Tendency towards an element

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tendency towards an element

Post  Wags on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:24 pm

You may have a particular sign in mind whenever you think of the type of person you're looking for a in a relationship, but do you also tend to go for an elemental quality as well? Which one(s) and why?

Water: Emotional
Air: Intellectual
Earth: Physical, material
Fire: Spiritual

I notice that watery/airy people appeal to me. My longest and current relationship happens to be with a Cancer. I also like nerds and complete goofballs. Or just someone who operates on my level mentally and emotionally. Sensitivity is a plus, don't want some inconsiderate arse Razz

Why not Earth: Bad experience with a Taurean guy, and I'm just more interested in them as good friends. They seem caught up in status or what's currently going on, which is strange to note about them. Capricorns not so much. Taureans, yes. I think if I met the right Virgo guy, I could hit it off with that sign. Guys who are particular and nit-picky can be cute, if it's not too extreme or anything, and I like the Mercury influence. (I'm open to girls of this sign, or any sign, but it's different as most tend to have good hygiene anyway).

Why not Fire: They can be sensitive too, but I find that it's too often buried underneath other traits that they'd rather project. They get more caught up with ideas or plans and don't spend very much time thinking about how something makes them feel. I'm no dweller of emotions myself, but... I still feel like something's missing with fire signs. Love the energy and zest for life, love the way they think, just don't like how inconsiderate they're capable of being.
avatar
Wags

Aries Goat
Posts : 67
Points : 2641
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:51 pm

Wags wrote:You may have a particular sign in mind whenever you think of the type of person you're looking for a in a relationship, but do you also tend to go for an elemental quality as well? Which one(s) and why?

Water: Emotional
Air: Intellectual
Earth: Physical, material
Fire: Spiritual

I notice that watery/airy people appeal to me. My longest and current relationship happens to be with a Cancer. I also like nerds and complete goofballs. Or just someone who operates on my level mentally and emotionally. Sensitivity is a plus, don't want some inconsiderate arse Razz

Why not Earth: Bad experience with a Taurean guy, and I'm just more interested in them as good friends. They seem caught up in status or what's currently going on, which is strange to note about them. Capricorns not so much. Taureans, yes. I think if I met the right Virgo guy, I could hit it off with that sign. Guys who are particular and nit-picky can be cute, if it's not too extreme or anything, and I like the Mercury influence. (I'm open to girls of this sign, or any sign, but it's different as most tend to have good hygiene anyway).

Why not Fire: They can be sensitive too, but I find that it's too often buried underneath other traits that they'd rather project. They get more caught up with ideas or plans and don't spend very much time thinking about how something makes them feel. I'm no dweller of emotions myself, but... I still feel like something's missing with fire signs. Love the energy and zest for life, love the way they think, just don't like how inconsiderate they're capable of being.
Taurus and Leo

with some water going on in their charts of course

Just like that.
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3603
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:59 am

Taurus status concerned but not Capricorn? wtf
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3603
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  MKing on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:20 am

Wags wrote:
I notice that watery/airy people appeal to me. My longest and current relationship happens to be with a Cancer. I also like nerds and complete goofballs. Or just someone who operates on my level mentally and emotionally. Sensitivity is a plus, don't want some inconsiderate arse Razz

I have to agree with you on the water part. There is something about watery signs that gets to me, but I can't put my finger on it. I also like women that aren't afraid of being nerdy, weird, or a complete goofball, I find that so sexy in a person because it let's me know that such and such are not afraid of being who they are around me. And there is nothing, NOTHING more sexy than attractive girl being nerdy. Unfortunately, I have never dated any girls like that before, my exes either had too much self esteem, or not enough at all.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3099
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  Wags on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:58 pm

I think it's that they're so creative and imaginative and off in their own worlds. Sort of embracing an inner child which makes them more real and charming than someone who's so grounded in reality "as it is" or something, I dunno. It's hard for me to pinpoint exactly what I like about them as well. They look like they belong in an alternate realm where things make more sense there than here.

Trouble finding a nerdy girl? You could probably find one depending on how you steer conversations with women. I suck at advice, but I'm sure there's gotta be a woman, perhaps one you know personally, who embrace the inner nerd. Maybe she carries herself in a contrary way which throws you off.

PapiChuloLeon wrote:Taurus status concerned but not Capricorn? wtf

The ones I know in real life fit this. Not that they're obsessed with it, moreso preoccupied with it at times. A friend recently got a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and he'll make sure to remind people of this every so often.

