The Thread about Health

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Thread about Health

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:17 pm

I live in America, so I see a lot of girls who are nice kids that are decent looking. America also has a weight problem. Quite a few decent women are carrying some extra weight, but they still seem good. How much extra weight is too much for you? I would be very interested in what MURCHINSON has to say. I know black kids like "thick girls".

I never let a little tummy stop me before. Too much is simply too much though.
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Thread about Health

Post  MKing on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:33 am

Weight issues have always been a problem in America. Being a big guy myself I don't pay as much attention to it as I should, and I think that's because I play football (or flag) with friends and I never really had a problem with the weight coming off of me. I think that if I were a female I would probably be more obsessed, but than again I am a Black male and If you haven't notice a lot of our people (women anyway) are bigger, especially in certain areas like hips, ass, boobs. Never stop me before either, I actually prefer my girl to have some meat on her body. My ex was around 140, and she thought that she was bigger than a house, but I didn't mind, I told her that if she wants to lose weight then go ahead, but don't make it a unhealthy obsession because that's what can happen. She order these pills that begin with a P (I forgot the name) and after awhile she started to look like bobble head, everything up top was getting smaller but her bottom half still looked the same. When I was younger my grandfather would say that if you went around worrying about how big a girl look, you would probably never get any ass. As I got older it's kinda true because if you look around almost every girl in America is considered big, overweight, or obese. On a serious note: Americans should take it more seriously, but I know that I don't, and I would be lying to you if I said that I did.

EDIT: Seems like I wrote a bunch shit up there. I need to learn how to start a new paragraph whenever I am running on with words. Oh yeah, another thing you will be surprise how many other races are into bigger girls as well. I think that for black guys it comes natural to us because we are so use to seeing women in our family being bigger.........and NOT "PRECIOUS BIG", but "curvy big", you see what I am say?
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:32 am

MKing (Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:33 pm) wrote:Weight issues have always been a problem in America. Being a big guy myself I don't pay as much attention to it as I should, and I think that's because I play football (or flag) with friends and I never really had a problem with the weight coming off of me. I think that if I were a female I would probably be more obsessed, but than again I am a Black male and If you haven't notice a lot of our people (women anyway) are bigger, especially in certain areas like hips, ass, boobs. Never stop me before either, I actually prefer my girl to have some meat on her body. My ex was around 140, and she thought that she was bigger than a house, but I didn't mind, I told her that if she wants to lose weight then go ahead, but don't make it a unhealthy obsession because that's what can happen. She order these pills that begin with a P (I forgot the name) and after awhile she started to look like bobble head, everything up top was getting smaller but her bottom half still looked the same. When I was younger my grandfather would say that if you went around worrying about how big a girl look, you would probably never get any ass. As I got older it's kinda true because if you look around almost every girl in America is considered big, overweight, or obese. On a serious note: Americans should take it more seriously, but I know that I don't, and I would be lying to you if I said that I did.

EDIT: Seems like I wrote a bunch shit up there. I need to learn how to start a new paragraph whenever I am running on with words. Oh yeah, another thing you will be surprise how many other races are into bigger girls as well. I think that for black guys it comes natural to us because we are so use to seeing women in our family being bigger.........and NOT "PRECIOUS BIG", but "curvy big", you see what I am say?
Sounds like she was just being black. Very Happy

I had this crazy friend who ended up leaving his girl because she didn't lose 10 pounds by the deadline they agreed on.

I'm busy, so I'll give a long reply to your post later today.
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:37 am

Shaking Head

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
I had this crazy friend who ended up leaving his girl because she didn't lose 10 pounds by the deadline they agreed on.

EDIT: WTF happen to the other Gif?
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:06 pm

MKing wrote: Shaking Head

PapiChuloLeon wrote:

EDIT: WTF happen to the other Gif?
Do things come easier to you because you have the black genetics? I knew a black couch potato whose favorite thing to do was play vidoe games, and he never even did anything physical. He had video game parties and the whole 9. Anyways, he had a 6 pack and everything.

