This is probably the funniest unrelated post I've seen on this forum. <3
Monty

Leo Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Issues of Race

Post  Dr. ARM on Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:14 pm

Dinny wrote:
MKing wrote:Because I think your boyfriend is crazy, I refuse to compliment you anymore

Such a shame, I was really looking for to complimenting you on having a great pair of NICE, BIG, ROUND.................EYES.

Besides, last thing I need in my life is some crazy white boy trying to lynch me.

Ffffhahahaha. Appreciated compliment, you wordsmith you. Laughing In any case, he does that to everyone. It's just like, you know, a thing he does. I'm divided on it. On one side of the coin, his possessiveness/defensiveness is endearing, on the other, I enjoy being complimented (as most people do) and I don't like the idea that when people say good things about me, they'd be scolded, but if they insult my appearance, he just lets them go? I guess I can understand that, because I have no idea what you're supposed to say in that situation.

I'm just glad he's not insane enough to, for example, not let me hang out with my male friends (since the vast majority of them are male) and stuff.

I know where you live Murch, and I will hunt you down.

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/1724/mking.jpg

Secondly: Dinny, I've always defended you whenever the opportunity presented itself and the only time I've ever scolded anyone for complimenting you is when the flattery was sexually-charged.

Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:All the trash in this thread started because an islander aussie girl decided to take mking's joke too literally. Neutral

More like because ARM said he'd be pissed with me if I didn't respond to Mking.

In the very near future I'm splitting off these off-topic posts into a new thread, if you want to elaborate upon the discussion, continue it here. As a general rule, if you go off-topic, it isn't a huge issue unless it develops into it's own in-depth discussion as it has here. It warrants its own thread. Surprised

Just to clarify, I wasn't too bothered by being called crazy or white. I was more annoyed at the way you presented me in that initial response to Murchison.

I still love you. <3
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:30 pm

Thanks, Dinny and Leon for understanding what I was trying to say to "guest", I really appreciate that. All I ask for is that people need to learn how to SOMETIMES take themselves out of their own shoes, and try to see how it will feel to be in some else, that's all I ask for, It's not that hard (well, maybe for some). It's always soooooo easy to defend yourself, but much harder to defend others.

@"Guest": What I don't understand is when did you become so high and mighty, you talk about how you can't stand that the Black race does this and does that, for once in your life, how about you take a step back, and look into the mirror and see what wrong with yourself, before you talk about what's wrong with other people. We are all aware that no one is perfect, and instead of you bashing another person's race, how about you answer this question, What the HELL don't you like about your own race? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE answer that for me, if you can. That would make a far more interesting topic, because the whole talking shit about somebody else race is beyond redundant.

@Star: I don't think the organization are the real problem. The real problem, like dinny said is the media. The media completely brainwash Americans into believing basically anything. A lot of stereotypes comes form the media, and people are so clueless that they actually feed into these things. Look at all of these reality shows and the ignorant people they cast on these shows, out of 20 constants there is always one or two Black, Asian, Hispanic person on there, and they are always the ultimate stereotype, it's ridiculous, like who the hell are casting these people, they couldn't find anyone else a bit better, and it's not only race that are seen in such a bad light. I do understand that the NAACP can come across annoying as fuck, but so does GLAAD and PETA and those anti-abortion groups, but in the end of the day we can't just eliminate these organizations, because honestly they are the less of our worries.

@Dr. ARM: Laughing you play too much. I knew you wouldn't be bothered by the joke in the first place, the apology needed to be said just in case anyone else felt offended. There are only a few people who would find my sense of humor amusing and you and Leon, are the only ones on here who probably does.

That's All
afro
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang on Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:39 pm

I have yet to meet a single white person on the planet that is earnestly offended by the terms "cracker" or "honky."

That being said, the vast majority of Americans practice what I like to call "willful ignorance." While I'm not always proactive about keeping up with current events the world over, I don't like to turn a blind eye to them either since we all have to share this hunk of metal and rock.

Maybe its nothing, but of all the industrialized countries in the world, America has the highest demographic of religious people while the afformentioned Scandanavian countries have the lowest. Let's face it, more often than not religious people have that holier than thou attitude since they think they have all the answers to the world's problems in their ancient mythology book. And when you think you have all the answers, why would you bother looking at any other point of view that is obviously wrong?

I remember in jest asking if their book held the answer to cold fusion in response to them telling me the Bible had all knowledge I could ever need.
Argent Fang

Title : Fledgling Author/Bounty Hunter
Gemini Dog

View user profile http://www.argentfangs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:19 pm

MKing wrote:Thanks, Dinny and Leon for understanding what I was trying to say to "guest", I really appreciate that. All I ask for is that people need to learn how to SOMETIMES take themselves out of their own shoes, and try to see how it will feel to be in some else, that's all I ask for, It's not that hard (well, maybe for some). It's always soooooo easy to defend yourself, but much harder to defend others.