People kind of do this anyway as a means to update what's going on or what they've achieved so... I don't know. Maybe I take that back. Not solely a Taurean trait.
avatar
Wags

Aries Goat
Posts : 67
Points : 2641
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:30 pm

Wags wrote:I think it's that they're so creative and imaginative and off in their own worlds. Sort of embracing an inner child which makes them more real and charming than someone who's so grounded in reality "as it is" or something, I dunno. It's hard for me to pinpoint exactly what I like about them as well. They look like they belong in an alternate realm where things make more sense there than here.

Trouble finding a nerdy girl? You could probably find one depending on how you steer conversations with women. I suck at advice, but I'm sure there's gotta be a woman, perhaps one you know personally, who embrace the inner nerd. Maybe she carries herself in a contrary way which throws you off.

PapiChuloLeon wrote:Taurus status concerned but not Capricorn? wtf

The ones I know in real life fit this. Not that they're obsessed with it, moreso preoccupied with it at times. A friend recently got a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and he'll make sure to remind people of this every so often.

People kind of do this anyway as a means to update what's going on or what they've achieved so... I don't know. Maybe I take that back. Not solely a Taurean trait.

I know some nerdy girls. They all have some Virgo/Pisces action going on. Neutral

Earth influences is coo too. Earth helps them with being financially responsible. Not an overload though, LEON likes flashy flamboyant people.

Non fixed signs aren't ever able to stay in my life for whatever reason. There's an AZZtrological theory that fixed signs have this special kind of respect for one another, I happen to be a triple fixed sign.
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3603
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  MKing on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:41 pm

Wags wrote:
Trouble finding a nerdy girl? You could probably find one depending on how you steer conversations with women. I suck at advice, but I'm sure there's gotta be a woman, perhaps one you know personally, who embrace the inner nerd. Maybe she carries herself in a contrary way which throws you off.

That's true. Funny that you mentioned the last part, because there was this one girl awhile back who I had became so close with and I started to feel at some point that she wasn't being real with me. I started to feel like everything she did was an act, for instance she would pretend to be really ditzy and say things really off the wall, and I started to feel that she was only doing that so that I could explain it to her, as if being a dumb girl was something that I liked. One time her own mother called her out in front of me saying something like why do you act like that (loud and dumb) whenever Murchison comes around. I never said anything to her about it, and I kinda regret not doing so, we aren't as close anymore, tho. Oh, she's a Sag btw.

That Taurus status thing is somewhat true. My boy has a Tau Moon, and he loves LOVES to talk/flash his money all the time, but then again he is an Aries with Cap Asc, so flashing money may come natural to him lol.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3099
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  Wags on Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:57 pm

Haha yeah, though I'm the opposite and I've got Taurus moon too. Hoard and sit on it is my philosophy when it comes to money. I figure I'll get it circulating eventually. Plus, you get more attention from money-seekers when you go out and flaunt. Maybe it's the difference in generations, how old is your son?

Well I'm glad you didn't give her the attention she wanted by acting like that. I've known so many ditzy girls. Funny thing is, while most guys including yourself see that as a woman degrading herself, some seem to like it. In high school I knew this Hispanic girl in tennis class who would play the ditz card to attract boys. And the fact that English wasn't her first language made it easier for her to do this.

Funniest thing she said though was, "Billyyy, will you train me the racket?"

I about fell over when I heard that. If they can do it effectively, more power to them? If not, it's a case much like your Sagittarius friend.

PapiChuloLeon:
Interesting taste. Don't know about flamboyant, but Taurus women have class.

http://www.celebrityhairphotos.org/women/cate-blanchett-1940s-updo-hairstyle-29
avatar
Wags

Aries Goat
Posts : 67
Points : 2641
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  lilith on Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:38 pm

Yes, there are way too many women who act ditzy on purpose and I find them very hard to connect with. Women of the first half of the century would be ashamed, and that's a good reason why I'm not a feminist. Hopefully some of those girls you two know will figure it out eventually. I wouldn't find it attractive at all if I were male.
avatar
lilith

Cancer Cat
Posts : 289
Points : 2932
Age : 29
Location : Canada

View user profile http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  MKing on Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:55 pm

Wags wrote:Haha yeah, though I'm the opposite and I've got Taurus moon too. Hoard and sit on it is my philosophy when it comes to money. I figure I'll get it circulating eventually. Plus, you get more attention from money-seekers when you go out and flaunt. Maybe it's the difference in generations, how old is your son?

Whenever I say "my boy" I mean as in best friend/someone like a brother to me, totally my fault, sometimes I write like the way I speak, and that's a real bad habit of mine. I don't have a problem with my friend when he flashes his money around, because he doesn't come off as annoying as others I have seen. He is more laid back and cool with the way he does it, and not all HA HA HA I have money and you don't.

