Movies and TV Shows

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  mi-cuit on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:55 am

Comedy GOLD though!
avatar
mi-cuit
Moderator

Cancer Cat
Posts : 172
Points : 2718
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  Dr. ARM on Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:00 am

I got an e-mail notification for that message just as I typed the very same sequence of words into an IM window, Mi-cuit.
avatar
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse
Posts : 115
Points : 2644
Age : 26
Location : Aristocratic Regal Mansion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  mi-cuit on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:48 am

I would say great minds think alike, but in the case of snookie getting punched in the face, that would include most of the world.
avatar
mi-cuit
Moderator

Cancer Cat
Posts : 172
Points : 2718
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  MKing on Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:05 pm

mi-cuit wrote:I would say great minds think alike, but in the case of snookie getting punched in the face, that would include most of the world.


True, True, They're very entertaining, and all, but lately I've been hearing rumors about them asking/demanding more money per episode and all type of nonsense. I hope the rumors aren't true, because the last thing we need is Snookie and The Situation, acting like they are Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3004
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  mi-cuit on Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:50 am

Snookie wishes she could play Eyes Wide Shut with The Situation.
avatar
mi-cuit
Moderator

Cancer Cat
Posts : 172
Points : 2718
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  MKing on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:48 pm

mi-cuit wrote:Snookie wishes she could play Eyes Wide Shut with The Situation.

The Situation is sooo slimy and desperate, he probably already played Eyes Wide Shut with Snookie. LOL

Quick Question, How come on a reality show, you see the person in the confession room with the same 2 or 3 outfits, yet they're talking about the events that happen that day? It's like, how come you have that outfit on in the confessional all the time. It's Wierd.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3004
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  mi-cuit on Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:41 am

And how do they get them IN the confessional all the time without any of the others getting suspicious. It's so weird. Speaking of reality shows, I've been watching the French Big Brother called Secret Story. HILARIOUS. I've gotten the rest of the family into it. We're all such gossip-mongers.
avatar
mi-cuit
Moderator

Cancer Cat
Posts : 172
Points : 2718
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  Wags on Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:21 am

Dinny wrote:I watched Planet 51 (yes, the Pixar kid's movie) yesterday, and I'm watching Shrek 3 later today since I heard it'll be on and I haven't seen it yet. I have it in my mind to watch pretty much everything Pixar after I remember how successful Shrek, Finding Nemo and Toy Story were. I'm also thinking that Shark Tale was underrated, I loved that movie, and at the same time was never insanely fond of Monsters Inc.

I'm not sure if you're grouping Shrek into the Pixar mix, but I am pretty sure that Shrek is Dream-Works, not Pixar. It does look like something from Pixar, admittedly.

The third movie is alright, however I don't like it as much as the first two. But I would recommend seeing it at least once. It has its classic moments too.

Movies:
-Disney classics, Pixar included
-Pretty much anything by Studio Ghibli
-Paprika
-V for Vendetta
-Matrix films
-Lord of the Rings
-Walk the Line
-Brothers (really dramatic, but really good)
-Mel Brooks films
-Most anything with Jim Carrey
-Star Wars, mainly episodes 4-6, first 3 aren't bad though

Movies I want to see: Inception, I just keep hearing good things about this. How to Tame Your Dragon looked cute, and the next Narnia film should be coming out soon.

As for Tv shows, I don't watch much tv, but channels I'll put on usually include: Discovery, Animal Planet, History, National Geographic and the Travel channel. I like my educational channels.

Myth Busters, Sport Science, and The Universe are/were my favorites on those channels.

House is the main show I watch. I'll watch Jeopardy when it's on. And I used to watch the Avatar: The last Airbender cartoon. Excellent series.
avatar
Wags

Aries Goat
Posts : 67
Points : 2546
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  MKing on Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:41 pm

mi-cuit wrote:And how do they get them IN the confessional all the time without any of the others getting suspicious. It's so weird. Speaking of reality shows, I've been watching the French Big Brother called Secret Story. HILARIOUS. I've gotten the rest of the family into it. We're all such gossip-mongers.


I KNNNNNOOOOWWWWW. It's weird, and its one of those things that you will never know how it operates until you end up on a reality show LOL.

YOU WATCH BIG BROTHER, TOO? (If I was gay, we would probably be soul-mates .....we are too much alike) Have you seen the US version, yet?

TRUE BLOOD.......Let's hope its a good one....fingers cross.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3004
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  mi-cuit on Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:51 am

@MKing: I haven't seen the American version, but somehow, the French make it both trashier and funnier. You haven't seen real comedy until you've heard two French chicks cussing each other out. French obscenities sound oddly musical. Also, everyone on the show is supposed to have a secret that the others have to figure out. I don't know if that's how it works in the American version. Some of the secrets are just HILARIOUS.