I'm a couch potato as of now, and what I have is a slight outline for a 4 pack.

LEON likes girls who are a bit round, but that's where it stops. If you spend too much time with her, her eating habits will develop onto you too. I gotta keep my sexy self thin.
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:49 pm

How much extra weight is OK? Honestly it depends on the person. Some people are carrying around a bit more and they look awesome, others don't. Some people carry around more and are still healthy/fit, others not. If ARM was, say, my height, but the same weight, I can assure you that would be "too much" for me.

I'm more lenient about how much extra weight I can tolerate with guys than I am with girls.

I still hate my weight, but I feel like giving up. I go to the gym 5 - 6 out of 7 days a week and I work pretty hard, and I eat right and drink at least 2L of water a day but I still have ponch. I don't have weight on my upper body, its all on the lower abdomen down. And even then not really because my thighs are reasonably sized. Its just my fucking midsection, basically. I look like I'm in the early stages of pregnancy if you take my silhouette, and it's been that way for years.

I read on a medical website that that can be formed in early puberty... if you're fat in early puberty (I was) you will put on extra visceral fat (its like padding for the womb, to protect your kid when you get pregnant) and it can only be removed by liposuction. So I will probably look into it someday.

ˎ͓͜٨͓ˏ Darden Evageline.: As you said before, 'girls become bored'.

Dr. ARM: Not of me. <3

Dr. ARM has been kicked by Kira Ayase.
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:26 am

Dinny wrote:How much extra weight is OK? Honestly it depends on the person. Some people are carrying around a bit more and they look awesome, others don't. Some people carry around more and are still healthy/fit, others not. If ARM was, say, my height, but the same weight, I can assure you that would be "too much" for me.

I'm more lenient about how much extra weight I can tolerate with guys than I am with girls.

I still hate my weight, but I feel like giving up. I go to the gym 5 - 6 out of 7 days a week and I work pretty hard, and I eat right and drink at least 2L of water a day but I still have ponch. I don't have weight on my upper body, its all on the lower abdomen down. And even then not really because my thighs are reasonably sized. Its just my fucking midsection, basically. I look like I'm in the early stages of pregnancy if you take my silhouette, and it's been that way for years.

I read on a medical website that that can be formed in early puberty... if you're fat in early puberty (I was) you will put on extra visceral fat (its like padding for the womb, to protect your kid when you get pregnant) and it can only be removed by liposuction. So I will probably look into it someday.
"Tall girls", around my height, can get away with more. "Extra" can stands out like a sore thumb on shorter frames.

Isn't ARM bodybuilder status? Very Happy

I think I remember what you look like. Your self description sounds Piscean. Lots of fish characters I knew had this roundness to them.

I never heard of puberty fat staying with people before. The way you're describing it to me makes it sound like a female exclusive thing?
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:52 pm

@Dinny: My response can be applied to your comment in the pictures thread. First, Thanks 4 liking the pictures, Dinny, you always have good things to say about the pictures I post.

Honestly Dinny, Hands down you have one of the best looking bodies I have ever seen. I love girls with an hour glass looking figure, have somewhat of an ass, and of course nice boobs. I am not into girls with narrow looking bodies, that look like a rectangle shape, no ass in the back, and then to top it off, no breast at all, to me it's like you might as well fuck a kid.

MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:06 am

MKing wrote:My black AZZ likes BIG beautiful white women!

Shocked
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:53 pm

True health is so much more than your physique. I agree that Americans are overweight. I also agree that a little weight is not the end of the world. But, I think that true health and weight are very closely connected. I'm just checking in here briefly (lurking) but thought I'd respond to this one, since I am the resident old guy and probably have more health issues than the rest of you. So, I'm not going to go in depth here, just give you some points to ponder...