Wags wrote:Well I'm glad you didn't give her the attention she wanted by acting like that. I've known so many ditzy girls. Funny thing is, while most guys including yourself see that as a woman degrading herself, some seem to like it. In high school I knew this Hispanic girl in tennis class who would play the ditz card to attract boys. And the fact that English wasn't her first language made it easier for her to do this.

Funniest thing she said though was, "Billyyy, will you train me the racket?"

I about fell over when I heard that. If they can do it effectively, more power to them? If not, it's a case much like your Sagittarius friend.

You're right....more power to them. I don't see anything wrong with being ditzy as far as a flirting method goes, but the problem I have is when a person take it to a whole other level and it becomes your persona all day, everyday, eventually that once was a turn on soon becomes a turn off.

Wags wrote:
http://www.celebrityhairphotos.org/women/cate-blanchett-1940s-updo-hairstyle-29

Very Happy You really should post more often, Wags
Just for posting that picture of my wife (in another world, of course).......I LIKE YOU EVEN MORE NOW.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3099
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:31 pm

MKing wrote:
Wags wrote:Haha yeah, though I'm the opposite and I've got Taurus moon too. Hoard and sit on it is my philosophy when it comes to money. I figure I'll get it circulating eventually. Plus, you get more attention from money-seekers when you go out and flaunt. Maybe it's the difference in generations, how old is your son?

Whenever I say "my boy" I mean as in best friend/someone like a brother to me, totally my fault, sometimes I write like the way I speak, and that's a real bad habit of mine. I don't have a problem with my friend when he flashes his money around, because he doesn't come off as annoying as others I have seen. He is more laid back and cool with the way he does it, and not all HA HA HA I have money and you don't.

Wags wrote:Well I'm glad you didn't give her the attention she wanted by acting like that. I've known so many ditzy girls. Funny thing is, while most guys including yourself see that as a woman degrading herself, some seem to like it. In high school I knew this Hispanic girl in tennis class who would play the ditz card to attract boys. And the fact that English wasn't her first language made it easier for her to do this.

Funniest thing she said though was, "Billyyy, will you train me the racket?"

I about fell over when I heard that. If they can do it effectively, more power to them? If not, it's a case much like your Sagittarius friend.

You're right....more power to them. I don't see anything wrong with being ditzy as far as a flirting method goes, but the problem I have is when a person take it to a whole other level and it becomes your persona all day, everyday, eventually that once was a turn on soon becomes a turn off.

Wags wrote:
http://www.celebrityhairphotos.org/women/cate-blanchett-1940s-updo-hairstyle-29

Very Happy You really should post more often, Wags
Just for posting that picture of my wife (in another world, of course).......I LIKE YOU EVEN MORE NOW.

Mr.Murchinson:

I want to hear your informed opinion on an issue. Why is that nerdy girls are more attractive to boys than nerdy boys are to girls?

LEON
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3603
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  lilith on Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:32 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
MKing wrote:
Wags wrote:Haha yeah, though I'm the opposite and I've got Taurus moon too. Hoard and sit on it is my philosophy when it comes to money. I figure I'll get it circulating eventually. Plus, you get more attention from money-seekers when you go out and flaunt. Maybe it's the difference in generations, how old is your son?

Whenever I say "my boy" I mean as in best friend/someone like a brother to me, totally my fault, sometimes I write like the way I speak, and that's a real bad habit of mine. I don't have a problem with my friend when he flashes his money around, because he doesn't come off as annoying as others I have seen. He is more laid back and cool with the way he does it, and not all HA HA HA I have money and you don't.

Wags wrote:Well I'm glad you didn't give her the attention she wanted by acting like that. I've known so many ditzy girls. Funny thing is, while most guys including yourself see that as a woman degrading herself, some seem to like it. In high school I knew this Hispanic girl in tennis class who would play the ditz card to attract boys. And the fact that English wasn't her first language made it easier for her to do this.

Funniest thing she said though was, "Billyyy, will you train me the racket?"

I about fell over when I heard that. If they can do it effectively, more power to them? If not, it's a case much like your Sagittarius friend.

You're right....more power to them. I don't see anything wrong with being ditzy as far as a flirting method goes, but the problem I have is when a person take it to a whole other level and it becomes your persona all day, everyday, eventually that once was a turn on soon becomes a turn off.

Wags wrote:
http://www.celebrityhairphotos.org/women/cate-blanchett-1940s-updo-hairstyle-29

Very Happy You really should post more often, Wags
Just for posting that picture of my wife (in another world, of course).......I LIKE YOU EVEN MORE NOW.

