Movies and TV Shows

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Movies and TV Shows

Post  MKing on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:44 am

What have you guys been watching lately? Please Share!

Recently 4 me.........

Iron Man 2 (7/10)
Toys Story 3 (10/10)
US of Tara Season 2 (6/10)
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (9/10)

@Dinny: Speaking of The Boondocks, have you seen the new episodes. My friend (Aries), and cousin (Aqua) are not really liking this season too much, understandable, but the smokin with cigarettes episode has to be one of the best shows they created yet. That little bastard, Lamilton, is very much REAL, check youtube.

btw, can we double post? If so, that's a huge PLUS.

MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and TV Shows

Post  mi-cuit on Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:31 pm

I'm so used to Stalker's frustration that I am tempted to say no about double posting just as a reflex. I dunno. Is there a rule about that, Din?

Murch, have you seen the first two episodes of True Blood? What do you think? I'm still loving Pam and Jessica.
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith on Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:52 pm

I recently saw The Commitments, and I'm sure many of you have heard of the band (movie's about the creation of it). Half of the dialogue consisted of "tosser", "gobshite", "feck off ya fuckin' fat fucker", etc. Doesn't sound too much different from the Newfoundland dialogue I hear around here to be honest...
lilith

Cancer Cat

View user profile http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:18 pm

mi-cuit wrote:I'm so used to Stalker's frustration that I am tempted to say no about double posting just as a reflex. I dunno. Is there a rule about that, Din?

Murch, have you seen the first two episodes of True Blood? What do you think? I'm still loving Pam and Jessica.

YUP.
Spoiler:
I am loving that we are starting to see other creatures (werewolves). I know that everybody wants to see Soooooookie and Eric, get it on, but I am probably the only one that prefer them doing the whole intensely flirting, then actually fucking. Why? because on every great show, you have two characters that have amazing chemistry and once they fuck each other......it's gone (nip/tuck Julia/Christian), Should have NEVER happened. I like that Pam is becoming a regular, She's cool. I am slowly hating everything that Tara does.

@Clare: I have been watching the Skins for a while now, and talk about
funny dialogue. I have heard something that I am thinking about stealing from them and using it on my friends........
"Wanka"
"Tosser"
Some girl said something about "Are you giving me Cheek?"
Also, "Fit as a Fuck"
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith on Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:31 pm

What's The Skins? I couldn't find it on imdb.
lilith

Cancer Cat

View user profile http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:42 pm

My mistake, try Skins. It's a TV series.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:07 pm

Spoiler:
Oh God yes. I hate that sookie/eric thread anyway. I prefer Bill. That sex scene with Eric and the slave dancer in the basement was one of the least sexy things I have ever scene. Pam going like "she must have overpowered me" was hilarious though. I'm also tired of the whole tara's mom is a christian thing. enough already. BUT evan rachel wood with that crotch grab, YOWZZAH!

Also, Murch, thoughts about my avatar? Very Happy
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:46 pm

You can't go wrong with Sue Sylvester!!! Huge Plus.

Also, I am OVER, Tara and her mama.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:43 pm

mi-cuit wrote:I'm so used to Stalker's frustration that I am tempted to say no about double posting just as a reflex. I dunno. Is there a rule about that, Din?

I guess there is, but it's not really all that strict. I fixed it up for him anyway, and if you ever see a doublepost that you want to fix up, feel free to do so.

@ Murch: I haven't been watching much boondocks recently since it doesn't actually show on television here, I have to hunt the episodes online. But after I see some more of the current season, I'll let you know what I think. IMO, its all pretty good. Razz

I watched Planet 51 (yes, the Pixar kid's movie) yesterday, and I'm watching Shrek 3 later today since I heard it'll be on and I haven't seen it yet. I have it in my mind to watch pretty much everything Pixar after I remember how successful Shrek, Finding Nemo and Toy Story were. I'm also thinking that Shark Tale was underrated, I loved that movie, and at the same time was never insanely fond of Monsters Inc.

Moving away from kids movies a second, I re-watched Schindler's List recently (the adaptation with Liam Neeson, wooh). Very good movie, but I wish I understood the little-girl-in-a-red-dress metaphor better. The movie is black and white entirely but for one little girl who wears a bright red dress, and she appears twice. The first time, as the Jewish people from the ghetto are being herded in, she's walking bravely against the crowd and no-one seems to notice her, and she hides inside a building. The second time we see her is when the thin, naked, emaciated bodies of thousands of Jews are being dumped (via wheelbarrow) into a mosh pit by a bunch of Nazis, and the little girl in the red dress is dead and on a wheelbarrow, still clothed.
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:02 pm

Well, when you get the chance, just watch that episode I mentioned. As far for the other shows, they are just ok.