@Dinny: Paprika and Spirited Away are two of my favorite movies, and I'm sure I've said this on the old forum, but the third is definitely Le Fabuleux Destin D'Amelie Poulain. If you can get your hands on it, see it for sure. I'd love to hear what you think.

EDIT: @MKing: I've seen it way earlier than expected this week, and I finally managed to watch it with my local tv buddy. It is so much more fun that way That being said, WHAT THE HELL????

Spoiler:
No they did NOT just sit me through 6 minutes of Debbie cat fighting Sookie with Sookie not shooting her and Debbie not going werewolf. What was that all about? Sookie's plot immunity to all forms of harm are actually HURTING the plot at this point. And that whole mini-break-up with Bill made no sense whatsoever. She hounded and stalked him when he said he didn't want her and he was fucking Lorena, but the minute he starts wanting her, she dumps him because of something she made him do when he was unconscious???? NO SENSE! Tara's random breakdowns are grating on my last nerve. I'm glad Talbot's dead. He was annoying. I can only hope the king goes the same way. Eric's make-out scene was gratuitous, unnecessary fan service, but I was not a fan.

or should I say [/rant]? Razz
avatar
mi-cuit
Moderator

Cancer Cat
Posts : 172
Points : 2718
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  MKing on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:06 pm

I believe the show has a different twist every season, at lease that's what the American version does. This season there was a saboteur among the house guest and they were completely unsure who it was.....one year they invited the house guest exes to live with them.....it was uncomfortable for them, but a joy for me to watch LOL.

YEEESSSS!!! Finally, you got to see it early. It's a pain when I have to wait almost 3 days for your opinion/recaps...I know, I am such an impatience bastard LOL. Anyhow, I don't understand why Soooooookie just didn't shoot that Bitch in the first place, I mean she was trying to kill her, so she had an excuse for Alcide. HELL YEAH! the King is such an asshole, I am just waiting for Eric to rip his head off any day now. Bill/Soooooookie break up was just stupid and pointless.....I mean, c'mon, they were broken up for like 15 minutes. Tara's facial expression are waaaayyyy over the top, it's almost laughable. What I don't understand is.....why is Jason sooo upset with Bill, when he basically let Bill give his Blood to Sooooooookie so she wouldn't die? His angry for Bill was completely out of the blue. At first he was like...ok Bill, give her your blood, than he turn into this....Bill, I am going to kill your ass. UGH, give this Guy something to do, PLEASE!

Oh, and Jessica's little wave and saying "Hi" to the werewolf was cute. I am loving this girl more, and more.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3004
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  mi-cuit on Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:15 am

Hahahahaha. I was actually repeating "Please don't kill of Jessica, PLEASEDON'TKILLOFFJESSICA!" out loud until I saw her with the dead werewolf at which point it was "Oh thank god." *sigh of relief*
avatar
mi-cuit
Moderator

Cancer Cat
Posts : 172
Points : 2718
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  MKing on Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:50 am

For a moment, I could have swore they were going to kill her off.

Oh, I left off two more things, maybe it's me, but Sooooookie/Alcide are starting to have way more chemistry with each other than Bill and her. That porch scene felt as if they actually knew each other for a while now. Lastly, I said it before and I'll say it again, I AM NOT A FAN OF THE BLOODY TEARS. That shit gotta go, A-SAP, it's distracting the performances. I just can't take the vampire's storyline seriously when they are crying a pool of blood.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3004
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  mi-cuit on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:21 am

LOL. yes. Sookie's getting to be quite the screen slut, and I totally agree about the vampire tears. They're not this necessary. They can stop using them. It's like in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. When they first started, they couldn't afford the vampire dusting effect, so they only did it off-screen and very rarely. In later seasons, it was super-easy and cheap, so Buffy killed 6 or 7 an episode.
avatar
mi-cuit
Moderator

Cancer Cat
Posts : 172
Points : 2718
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  MKing on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:50 am

I just recently went to see Salt. It was okay. It remains me of a few different films all rolled up into one. I still haven't seen Inception, Only reason I went to see Salt is because a friend of mine was paying, defiantly couldn't pass that up.

This movie looks promising though.........


It's been ages since I've seen Katie Holmes.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3004
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  Dinny on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:21 am

You should defs see Inception, Mking, it's a wonderful movie. It's not exactly as "mindfucky" as people make it out to be, especially if you're like me and you stay switched on and focused during movies, rather than just letting it all wash over you. It's a very fun ride, and the moments of suspense are actually really intense. And there's an interesting and relevant side-plot woven throughout the whole narrative too.

Good to hear about Salt. There was a lot of hype building up to it and I was debating whether or not I should see it, but there's my answer, huh. Wink
avatar
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat
Posts : 501
Points : 3232
Age : 25
Location : Dr. ARM's Laboratory

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  MKing on Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:22 pm

Dinny wrote:You should defs see Inception, Mking, it's a wonderful movie. It's not exactly as "mindfucky" as people make it out to be, especially if you're like me and you stay switched on and focused during movies, rather than just letting it all wash over you. It's a very fun ride, and the moments of suspense are actually really intense. And there's an interesting and relevant side-plot woven throughout the whole narrative too.