Mr.Murchinson:

I want to hear your informed opinion on an issue. Why is that nerdy girls are more attractive to boys than nerdy boys are to girls?

LEON

I think you made that assumption way too quickly! I wouldn't say that's true at all!

Many girls fall for the dorky professor-type, for example. There are others that like socially awkward, gangly and shy musician types. I've known high-school girls to like emo kids (I haven't used that term in forever), etc.
avatar
lilith

Cancer Cat
Posts : 289
Points : 2932
Age : 29
Location : Canada

View user profile http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:06 pm

lilith wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
MKing wrote:
Wags wrote:Haha yeah, though I'm the opposite and I've got Taurus moon too. Hoard and sit on it is my philosophy when it comes to money. I figure I'll get it circulating eventually. Plus, you get more attention from money-seekers when you go out and flaunt. Maybe it's the difference in generations, how old is your son?

Whenever I say "my boy" I mean as in best friend/someone like a brother to me, totally my fault, sometimes I write like the way I speak, and that's a real bad habit of mine. I don't have a problem with my friend when he flashes his money around, because he doesn't come off as annoying as others I have seen. He is more laid back and cool with the way he does it, and not all HA HA HA I have money and you don't.

Wags wrote:Well I'm glad you didn't give her the attention she wanted by acting like that. I've known so many ditzy girls. Funny thing is, while most guys including yourself see that as a woman degrading herself, some seem to like it. In high school I knew this Hispanic girl in tennis class who would play the ditz card to attract boys. And the fact that English wasn't her first language made it easier for her to do this.

Funniest thing she said though was, "Billyyy, will you train me the racket?"

I about fell over when I heard that. If they can do it effectively, more power to them? If not, it's a case much like your Sagittarius friend.

You're right....more power to them. I don't see anything wrong with being ditzy as far as a flirting method goes, but the problem I have is when a person take it to a whole other level and it becomes your persona all day, everyday, eventually that once was a turn on soon becomes a turn off.

Wags wrote:
http://www.celebrityhairphotos.org/women/cate-blanchett-1940s-updo-hairstyle-29

Very Happy You really should post more often, Wags
Just for posting that picture of my wife (in another world, of course).......I LIKE YOU EVEN MORE NOW.

Mr.Murchinson:

I want to hear your informed opinion on an issue. Why is that nerdy girls are more attractive to boys than nerdy boys are to girls?

LEON

I think you made that assumption way too quickly! I wouldn't say that's true at all!

Many girls fall for the dorky professor-type, for example. There are others that like socially awkward, gangly and shy musician types. I've known high-school girls to like emo kids (I haven't used that term in forever), etc.
What kind or type of girls were the ones who would self-lubricate over these dorky professors, awkward musicians, and emos? Were the girls who were not dorky, awkward, or emo themselves also attracted to these guys you mentioned?
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3603
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  MKing on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:15 am

lilith wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
MKing wrote:
Wags wrote:Haha yeah, though I'm the opposite and I've got Taurus moon too. Hoard and sit on it is my philosophy when it comes to money. I figure I'll get it circulating eventually. Plus, you get more attention from money-seekers when you go out and flaunt. Maybe it's the difference in generations, how old is your son?

Whenever I say "my boy" I mean as in best friend/someone like a brother to me, totally my fault, sometimes I write like the way I speak, and that's a real bad habit of mine. I don't have a problem with my friend when he flashes his money around, because he doesn't come off as annoying as others I have seen. He is more laid back and cool with the way he does it, and not all HA HA HA I have money and you don't.

Wags wrote:Well I'm glad you didn't give her the attention she wanted by acting like that. I've known so many ditzy girls. Funny thing is, while most guys including yourself see that as a woman degrading herself, some seem to like it. In high school I knew this Hispanic girl in tennis class who would play the ditz card to attract boys. And the fact that English wasn't her first language made it easier for her to do this.

Funniest thing she said though was, "Billyyy, will you train me the racket?"

I about fell over when I heard that. If they can do it effectively, more power to them? If not, it's a case much like your Sagittarius friend.

You're right....more power to them. I don't see anything wrong with being ditzy as far as a flirting method goes, but the problem I have is when a person take it to a whole other level and it becomes your persona all day, everyday, eventually that once was a turn on soon becomes a turn off.

Wags wrote:
http://www.celebrityhairphotos.org/women/cate-blanchett-1940s-updo-hairstyle-29

Very Happy You really should post more often, Wags
Just for posting that picture of my wife (in another world, of course).......I LIKE YOU EVEN MORE NOW.

Mr.Murchinson:

I want to hear your informed opinion on an issue. Why is that nerdy girls are more attractive to boys than nerdy boys are to girls?