Never seen Schindler's List, or Monsters Inc.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. ARM on Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:33 pm

Dinny wrote:Very good movie, but I wish I understood the little-girl-in-a-red-dress metaphor better. The movie is black and white entirely but for one little girl who wears a bright red dress, and she appears twice. The first time, as the Jewish people from the ghetto are being herded in, she's walking bravely against the crowd and no-one seems to notice her, and she hides inside a building. The second time we see her is when the thin, naked, emaciated bodies of thousands of Jews are being dumped (via wheelbarrow) into a mosh pit by a bunch of Nazis, and the little girl in the red dress is dead and on a wheelbarrow, still clothed.

The girl in the red dress is a symbol of purity bearing witness to and later becoming victimized by the atrocities carried out by the Nazi party. Schindler relates to her the most out of the many millions of whom died during the holocaust as it's easy to get lost in the numbers. She becomes the embodiment of all the victims in Schindler's mind and carries with her a small sliver of hope as she walks unharmed. This hope is transformed into despair when he sees the red rags on the wheelbarrow, and he wonders how the Nazis could attack and destroy something so innocent.
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit on Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:56 pm

Am I a moderator yet? *wonders*

I haven't seen Schindler's List.
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:37 pm

mi-cuit wrote:Am I a moderator yet? *wonders*

I haven't seen Schindler's List.

Oh... You should be. I made you one the second you joined. But now I'm not so sure, because I realized your name isn't a different color. I'll look into it right away. It worked for ARM. You'll know when I've succeeded when your name changes color.

Edit: Alright, the issue has been resolved in it's entirety, and so I'd like to end the discussion of it here. Mi-cuit and other users should read this for their own information.

On-Topic, I saw National Lampoon's European Vacation yesterday... It was awesome. Razz
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit on Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:24 am

Thanks, Din! Very Happy
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:21 am

mi-cuit,

Spoiler:
True Blood pretty much got out of hand, last night. That scene with, Bill and Lorena was......god, I have no words. So much for finding a paper bag, huh? I don't really know how I feel about the new Vampire. He looks like a crackhead. He looks as though he has had any blood in months. I laughed so hard when he out fanged Jessica. His fangs look weird, they are hilariously long. LOL @Jason saying something about "Andy don't even know half of the shit on this test".....I was thinking to myself; so true, majority of police officer don't know half of that shit. Pammy, got to eat some pie last night LOL. She is pure comic gold, that Pammy! Something that I thought was cool at first, but now I am starting to hate......the bloody tears. It's becoming a problem for me, it's a bit much. How can anyone take Bill and Jessica crying scenes serious, when they are crying a pool of blood. Its distracting that's all. I can't wait to see what you have to say about last night episode. Also, do you watch Vampire Diaries? It's very PG-13, but it's not bad at all......better than that Twilight shit.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit on Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:19 am

All right. This is waaaaaay past its due date, but I have finally seen the third true blood episode.

Spoiler:
Jesus. Vampire sex scenes are seriously seriously not sexy (pam and yvetta excluded. "tilt your head back and think of Estonia." LOL). The Bill-Lorena scene made no sense to me. He got so angry he twisted her head around and fucked her? What the hell? That weird vibrating thing with Franklin and Tara was also weird. What do you think about the addition of werewolves? The cast is already crowded enough, and they are pushing other characters into the background. I wonder when they're going to introduce Sookie's past. I enjoyed the bar brawl though. It was fun.
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:07 am

mi-cuit wrote:All right. This is waaaaaay past its due date, but I have finally seen the third true blood episode.

Spoiler:
Jesus. Vampire sex scenes are seriously seriously not sexy (pam and yvetta excluded. "tilt your head back and think of Estonia." LOL). The Bill-Lorena scene made no sense to me. He got so angry he twisted her head around and fucked her? What the hell? That weird vibrating thing with Franklin and Tara was also weird. What do you think about the addition of werewolves? The cast is already crowded enough, and they are pushing other characters into the background. I wonder when they're going to introduce Sookie's past. I enjoyed the bar brawl though. It was fun.

They took it to another level with that Bill/Lorena thing. I still can't get that shit out of my head. As for the werewolves, I have no problem with them being introduce. It's probably a problem for people who are fans of the minor characters (Pam, the waitress, Jessica etc...), somehow the crowed cast works for True Blood. I am finding myself more interested in the side stories than the main ones, every single week.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:20 pm

I do not watch much television at all but I do like Two and a Half Men. Movies? My all time favorite is probably Shawshank Redemption but there are a lot that I really like.

