Old Habits You Gave Up On

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Old Habits You Gave Up On

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:13 pm

I used to play video games all the time as kid, but I stopped when I was 14 or 15. It's just not the same anymore. I can't get into the games. It just looks corny and too unreal now.
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old Habits You Gave Up On

Post  Dinny on Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:36 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:I used to play video games all the time as kid, but I stopped when I was 14 or 15. It's just not the same anymore. I can't get into the games. It just looks corny and too unreal now.

I'm having a hard time working out any habits/rituals/hobbies I gave up on as I got older.

The only thing I can identify was my ambition to become a Vet, that I gave up on. It was the only occupation my grades weren't good enough to get into. I never dreamed that becoming a Vet would be far, far harder than becoming a doctor or lawyer.

As for videogames, depends on what kind we're talking about. I play things from my youth and the nostalgia does half the work for me. If you're playing Zelda for example, you expect it to be corny and unreal. Who wants to live in a world where all movies, games, books etc reflect our boring and monotonous world?

ˎ͓͜٨͓ˏ Darden Evageline.: As you said before, 'girls become bored'.

Dr. ARM: Not of me. <3

Dr. ARM has been kicked by Kira Ayase.
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

View user profile http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit on Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:30 pm

I can't get enough of Super Smash Brothers in any of its incarnations. It's just way too much fun.
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty on Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:43 pm

I'm a sucker for the ancient Nintendo stuff. I used to love it all, I still do to a certain extent but pretty much practicing at music has been my thing ever since I was... 12?

I kind of wish to see what it was like if I hadn't taken it up. I don't even see many of my old friends anymore.
Monty

Leo Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:14 pm

I given up a few things:
video games - my kids are big into WoW...I just don't see the point. I used to play a lot (Zelda, Tomb Raider, Gran Turismo, etc. I played from Pong through PS2 I guess. I had all the old Ataris (2600, 5200, 7800), Nintendo, SNES, N64, etc) I never got into Wii, GameCube and whatever is out now. My kids have Gameboys, PSPs, had a Wii, PS2, Xbox 360, etc. I don't think they play them much anymore...now it's all on their laptops playing online. I say that like it's a bad thing while I sit here on the sofa on my laptop.

partying - I actually miss this one sometimes. OK, not so much the week-long acid trips or 3-4 day ecstasy parties but more of the social aspect. Although the whole lifestyle was pretty much carefree. Yeah, can't do all that now...job, family, responsibility.

dreams - yeah, I've finally given up on a few of those. I won't go into details but it's safe to say I'm not going to be a rock star. Shaking Head No, but there are some dreams, hopes, aspirations...whatever, that I have let go. I'm still clinging to a few though.

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top