@"Guest": What I don't understand is when did you become so high and mighty, you talk about how you can't stand that the Black race does this and does that, for once in your life, how about you take a step back, and look into the mirror and see what wrong with yourself, before you talk about what's wrong with other people. We are all aware that no one is perfect, and instead of you bashing another person's race, how about you answer this question, What the HELL don't you like about your own race? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE answer that for me, if you can. That would make a far more interesting topic, because the whole talking shit about somebody else race is beyond redundant.
afro

I'm having back issues again and have taken a couple pills so I'm a little loopy right now. I will respond to this in the next day or two. Quick points: I am not high (ok, maybe a little right now Very Happy ) or mighty. I will accept your challenge and step back and examine my views on white people. It may be interesting; it may be enlightening...I don't think so but hey. As far as the media portraying a stereotype...I can agree with that. I do not watch television of any sort, save the occasional episode of Two and a Half Men (even that is a rare thing) I do not think that is the entire problem...may be the effect, not the cause. Anyway, I'll get back on here in a couple days and respond to your reply. I reread my posts and I do not see where I came across as "high and mighty" or really bashed your race. Please quote me where I bashed anything. I did say some negative, unfavorable things...true enough. Please respond to those points and argue them if you feel you must. If I am wrong, I will admit as much. I do not think I am (I am a Taurus, after-all ) Laughing

I may chime in on the America vs. Australia thing, too. It's just another point about people labeling each other and separating each other by some line on a map. I really think this comparison is an apples to oranges debate but I could be wrong.

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Issues of Race

Post  StarFireSong on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Glad you liked the picture, Josh! Very Happy

MKing wrote:@Star: I don't think the organization are the real problem. The real problem, like dinny said is the media. The media completely brainwash Americans into believing basically anything. A lot of stereotypes comes form the media, and people are so clueless that they actually feed into these things. Look at all of these reality shows and the ignorant people they cast on these shows, out of 20 constants there is always one or two Black, Asian, Hispanic person on there, and they are always the ultimate stereotype, it's ridiculous, like who the hell are casting these people, they couldn't find anyone else a bit better, and it's not only race that are seen in such a bad light. I do understand that the NAACP can come across annoying as fuck, but so does GLAAD and PETA and those anti-abortion groups, but in the end of the day we can't just eliminate these organizations, because honestly they are the less of our worries.

Hmm. I've gotta disagree with you. I think blaming the media for nearly everything is starting to become a crutch, instead of a legitimate complaint. It's turning into this: "You got a problem? BLAME THE MEDIA. It's all their fault anyway!" Shaking Head However, the media DOES have a part in perpetuating the stereotypes. You do have a point though. We, as a society, have to take responsibility for accepting the norms & mores instead of challenging them in order to institute the changes that we want to see.

The whole black-face thing: The video that was posted in the old forum was the first time I'd ever heard of black-face, & I found it to be entirely tasteless, disrespectful, & crass. I'd feel the same way if people painted their face red just to poke fun at the "Injuns". To put it in terms of my own POV, it's the same reaction I get when I hear people call the Deaf "deaf & dumb" or "deaf-mutes". They're incredibly offensive & derogatory (not to mention antiquated!) terms. They're equivalent to calling a woman a c*nt.

Just like you have things you dislike, there are things races as a whole dislike. I understand that it's different in each country, but still, I don't think it's appropriate for anyone to poke fun at anyone else. That's just my opinion, & I'll leave it at that.

StarFireSong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:55 am

@Guest: Fair enough, a little challenge could never hurt thanking you for accepting it. I only said the high and mighty comment because of what you were saying about the whole blacks thinking that they are entitled to something, and then you turned around and started talking about the guy with the confederate flag. Maybe I read into it wrong, but you came across very.........You > and those type of people, as if you are better than any of them. As I said before maybe I read between the lines too much.

@Star: I agree, Star putting the blame on the media is getting a bit old, but you did say we needed to start somewhere and I can't think of anything better than starting with the most popular things (TV, Radio, Magazines etc..). The only reason I blame the media so much is because take this for instance, a small town, filled with white people, who may never spoken to any other race but their own, just so happen to be watching some highly popular show (reality) on TV (mind you, these show love to cast crazy stereotypes), and then all of sudden some crazy black girl comes across the TV screen acting loud, being angry, acting ghetto and etc... Is it natural for somebody raised in that type of environment to say "why do they always act like that"?, these things happen all the time, I have had ignorant friends ask me why do I listen to "white people music"?, as if I should only be listen to black people music, and I can't get upset with them, because some of my friends just so happened to be raised in environments that aren't culturally diverse, not to put all the blame on that, but you understand what I am trying to say here. Anyhow, I do understand what you are saying about the using the media as a crutch.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang on Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:24 pm

Why stop with the media? Let's blame Congress while we're at it!
Argent Fang

Title : Fledgling Author/Bounty Hunter
Gemini Dog

View user profile http://www.argentfangs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:07 pm

.........Or we could........just Blame it on the Goose.
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:42 pm

MKing, I've a question.