Dental Health - most important IMO. The things that hurt your teeth also affect your weight...hmmm. But, the most important fact about dental health is that if you have tooth decay or gum disease your body is constantly fighting that infection. How does your body fight infection? As your body is fighting the constant open infections you will get inflammation in all other areas. Your red to white cell levels get screwed. What causes most cancers? Also, now that your mouth is all messed up and your teeth have been pulled (or replaced) or whatever, now you can't eat certain foods so you opt for over-cooking your foods (bye-bye nutrients) or eating soft foods which are generally higher in fats and carbs. What does your body do with fats and carbs? Yeah...now you're feeling sluggish and not being very active...guess what happens. I wish I had time to write this out where it makes sense but since I don't just bare with me...you get the idea, I hope. Anyway, as your triglyceride levels go crazy and your cholesterol levels get screwed and your body is constantly trying to battle itself, what happens? Well, one side has to lose. My cholesterol is 206 (I know!!), I'm 6' 1" and back up to 207 lbs. My back started acting stupid again in late September (just had another epidural steroid injection last Tuesday) so I haven't been working out, doing yoga or even riding my bike!! Plus, it's cold and I'm a pussy. Anyway. Take the time to think about how your body and different systems work. It all starts with what you put in your mouth. Put junk in, guess what happens. Put junk in and don't maintain the body, guess what happens? Mental health? I'm a firm believer in the powers of the mind. You will adjust yourself to whatever image you hold. If you are feeling lethargic and down from all the sugars you have ingested, you will tell yourself you feel like crap and then guess what happens? You will adapt to fit your own self image...you will feel like crap. You have to. Your brain thinks "lift your left hand", your body will lift your left hand. Your brain thinks "I'm fat and I feel like crap", your body will become fat and feel like crap...no choice.

My advice?

• Take care of your teeth. I don't mean get them whitened. Do get them cleaned regularly and floss daily. Get them straightened if needed...this is more than just a cosmetic flaw.
• Take care of your eyes. Science hasn't figured out how to replace these yet.
• Take care of your back. This one will happen naturally if you watch what you stick in your mouth and exercise regularly...and use a little common sense.
• Get plenty of sleep. I am so guilty of this. I average 3-4 hours of sleep a night. So did my father. He died at age 55.
• Watch what you put in your mouth. Stick to the basics!! Not just "food" here people. Stay away from processed foods, chemicals (western medicine!), etc. Eat what the earth provides for you. Grow a garden.
• Exercise!! yes, it sucks at first. It is hard to do some days. it gets easier the more you do it. It is ok if you miss a day. it is NOT ok if you miss a week or a month or stop altogether.
• Live, love, laugh. Yeah, I know. But, it's true.

My father died at age 55. He had diabetes and cancer but it was a heart attack that killed him. My mother is lying in a hospital right now with a broken back. She is age 70. She fell last week in my kitchen. She is overweight and has trouble walking (and talking) because she has had six strokes. She has emphysema. She still smokes cigarettes to this day. She has since 1953! All the issues my parents have/had can be prevented.

My wife has lupus. We're still working on how to live with that. Inflammation causes so much more than arthritis.

Take care.

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:57 am

I'll admit, I'm a tad overweight and I honestly, I like it. I was a skinny runt when I was much younger and the sight of my ribcage used to absolutely repulse me, I used to feel sick looking at my bony body. I might've been a lot more superficially attractive providing that I stayed in that same BMI category, I'd rather see a couple of stretch marks than my ribcage. Since I've gotten to College, I haven't exactly treated my body in the greatest of manners due to my old schedule of what consisted of virtually "WORK WORK WORK WORK". I'm about 200-210lbs and 6"2, which isn't all that healthy I admit. I could honestly with some exercise every now and then but the time constricts I have, I barely even get enough time to sleep, let alone exercise. My diet could be a bit better too, I drink like mad and eat maybe twice a day... Not bad, but could do with some improving!

