What is the key to happiness?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is the key to happiness?

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:52 pm

I think it's acting like a little kid.

You're the only one living your life. Kids always put themselves first and act like the world revolves around them. They always find ways to do what they want and know no shame. Little kids are willing to do crazy things and learn. Kids know how to make the most simple things, playing in the sandbox for example, fun and exciting.

I don't believe in that girly whatever makes you happy makes me happy shit.
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the key to happiness?

Post  Dinny on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:53 pm

Egh I don't know. That sounds like a surefire way to be happy if you don't have a conscience, but my moral conviction would be too strong to live constantly as though I were putting myself first. I put myself second to everyone else, even if people are absolutely horrible to me, because it's simply the right thing to do. The world needs more people like that.

An old lady dropped a $50 today. I saw people eying it and obviously wanting it for themselves, but I snatched it before anyone else could and chased her down. I don't think I've seen anyone that grateful/happy in years.

Those are the moments that make me really happy. No amount of self-indulgence could amount to that. Martydom is something of my key to happiness, because in the end, happiness means something entirely different to every person. The things I derive happiness from others may not derive happiness from, and vice versa.

ˎ͓͜٨͓ˏ Darden Evageline.: As you said before, 'girls become bored'.

Dr. ARM: Not of me. <3

Dr. ARM has been kicked by Kira Ayase.
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:11 pm

Dinny wrote:Egh I don't know. That sounds like a surefire way to be happy if you don't have a conscience, but my moral conviction would be too strong to live constantly as though I were putting myself first. I put myself second to everyone else, even if people are absolutely horrible to me, because it's simply the right thing to do. The world needs more people like that.

An old lady dropped a $50 today. I saw people eying it and obviously wanting it for themselves, but I snatched it before anyone else could and chased her down. I don't think I've seen anyone that grateful/happy in years.

Those are the moments that make me really happy. No amount of self-indulgence could amount to that. Martydom is something of my key to happiness, because in the end, happiness means something entirely different to every person. The things I derive happiness from others may not derive happiness from, and vice versa.
Really? Weren't you bragging about how you can MAKE your boyfriend do what YOU WANT HIM TO DO?
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:33 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:Egh I don't know. That sounds like a surefire way to be happy if you don't have a conscience, but my moral conviction would be too strong to live constantly as though I were putting myself first. I put myself second to everyone else, even if people are absolutely horrible to me, because it's simply the right thing to do. The world needs more people like that.

Really? Weren't you bragging about how you can MAKE your boyfriend do what YOU WANT HIM TO DO?

Bragging not = fact stating. ARM will do something if I need him to do it, I can depend on him. I don't exploit him.

ˎ͓͜٨͓ˏ Darden Evageline.: As you said before, 'girls become bored'.

Dr. ARM: Not of me. <3

Dr. ARM has been kicked by Kira Ayase.
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:32 pm

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women! That is what's best in life.
Argent Fang

Title : Fledgling Author/Bounty Hunter
Gemini Dog

View user profile http://www.argentfangs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Lots of good sex!!

Hell, I don't know. I'm sure it's a little different for everyone. In my experience, giving more than you take is key. I still give to myself and others give to me so I am good, but giving to someone else without expecting anything in return, without having to give, gives you a feeling of satisfaction, of contentment, of happiness that nothing else seems to. Remember, when people are joking, they are dead serious; when they are serious, they are hysterical. (or something like that ~Jim Morrison)

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wags on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:45 am

Depends on the person. Not everyone derives pleasure from the same source.

For me, it's keeping an open mind, and taking in an objective view of everything around me. These two go hand-in-hand. I'm not going to pretend like I am an objective observer; I strive towards it. There are always new variables to consider. Not striving towards this would mean I pick and choose what appeals to me and disregard the other pieces. The result would be a narrow-minded take on reality when so many other perspectives remain. Better to obtain an accurate view, and then decide what it means to me.

I think this is exactly why they teach you to draw still-lifes and real subjects in art "as they are" before you go on to more imaginative/abstract subjects. Abstract takes from real. Not vice versa (er, I don't think so anyway.)

On keeping an open mind... If I were to create expectations for myself that I couldn't hold up to, then of course I wouldn't be happy for a while. If I instead make loose goals for myself and leave areas open to change or work around, I think that's a much better way to go about it. Sort of a "mutable" approach. The ability to be flexible and take things as they come. Life will not conform exactly to my plans.

One specific thing that makes me happy is knowing I've made someone smile or laugh. I might make a goober out of myself, but as long as I'm reminding people to laugh and be happy even if just briefly, then I'm happy. If they're cheered up and feeling better, more plus.
Wags

Aries Goat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top