LEON

I think you made that assumption way too quickly! I wouldn't say that's true at all!

Many girls fall for the dorky professor-type, for example. There are others that like socially awkward, gangly and shy musician types. I've known high-school girls to like emo kids (I haven't used that term in forever), etc.

I don't think he made that assumption to quickly at all. As far as I know or seen with my own two eyes, Leon's accusation pretty much holds up (on my end at lease). I won't push it and say that all girls, but I do believe majority of girls that aren't categorize as those labels themselves do fall for the non-nerdy/anti-social type of guys. I may have mentioned this on the old forum before about how a few of my own female friends would complain about not finding a good man, and I would constantly tell them that they aren't looking in the right direction, and it's not as if these friends of mine have similar personalities, because they don't, but they have the same taste in guys and I started to feel like it was just a female thing (a tad narrow-minded, but that how I felt) and not an individual preference sort of thing, if you understand what I am saying.

There is nothing wrong having standards, but I do feel that women are a bit more shallow/superficial whenever it comes to things like appearance, dating, or finding love. However, there are some women that are into geeky, nerdy, yada yada type of guys, but I would be lying to you all if I said that dating a those type of guys is/was the hot trend in school or in life because it's not, as for the other way around that's another story. I think I answered your question as well, Leon, guys love going after girls that are a bit of a challenge, We get bored with girls that are easy. it's not that we don't have standards, but we just don't mind dating different types of girls. Just my 2 cents. That's All.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3099
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  Dinny on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:03 am

Wow... this is an interesting discussion, sincerely. I've never really stopped to consider what the bulk of men consider or look for in a relationship, or what they're drawn/attracted to (I kind of became disillusioned and stopped being curious after the "blonde, tanned, tall, big boobs, skinny" stereotype).

I guess I've been kind of lucky in a way because I've always fallen for someone reasonably within my grasp (with the exception of one time... but that's cause he was gay, otherwise it would have worked out). I've never been one of those "average" girls idolizing "popular" and un-obtainable guys.

I get what Mking means about the challenge, though.

Wags wrote:You may have a particular sign in mind whenever you think of the type of person you're looking for a in a relationship, but do you also tend to go for an elemental quality as well? Which one(s) and why?

Water: Emotional
Air: Intellectual
Earth: Physical, material
Fire: Spiritual

Polar opposite of you in a way. I don't really have that much of an opinion on air or water, but I love to surround myself with earth and the occasional spot of fire.

I enjoy the practicability, reliability, and stability of the earth signs. I like how mellow they are and how so many of them radiate a quiet, humble power. I like how they're always the first to lend and hand and take on responsibility, at least the ones in my life.

I enjoy fires because most of the ones in my life have been strangely refined. Reminds me a touch of Meurglys. These are also all of the people that have encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone and have opened my eyes to new things. I also have the best conversations with them.

Airs? Don't have that many in my circle of friends besides a handful of libras. I couldn't really give an opinion. Again though, awesome conversation.

Waters? I have more of these in my immediate sphere than airs, but... no opinion is coming to mind, so I don't know. I think I haven't kept in contact and I kind of forgot what they're like. All I seem to remember is that contact with them was more emotion/sentiment based and with a few individuals in particular, I had an unexplainable connection with.

_________________
You entered Ayase Manor. Room topic is: Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever.

ˎ͓͜٨͓ˏ Darden Evageline.: As you said before, 'girls become bored'.

Dr. ARM: Not of me. <3

Dr. ARM has been kicked by Kira Ayase.
avatar
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat
Posts : 501
Points : 3327
Age : 25
Location : Dr. ARM's Laboratory

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  MKing on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:00 am

Dinny wrote:Wow... this is an interesting discussion, sincerely. I've never really stopped to consider what the bulk of men consider or look for in a relationship, or what they're drawn/attracted to (I kind of became disillusioned and stopped being curious after the "blonde, tanned, tall, big boobs, skinny" stereotype).

I guess I've been kind of lucky in a way because I've always fallen for someone reasonably within my grasp (with the exception of one time... but that's cause he was gay, otherwise it would have worked out). I've never been one of those "average" girls idolizing "popular" and un-obtainable guys.

I can honestly see that. You don't strike me as that type of girl that would be stupid ( a bit harsh) foolish enough to run after the "ideal" type of guy. Didn't you say that you use to hang around with guys in school, because you didn't click with girls?