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:15 am

MKing wrote:
mi-cuit wrote:All right. This is waaaaaay past its due date, but I have finally seen the third true blood episode.

Spoiler:

They took it to another level with that Bill/Lorena thing. I still can't get that shit out of my head. As for the werewolves, I have no problem with them being introduce. It's probably a problem for people who are fans of the minor characters (Pam, the waitress, Jessica etc...), somehow the crowed cast works for True Blood. I am finding myself more interested in the side stories than the main ones, every single week.

Pam has been promoted to series regular! We'll be seeing a lot more of her, and that is good news because I am mostly a fan of the minor characters (Pam, Jessica, and Hoyt).

EDIT: MKING!!!
Spoiler:
YOWZAH! that was an interesting episode. Didn't take me as long to watch it this time around. Bill is apparently a pretty creepy vamp. Procurer? Is that like pimp? Is this seriously for Sookie's benefit or has he just snapped and gone on all out revenge on Lorena? Pam is still amazing. Jessica looks SMOKING in her little waitress outfit. That Sookie scene with Alcide was odd. She's crying and suddenly she's intensely attracted to him? Odd. Also that line where she goes "you're so warm, I'm not used to it" is a bit too close to Twilight for comfort. Why did they have to carry over the vampires are cold, werewolves are hot thing. "I thought you were coming down with the flu or something?" Worst line EVER. New vamp is a stalker/kidnapper/psychopath, as you predicted. Razz Thoughts?
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:24 am

mi-cuit wrote:
MKing wrote:

Spoiler:

Pam has been promoted to series regular! We'll be seeing a lot more of her, and that is good news because I am mostly a fan of the minor characters (Pam, Jessica, and Hoyt).

EDIT: MKING!!!
Spoiler:
YOWZAH! that was an interesting episode. Didn't take me as long to watch it this time around. Bill is apparently a pretty creepy vamp. Procurer? Is that like pimp? Is this seriously for Sookie's benefit or has he just snapped and gone on all out revenge on Lorena? Pam is still amazing. Jessica looks SMOKING in her little waitress outfit. That Sookie scene with Alcide was odd. She's crying and suddenly she's intensely attracted to him? Odd. Also that line where she goes "you're so warm, I'm not used to it" is a bit too close to Twilight for comfort. Why did they have to carry over the vampires are cold, werewolves are hot thing. "I thought you were coming down with the flu or something?" Worst line EVER. New vamp is a stalker/kidnapper/psychopath, as you predicted. Razz Thoughts?

Spoiler:
I am glad you were able to see it earlier this time around . The new Vampire is beyond creepy, and as I said before he looks like a crackhead and Tara is not making the storyline any better (making those stupid faces). Just how old is the new vampire? Bill is losing it, he has probably gone off the deep end. You can tell that he has a dark past and probably been through a whole lot, now all of his darkness is coming into the light. Sooooooooooooookkkkkkkieeeee is so weird. Poor Pammy, caught up in all of this mess, just because of her master/owner/father/maker's bullshit with the Queen.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:58 am

But didn't you love the part where he taped the flowers into her hands? I LOLed.
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:56 am

mi-cuit wrote:But didn't you love the part where he taped the flowers into her hands? I LOLed.

LOL Yes and the scene when she was taped to the toilet.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong on Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:35 pm

Anyone watching the new series "Chasing Mummies" on the History Channel? It premiered on Wednesday night & features Dr. Zahi Hawass. I'm watching the first episode right now. Very cool.

StarFireSong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arikus on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:45 pm

MKing.
I saw The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.
I thought it was really good, very well done.
I also think whatever language it was in sounds really cool (Swedish?)

With that said I'm going to go see Inception later today.
I've only heard good things about it and the trailers looked great.
Arikus

Title : Resourcerer
Aquarius Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:07 pm

Arikus wrote:MKing.
I saw The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.
I thought it was really good, very well done.
I also think whatever language it was in sounds really cool (Swedish?)

With that said I'm going to go see Inception later today.
I've only heard good things about it and the trailers looked great.

Hell Yeah!
That's just the first part of the trilogy, there are two more movies; The Girl who Plays with Fire, and The Girl who Kicks the Hornet Nest. They are pretty awesome, as well.

Lisbeth Salander, Kicks Ass. BIG TIME.

I haven't seen Inception, yet, I heard nothing but good things about that movie.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top