Would the stereotypes linking Fried Chicken, Watermelons and Malt Liquor link to the black race at all? Just asking that as a general and not so objective question, bud.
Monty

Leo Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:49 pm

Monty wrote:MKing, I've a question.

Would the stereotypes linking Fried Chicken, Watermelons and Malt Liquor link to the black race at all? Just asking that as a general and not so objective question, bud.
The greatest fried chicken chain in my city was established by Black Americans.

They also use a shit load of sugar when making they Kool-Aid, b.
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:44 pm

I haven't had a lot of time to sit and ponder the white race yet but I will.

If I go into a chicken place and there are white people cooking I leave. Take it for what it is... I eat at a local Popeye's that is awesome, although I really haven't eaten there since I started my diet/ workout regimen. I love the fried chicken strips, red beans and rice, buttermilk biscuit, some bbq sauce and a Pepsi (I prefer Coke but it is what they have)

I grew up poor and we (my father, brother, one of my brother's friends and myself) used to cut the watermelons of the vine in a field, load them into an old '59 GMC school bus and haul them to various places to sell. We sold a lot more to white people than black.

It's funny, a lot of the black stereotypes pertaining to food are really just Southern-style food. Fried chicken, watermelon, fat backs, collard greens, cornbread, etc.

Taurus Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:07 pm

Guest, I swear half of your posts are about food. And everything you described there is making my stomach rumble.

Although it's more race than nationality oriented, I'm somewhat similar. I don't usually tolerate whiteys making my Chinese food. Simply put, they just never do it as good. Unless we're talking about a real top-notch restaurant where the head chef actually went to whatever country and studied their cuisine for several years, that's a different story.

ˎ͓͜٨͓ˏ Darden Evageline.: As you said before, 'girls become bored'.

Dr. ARM: Not of me. <3

Dr. ARM has been kicked by Kira Ayase.
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:50 am

Dinny wrote:Guest, I swear half of your posts are about food. And everything you described there is making my stomach rumble.

Although it's more race than nationality oriented, I'm somewhat similar. I don't usually tolerate whiteys making my Chinese food. Simply put, they just never do it as good. Unless we're talking about a real top-notch restaurant where the head chef actually went to whatever country and studied their cuisine for several years, that's a different story.
I wouldn't do that if I were you, son. You do know that fish sauce comes out of viet pussy?
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:24 am

Guest wrote:
It's funny, a lot of the black stereotypes pertaining to food are really just Southern-style food. Fried chicken, watermelon, fat backs, collard greens, cornbread, etc.

Sooo true.

Many white people from the south would probably laugh at that stereotype. Both of my parents were born and raised in the south, and being that North Carolina is like my second home, I can say that both races enjoy eating that kind of food. I had a book base on stereotypes, I can't really find it, tho. Funny.....sure enough, somehow down the line Blacks were labeled to those kind of foods, I can't really remember the history behind it. I'll do some research.

@Leon: WHAAATTT???? U play too much, son Laughing..........NO, SERIOUSLY Shaking Head
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:35 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:Guest, I swear half of your posts are about food. And everything you described there is making my stomach rumble.

I wouldn't do that if I were you, son. You do know that fish sauce comes out of viet pussy?

Semi-related, but we're talking about Chinese food again, a friend of mine had an aunt that contracted oral herpes from eating a salad that was bought at a Chinese place nearby. They scrambled for a while to find out what it was, but it turns out that the guys out back where jacking off into the salad dressing. How gross is that.

Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:43 pm

Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

Semi-related, but we're talking about Chinese food again, a friend of mine had an aunt that contracted oral herpes from eating a salad that was bought at a Chinese place nearby. They scrambled for a while to find out what it was, but it turns out that the guys out back where jacking off into the salad dressing. How gross is that.
Some girl should have used her mouth on them instead. She would have heroically saved everyone. Neutral

So this is why you like Chinese guys.
PapiChuloLeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny on Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:47 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

Some girl should have used her mouth on them instead. She would have heroically saved everyone. Neutral

So this is why you like Chinese guys.

Laughing To borrow Mking's words, "you play too much".

Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:03 pm

Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

I'm sorry but;

LMFAO!!!
Monty

Leo Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:42 am

Dinny wrote:Semi-related, but we're talking about Chinese food again, a friend of mine had an aunt that contracted oral herpes from eating a salad that was bought at a Chinese place nearby. They scrambled for a while to find out what it was, but it turns out that the guys out back where jacking off into the salad dressing. How gross is that.

OMG. That literally made me gasp & gag out loud. That's VILE. *turns green*

StarFireSong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:18 pm

That happened to "my aunt's friend" here, apparently except it was cole slaw at KFC.

Laughing
lilith

Cancer Cat

View user profile http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:30 pm

I'm still observing white people so I can do a comparison and stereotype them but it has been boring so far. Most are just trying to keep the government from taking their money and screwing up the country. This may be due to the recent elections here but I don't know for sure. Of course, the way this country is headed we better learn Chinese and Arabic (whichever regional language of each you choose)

Taurus Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top