If that's the case than you remind of my Leo friend, because she didn't click with girls at all, she felt that they were always acting so airhead-ish, so she pretty much hung with us all the time. We all had a crush on her. I think it was the fact that she was into sports and not afraid of getting dirty, or being a non airhead that turn us on the most.......and on top of that she was pretty. At first other females didn't like her because they thought that she was just trying to be different, but eventually everybody started to like her, she was even voted prom queen, so it's amazing how that works out, huh?
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3099
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  Dinny on Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:40 pm

MKing wrote:
Dinny wrote:Wow... this is an interesting discussion, sincerely. I've never really stopped to consider what the bulk of men consider or look for in a relationship, or what they're drawn/attracted to (I kind of became disillusioned and stopped being curious after the "blonde, tanned, tall, big boobs, skinny" stereotype).

I guess I've been kind of lucky in a way because I've always fallen for someone reasonably within my grasp (with the exception of one time... but that's cause he was gay, otherwise it would have worked out). I've never been one of those "average" girls idolizing "popular" and un-obtainable guys.

I can honestly see that. You don't strike me as that type of girl that would be stupid ( a bit harsh) foolish enough to run after the "ideal" type of guy. Didn't you say that you use to hang around with guys in school, because you didn't click with girls?

If that's the case than you remind of my Leo friend, because she didn't click with girls at all, she felt that they were always acting so airhead-ish, so she pretty much hung with us all the time. We all had a crush on her. I think it was the fact that she was into sports and not afraid of getting dirty, or being a non airhead that turn us on the most.......and on top of that she was pretty. At first other females didn't like her because they thought that she was just trying to be different, but eventually everybody started to like her, she was even voted prom queen, so it's amazing how that works out, huh?

Indeed it is. I'm very similar then, but I'm not really that interested in sport -- I'm into other "guy" interests though. Computers, videogames, cars, etc. But yeah, my guy friends treat me like I'm one of them, and it's a good feeling. I went to a party a while ago where I was the only girl (with 26 other guys) and we sat around drinking beer and slapping each other with giant dick-shaped balloons, playing Halo: Reach with ARM on the other end and vuvuzela-ing each others nipples. It was pretty cool.

But yeah I've noticed this since I was eight, I believe. Before that I had all female friends and I tried really hard to conform to their interests (I took up ballet because they all did it, and forced myself to like the Spice Girls -- they were the big thing at the time), but after settling in with a group of all guys and feeling much more comfortable there, I never looked back. I didn't have female friends again until I was twelve or thirteen. It's basically as you say -- girls are fucking shallow, petty, prissy airheads for the most part. The female friends I have now as part of my "mixed" circle are far from that description.

I think the comparison between the Leo girl and I would end at physical attractiveness, though. Razz

So, what do guys like besides non-airheadedness and a pretty face?

_________________
You entered Ayase Manor. Room topic is: Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever.

ˎ͓͜٨͓ˏ Darden Evageline.: As you said before, 'girls become bored'.

Dr. ARM: Not of me. <3

Dr. ARM has been kicked by Kira Ayase.
avatar
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat
Posts : 501
Points : 3327
Age : 25
Location : Dr. ARM's Laboratory

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:41 pm

Dinny wrote:So, what do guys like besides non-airheadedness and a pretty face?
Self-made rich bitches or one with a good financial IQ and potential.

I want to start a few businesses, make them into assets, acquire assets using the revenue from the businesses, sell the businesses once they're at their peak, and then successfully invest.

It's either marry before I'm financially free or don't marry at all once I have that freedom.

The lame AZZ laws are too concerned with being "fair" to the spouse who earns less. Tiger Wood's ex-wife earned a 9 digit payday for divorcing him. She was a model and glorified nanny before meeting Woods. Had she not rob Woods through a divorce, she definitely wouldn't have ever been able to make that kind of money on her own. They were married for around 6 years, so what that fraud AZZ law system determined is that each year of her time is worth nearly $17mil. Let me know if I'm wrong, and she was somehow able to rake in that kind of green on her own. Woods ended up paying $17mil a year for a wife that wasn't even that great, he had to cheat and have dozens of extra girlfriends.

There's cases where the higher earner gets stuck with some bullshit fees and are forced to give their ex a couple of grand per month, even though the spouse wasn't even capable of producing a fraction of that kind of $ DURING or BEFORE the marriage. The criminals known as the divorce system calls it maintaining their standard of living. They're essentially forcing the higher earner to be in debt to their ex. The more debt someone has, the less financially free they are.

Sometimes prenups be getting thrown out too. Fuck splitting businesses or assets that you created or acquired by yourself. I'm not letting a crooked AZZ bitter girl, divorce attorneys, and judge rob me.

If you're spouse was also a successful business person, then they probably played a major role in helping you create your empire of assets. It would actually be closer to "fair" during divorce time.