Good to hear about Salt. There was a lot of hype building up to it and I was debating whether or not I should see it, but there's my answer, huh. Wink

I really want to go see it, but something else always come along. Now, I want to go see The Expendables and the Scott Pilgrim movie , I would pull one of my old tricks, the "two/three for one" deal, but I've been such a good boy lately, there's no need to act up now. SSSSSIIIIIIIGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3004
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  Dr. ARM on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:24 am

The Scott Pilgrim movie's amazing. Enough said.
avatar
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse
Posts : 115
Points : 2644
Age : 26
Location : Aristocratic Regal Mansion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  mi-cuit on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Question to MKing: Why did nothing happen in this week's true blood?
avatar
mi-cuit
Moderator

Cancer Cat
Posts : 172
Points : 2718
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  MKing on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:34 pm

mi-cuit wrote:Question to MKing: Why did nothing happen in this week's true blood?

LOL Don't Know. I was a bit late watching it this week, I just saw it yesterday. I guess the only thing that "happened" was the reveal of what soooooookkkiiieee really is, which made no difference, nor brought any excitement to us, because well, we already knew what she was awhile ago lol. However, I did like the ending......that message to the human race was LOUD and CLEAR, it's war, BITCHES!

Oh! and we also found out that Eric's a Virgo, and a whiny little bitch LOL.

I am suppose to go see Piranha 3D with a few friends tomorrow, but IDK, 3D gives me a headache and on top that I have to drive.....so that's a double whammy.
Shaking Head
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3004
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:33 pm

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!! THEY THREW BOTTLES AT TILA TEQUILA AT A CONCERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3508
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  mi-cuit on Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:12 am

MKing wrote:
mi-cuit wrote:Question to MKing: Why did nothing happen in this week's true blood?

LOL Don't Know. I was a bit late watching it this week, I just saw it yesterday. I guess the only thing that "happened" was the reveal of what soooooookkkiiieee really is, which made no difference, nor brought any excitement to us, because well, we already knew what she was awhile ago lol. However, I did like the ending......that message to the human race was LOUD and CLEAR, it's war, BITCHES!

Oh! and we also found out that Eric's a Virgo, and a whiny little bitch LOL.

I am suppose to go see Piranha 3D with a few friends tomorrow, but IDK, 3D gives me a headache and on top that I have to drive.....so that's a double whammy.
Shaking Head

They still haven't actually SAID what she is. Alexander Skarsgard is a Virgo, so I guess they went with it. Totally agree on whiny little bitch and hating 3D.
avatar
mi-cuit
Moderator

Cancer Cat
Posts : 172
Points : 2718
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  Dinny on Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:49 am

PapiChuloLeon wrote:GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!! THEY THREW BOTTLES AT TILA TEQUILA AT A CONCERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Need to find vids... But that's fantastic. Laughing
avatar
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat
Posts : 501
Points : 3232
Age : 25
Location : Dr. ARM's Laboratory

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  MKing on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:29 pm

mi-cuit wrote:
MKing wrote:
mi-cuit wrote:Question to MKing: Why did nothing happen in this week's true blood?

LOL Don't Know. I was a bit late watching it this week, I just saw it yesterday. I guess the only thing that "happened" was the reveal of what soooooookkkiiieee really is, which made no difference, nor brought any excitement to us, because well, we already knew what she was awhile ago lol. However, I did like the ending......that message to the human race was LOUD and CLEAR, it's war, BITCHES!

Oh! and we also found out that Eric's a Virgo, and a whiny little bitch LOL.

I am suppose to go see Piranha 3D with a few friends tomorrow, but IDK, 3D gives me a headache and on top that I have to drive.....so that's a double whammy.
Shaking Head

They still haven't actually SAID what she is. Alexander Skarsgard is a Virgo, so I guess they went with it. Totally agree on whiny little bitch and hating 3D.


That's true, but you know what? a lot shows tend to do that with characters and actors, decide to just give that character the same birthday as the actor.....I don't know why, to me that just plain lazy. That's why I have a lot of respect for writers like JK Rowling, who went through the "trouble" of creating another world, and on top of that, giving each character a birth-date of their own. Anyhow, I'm getting beside myself.......ummm, but yeah, I hate 3D when it not necessary. Some movies I went to see are amazing in 3D, then there are the ones that were a complete mess, those are the ones that gives me a headache. Well I'll just have to wait and see tonight, if Piranha is worth being in 3D or not.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3004
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  StarFireSong on Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:33 pm

Good God... "Freedom Writers" is a FANTASTIC movie.

StarFireSong

Posts : 151
Points : 2634

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum