opera tho.

Jewel and Michael's duet was my least favorite. The whole time it was like Jewel didn't even acknowledge him on stage, they had zero chemistry, and on top of that, I hated that version of Me and Bobby McGee. If you watched American Idol last season Crystal's cover of that song was AMAZING.

MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:35 pm

MKing wrote:I knew there was something off about Sarah B, I thought maybe she was just a little off key because of how loud the crowd is inside the studio. She has some age on her (50), but she still looks amazing. I was hoping for her and Jackie to sing more in harmony, as well, I did love the last note tho, no matter how awful you sing that song you must nail the last note. I am not really sure about Sarah B latest release, I don't really fellow her music much. I have recently seen her in Repoman The Genetic Opera LOL. It's a very different /odd/random kinda movie, so much for the opera tho.

Jewel and Michael's duet was my least favorite. The whole time it was like Jewel didn't even acknowledge him on stage, they had zero chemistry, and on top of that, I hated that version of Me and Bobby McGee. If you watched American Idol last season Crystal's cover of that song was AMAZING.

LOL! Agreed. Nail the final note & all's forgiven (unless you really can't sing, lol!). Razz "Repoman the Genetic Opera"? I've never heard of it, lol. Sarah B's aging gracefully indeed. Smile

Shaking Head I guess we'll have to agree to disagree with the "Bobby McGee" song. I didn't watch an episode of last season's AI. Crystal's cover underwhelmed me, sorry to say.

StarFireSong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:47 am

StarFireSong wrote:
MKing wrote:I knew there was something off about Sarah B, I thought maybe she was just a little off key because of how loud the crowd is inside the studio. She has some age on her (50), but she still looks amazing. I was hoping for her and Jackie to sing more in harmony, as well, I did love the last note tho, no matter how awful you sing that song you must nail the last note. I am not really sure about Sarah B latest release, I don't really fellow her music much. I have recently seen her in Repoman The Genetic Opera LOL. It's a very different /odd/random kinda movie, so much for the opera tho.

LOL! Agreed. Nail the final note & all's forgiven (unless you really can't sing, lol!). Razz "Repoman the Genetic Opera"? I've never heard of it, lol. Sarah B's aging gracefully indeed. Smile

Shaking Head I guess we'll have to agree to disagree with the "Bobby McGee" song. I didn't watch an episode of last season's AI. Crystal's cover underwhelmed me, sorry to say.

I am not surprise you never heard of Repoman. The movie never really hit big anywhere.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:36 pm

"Holmes on Homes" ROCKS! That is all. Very Happy

StarFireSong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:41 am

I finally caught up with a lot of movies over the past few days.

Inception (10/10) = AMAZING. At first I had to watch it over because my friends kept playing around for whatever reason like they were on some attention mission or something. And really you can't afford to joke around during a movie like this one. Leo was good as always.

Scott Pilgrim (10/10) = Way better than I expected.

The Kids Are Alright (7/10) = It was OK, it had few good moments.

MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:36 pm

Has anyone watched that facebook movie yet? I usually don't watch movies nor do I play facebook, but is this movie any good?
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:41 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:Has anyone watched that facebook movie yet? I usually don't watch movies nor do I play facebook, but is this movie any good?

I have seen it, son

it's good. It's probably one of the best movies of the year. GO SEE IT NOW.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:01 pm

MKing wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:Has anyone watched that facebook movie yet? I usually don't watch movies nor do I play facebook, but is this movie any good?

I have seen it, son

it's good. It's probably one of the best movies of the year. GO SEE IT NOW.
Will have to see it soon. I want to see how they make a website for little kids into big money.
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:47 pm

I've seen Catfish not to long ago and I was not impressed. I liked TalHotBlond waaaayyyy better.

I was suppose to go see Black Swan today. Stupid snow, I'll just wait until next week.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:13 am

Did not like The Fighter. It's more about a crazy white boy on crack than it is boxing. I don't watch movies about boxing, fighting, or martial arts because the REAL uncut shit is on HBO PPV, but I gave this one a chance. Good movie if you want to see how broken and busted the typical prizefighter's life is or if you love Christian Bale's acting. He played it real well as a crackhead.
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:38 pm

I saw The Fighter (8/10)the other day. My friend had a real good copy of the movie. It's not really about boxing, tho. It's more so about the brothers and there fucked up family. Boxing takes a back sit in the film. Bale was really good as always. Ummm...Wahlberg was okay, I feel like I seen him in this role before, IDK why. Other than that it was a good film.

I saw The Town(10/10), as well. Now that's a great film. From the story to the actors to the whole nine yards. Amazing film.

MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top