LEON will do it like a rapper. Forever be a man-child with no true wife.
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3603
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  lilith on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:01 pm

Dinny wrote:

Indeed it is. I'm very similar then, but I'm not really that interested in sport -- I'm into other "guy" interests though. Computers, videogames, cars, etc. But yeah, my guy friends treat me like I'm one of them, and it's a good feeling. I went to a party a while ago where I was the only girl (with 26 other guys) and we sat around drinking beer and slapping each other with giant dick-shaped balloons, playing Halo: Reach with ARM on the other end and vuvuzela-ing each others nipples. It was pretty cool.

But yeah I've noticed this since I was eight, I believe. Before that I had all female friends and I tried really hard to conform to their interests (I took up ballet because they all did it, and forced myself to like the Spice Girls -- they were the big thing at the time), but after settling in with a group of all guys and feeling much more comfortable there, I never looked back. I didn't have female friends again until I was twelve or thirteen. It's basically as you say -- girls are fucking shallow, petty, prissy airheads for the most part. The female friends I have now as part of my "mixed" circle are far from that description.

I think the comparison between the Leo girl and I would end at physical attractiveness, though. Razz

So, what do guys like besides non-airheadedness and a pretty face?

I can relate to most of this (besides cars and the Spice Girls). I'll be hanging with one or two people and sometimes it ends up with something like 8 dudes and me sitting around. I wish you guys knew me IRL. My writing style is so blunt and too bossy-sounding that you get the wrong impression.

In terms of the whole who likes nerdy types conversation, what Mking and Tycoon are both saying reminds me of high school. Though, I've met all sorts of people and I can't really make a general consensus on what "kind" of people like who.

Also, I have been studying for ~14 hours and I'm going more retarded instead of being more smarter.
avatar
lilith

Cancer Cat
Posts : 289
Points : 2932
Age : 29
Location : Canada

View user profile http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  MKing on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:12 pm

Dinny wrote:
Indeed it is. I'm very similar then, but I'm not really that interested in sport -- I'm into other "guy" interests though. Computers, videogames, cars, etc. But yeah, my guy friends treat me like I'm one of them, and it's a good feeling. I went to a party a while ago where I was the only girl (with 26 other guys) and we sat around drinking beer and slapping each other with giant dick-shaped balloons, playing Halo: Reach with ARM on the other end and vuvuzela-ing each others nipples. It was pretty cool.

But yeah I've noticed this since I was eight, I believe. Before that I had all female friends and I tried really hard to conform to their interests (I took up ballet because they all did it, and forced myself to like the Spice Girls -- they were the big thing at the time), but after settling in with a group of all guys and feeling much more comfortable there, I never looked back. I didn't have female friends again until I was twelve or thirteen. It's basically as you say -- girls are fucking shallow, petty, prissy airheads for the most part. The female friends I have now as part of my "mixed" circle are far from that description.

I think the comparison between the Leo girl and I would end at physical attractiveness, though. Razz

So, what do guys like besides non-airheadedness and a pretty face?

Good Question.

I won't speak any of these other guys on here, but I know what I like and it's pretty much the same traits that you and Leo possess, but what I really liked about Leo is her balance, she knew how to be a girl, and not come off to manly. Like some girls who hang around guys come off too manly and that's a turn off. I don't want you dressing like me in your everyday life. A close friend of mine use to wear my tank tops and sweat pants, but that was only indoor, like she wouldn't leave the house looking like that.

CONSIDERATION. I can't stress enough about how I like people who are considerate. for example I constantly tell people don't bother me on game day. I want to be left alone. I just want to watch the games in peace. No silly nagging about your girlfriends, or your co-workers, I don't mind listening to what you have to say, but just not on game day, or whenever my friends are around.

I will probably add on later, but really I don't ask for much so maybe that is about it.

OT: I really like Halo:Reach, but I can't help but to feel a bit disappointed in the end, like something fell flat for me. I can't tell if I really like it or hate it. I love that you can create your own spartan, and the jet packs are cool, but just don't know.
Shaking Head
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3099
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:43 pm

lilith wrote:In terms of the whole who likes nerdy types conversation, what Mking and Tycoon are both saying reminds me of high school. Though, I've met all sorts of people and I can't really make a general consensus on what "kind" of people like who.
See the type of guys I knew who were closest to being UNIVERSALLY attractive were far from dorky, nerdy, and/or socially awkward. They were typically very extroverted, have the ability to run social situations, and are always joking around. Very fun people to be around. You can have fun in what's usually a boring situation by bullshitting around with them.