In my view of others and weight, if I was with someone, I'd rather they'd be on the chubby side as opposed to skinny. For one, I would feel safe that they are well and not starving themselves in the sake of vanity. Also, I find a chubbier figure really rather sexy. Razz

One notion of advice, sleep as much as you can and avoid all nighters unless they are vitally necessary, and I must repeat it is vital. I've done so many all nighters that my body can probably sleep up to 14 hours in one go if I'm tired enough. It's all well and good if you want work done, but you'll notice that you'll fail at doing pretty much the basic of stuff ever. Avoid energy drinks and eat a lot of fruit, sounds nuts but it's a great move!

Monty

Leo Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:19 pm

@ Mking: Thank you! That's very kind of you to say!

@ Guest: I read all of that and agreed. While I'll probably be quick to agree with the power of suggestion and all that, I don't think you can compare lifting a hand to getting fat. If you think you want to lift your hand, you initiate a nerve pathway. If you think you're fat, I don't think your nerves make you fat. I get where you're going, but if you think you're fat, then you will be by your own perception, yes, but you won't actually <i>be</i> fat.

Sorry about your wife, too. My mother has advanced lupus now. Has been dealing with it for many many years (since before I was born) and it seems like a horrible thing to live with.

Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:23 pm

I agree that it isn't quite the same technically, just tried to make a point but obviously failed to do so...lol. We (humans) are very much in tune to our minds. It's been a while since I've read up on any of this so I may not make it as clear as I'd like to. Anyway. Think of it as having an internal compass. Let's say the "normal" compass points due North. Let's call North "thin". But, for whatever reasons you think that you are fat, that your internal compass points South. You will subconsciously steer yourself toward your vision of yourself. If you are losing weight, you will say to yourself, "No, my compass heads South" and you will sabotage any plan that tries to steer you in any direction other than the one you "know" you are headed.

Keep telling a B student he's a screw up, a D student, and he will become a D student. We rise or fall to our expectations, internal and external. Tell a child he is no good her entire life and she will do everything she can to make you right.

Taurus Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:44 pm

I tore the tendons in my ankle. I'm on crutches for the first time in my life.

Taurus Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:20 pm

Guest wrote:I tore the tendons in my ankle. I'm on crutches for the first time in my life.
Did you have fun doing what you did that caused the injury? Very Happy
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:53 pm

No...kicked a heavy bag. I thought I might have fractured one of the bones in my right foot (burning pain) and then my left ankle (pivot foot) started hurting. That was last Thursday. My ankle was really swollen and hurting by Saturday. I kept doing stuff and then twisted it again. Went to another doctor today...yep, tore a tendon in my left ankle. I switched the crutches for a big ol' boot that I have to wear for 4-6 weeks.

Taurus Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:31 pm

Guest wrote:No...kicked a heavy bag. I thought I might have fractured one of the bones in my right foot (burning pain) and then my left ankle (pivot foot) started hurting. That was last Thursday. My ankle was really swollen and hurting by Saturday. I kept doing stuff and then twisted it again. Went to another doctor today...yep, tore a tendon in my left ankle. I switched the crutches for a big ol' boot that I have to wear for 4-6 weeks.
kickboxing or muay thai?
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:17 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:muay thai?

MUAY THAI???

BOOOOOYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Not everyone practice ALL of that crazy ASIAN SHIT, like you do.
Shaking Head

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:42 am

MKing wrote:

MUAY THAI???

BOOOOOYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Shaking Head

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Haha, my personal trainer is a Muai Thai master and a competent boxer. She makes me do both of those things a lot. She brought her proper mitts to training today for me (the gym's mitts are not so good), they were 12 oz, too heavy for my tiny little hands and wrists, but it was okay. At least it didn't feel like my wrists were breaking by the end.

Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:51 am

Dinny wrote:
MKing wrote:

MUAY THAI???

BOOOOOYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Shaking Head

Haha, my personal trainer is a Muai Thai master and a competent boxer. She makes me do both of those things a lot. She brought her proper mitts to training today for me (the gym's mitts are not so good), they were 12 oz, too heavy for my tiny little hands and wrists, but it was okay. At least it didn't feel like my wrists were breaking by the end.
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top