The dorky, nerdy, and/or socially awkward guys I knew were either attractive to the opposite gender as friends, or they got it on with their female counterparts.

What are you studying so hard for? Question
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3603
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  Wags on Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Sort of lost my place in this thread, but it's interesting seeing what you guys came up with for what you're attracted to. I don't know that it necessarily takes a "type" of girl to date a nerdy/socially awkward guy (though in my high school, most "nerds" were actually very cool and funny to be around, so *shrug*).

Agree with Lilith, it sounds more like a high school thing than anything. People stop looking like labels and start looking like unique individuals as you get away from high school. Nerd and social awkwardness aren't necessarily synonymous.

...Though, this is coming from someone who could be labeled as a nerd, but that's beside the point.

MKing wrote:Whenever I say "my boy" I mean as in best friend/someone like a brother to me, totally my fault, sometimes I write like the way I speak, and that's a real bad habit of mine. I don't have a problem with my friend when he flashes his money around, because he doesn't come off as annoying as others I have seen. He is more laid back and cool with the way he does it, and not all HA HA HA I have money and you don't.

... Oh. I take things a bit too literally at times, no fault of yours there.
I've got a cousin who's very flashy with his money, but it doesn't bother me either as he's not rubbing it in like he's a more accomplished person simply because he can buy something like, a flat screen tv that's so big it covers his wall, or something. Those types are the nasty ones.

You're right....more power to them. I don't see anything wrong with being ditzy as far as a flirting method goes, but the problem I have is when a person take it to a whole other level and it becomes your persona all day, everyday, eventually that once was a turn on soon becomes a turn off.

Yeah, can't stand being around people who morph themselves into that.

Very Happy You really should post more often, Wags
Just for posting that picture of my wife (in another world, of course).......I LIKE YOU EVEN MORE NOW.

Haha, love Cate Blanchett <3 She always looks like a goddess. Have you seen her in the Robin Hood movie that recently came out? I liked seeing her with darker hair (she may have had darker or red ish hair in Benjamin Button or other movies, I don't remember). Good taste, good taste Very Happy
avatar
Wags

Aries Goat
Posts : 67
Points : 2641
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:56 pm

Wags wrote:social awkwardness aren't necessarily synonymous.
It's hard for someone to be attractive if they're too socially awkward, male or female. You know your shit.
avatar
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 3603
Location : Seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  lilith on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:25 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
lilith wrote:In terms of the whole who likes nerdy types conversation, what Mking and Tycoon are both saying reminds me of high school. Though, I've met all sorts of people and I can't really make a general consensus on what "kind" of people like who.
See the type of guys I knew who were closest to being UNIVERSALLY attractive were far from dorky, nerdy, and/or socially awkward. They were typically very extroverted, have the ability to run social situations, and are always joking around. Very fun people to be around. You can have fun in what's usually a boring situation by bullshitting around with them.

The dorky, nerdy, and/or socially awkward guys I knew were either attractive to the opposite gender as friends, or they got it on with their female counterparts.

What are you studying so hard for? Question

Yeah, I can see that. Once I got into university that fine line between cool and not cool was definitely a lot fuzzier and I didn't get that feeling like certain men were "out of my league" anymore. It helps that we don't have frats here too, makes it harder to group people together and to place them apart in groups.

Was studying for final exams for the term. =P
avatar
lilith

Cancer Cat
Posts : 289
Points : 2932
Age : 29
Location : Canada

View user profile http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  MKing on Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:26 pm

Wags wrote:
Very Happy You really should post more often, Wags
Just for posting that picture of my wife (in another world, of course).......I LIKE YOU EVEN MORE NOW.

Haha, love Cate Blanchett <3 She always looks like a goddess. Have you seen her in the Robin Hood movie that recently came out? I liked seeing her with darker hair (she may have had darker or red ish hair in Benjamin Button or other movies, I don't remember). Good taste, good taste Very Happy

Goddess that the perfect word to describe her. I haven't seen Robin Hood, yet. I have to drink something pretty strong in order to watch a Russell Crow movie. He is just one of those actor that I just can't get pass his Russell Crow-ness LOL. For anybody that doesn't think that Blanchett is beautiful, just watch Benjamin Button.

I agree with you about the HS school thing, it's just that I feel that people in our age group (20s) still act very much like High Schoolers. I use to to think that people would change after HS, but a lot of them don't, not in their 20s, anyway. College was like this for me, even my job is like this (drama, drama, drama), it's ridiculous. I think that the older we get (30+) the more we become ourselves.
avatar
MKing

Capricorn Tiger
Posts : 397
Points : 3099
Age : 30
Location : Center of The Stage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tendency towards an element

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum